New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

Hi westcoast!

I remember once the lurker was on and I wrote hi like that and she pm'd me (our first pm :wub: ) a flat "you have issues"

:rofl: I wrote a contrite apology! I'm sure I made a wry Stevens obsession comment to prove her point further as well... :lol: She responded in kind! I miss the meadowlands :evilcry:

We didn't do a happy birthday lurker thread! :angry: I forgot... :blush:

EDIT: (later that evening:) AWE SEE? westcoast is gone... at least no PM.

Edited by Pepperkorn

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously? No posts in 2 hours? What the hell is going on here, people.

Mostly due to the fact that there is nothing new to discuss really. Besides "Kovy's mom has got it goin on" and the 4th wave of SKA, nothing has really happened today. Hopefully that means there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

It's so nice to see you here finally crasher...

:unsure: I bet I just drove him away even...

Drink some decaf :P

I had a lot of real-life drama that's been mirroring this Kovalchuk stupidity and been dealing with that

I doubt I'll ever be purged of this place!

i am pretty sure it was don.whiting who would always cite godwin's law.

After 441 pages, we must be on the brink of it if Godwin's Law stands true. If this thread goes into the HOF before it becomes about Hitler and the Nazis then we may have proven Mr. Godwin wrong.

Of course, now somebody is going to make it happen.

I doubt I'll ever be purged of this place!

Nice pun...just sayin...

THAT was it -- godwin's law. hilarious I thought puddy was sort of in on it too... who was the crazy kid they were schooling?

Wasn't it that crazy Asian kid who lived in Hershey? Can't remember his screen name...

Haven't seen Don around lately. Did the Politics forum finally chase him off? Haven't been in there for a few months myself (got so sick of it that I went and blocked my access to it), so I don't really know what's going on in there lately.

Mostly due to the fact that there is nothing new to discuss really. Besides "Kovy's mom has got it goin on" and the 4th wave of SKA, nothing has really happened today. Hopefully that means there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

You're welcome. :D

At this rate, the Russian hockey club has had more waves than the musical genre.

Speaking of that:

So apparently SKA gave new offers to Kovy, include a "make your own terms" offer. Sigh this will never end.

if one of the offers was "make your own offer", why would there need to be more than one? :lol:

it'll end sooner or later. I say if you haven't heard any movement by Monday, you can figure where this is going. at this point they should just be trying to convince him to take a one year they can live with and continue working on it.

it also gives you a further chance to kick the tires.

Wasn't it that crazy Asian kid who lived in Hershey? Can't remember his screen name...

Haven't seen Don around lately. Did the Politics forum finally chase him off? Haven't been in there for a few months myself (got so sick of it that I went and blocked my access to it), so I don't really know what's going on in there lately.

You're welcome. :D

At this rate, the Russian hockey club has had more waves than the musical genre.

Speaking of that:

I match your Reel Big Fish and you raise with some Mustard Plug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEawhD4cFLU

if one of the offers was "make your own offer", why would there need to be more than one? :lol:

it'll end sooner or later. I say if you haven't heard any movement by Monday, you can figure where this is going. at this point they should just be trying to convince him to take a one year they can live with and continue working on it.

it also gives you a further chance to kick the tires.

meh, a one year means they can't announce a new kovalchuk deal until january 1, and it reeks of bad faith to then not sign him after a full season when they were willing to commit 17 years before. i agree that it would be best for NJ for kovalchuk to sign for one year, but i don't think that's what he wants.

The bottom line for me on all of this, is that Kovy is going to sign ("This is Team" and I honestly believe him in that regard), and there's the rest of the summer to tend to. I need to BBQ and drink red wine, and go take ice skating lessons with my 8 year old, and watch Family Guy on Hulu :)

Really, from where I'm sitting, it's allllll good.

The bottom line for me on all of this, is that Kovy is going to sign ("This is Team" and I honestly believe him in that regard), and there's the rest of the summer to tend to. I need to BBQ and drink red wine, and go take ice skating lessons with my 8 year old, and watch Family Guy on Hulu :)

This.

The only reason I am following closely is because I want to order my damn Kovy jersey. And it would be bad mojo to order it early, just assuming he will sign.

This Kovalchuk thing has me addicted to twitter.... this gold just showed up from Brendan Shannahan.

@NHLShanny I'm lost. Honestly. What is the OTHER meaning of the Red Rocket?

@NHLShanny Whoa! I'm sorry I asked. Toronto peeps called the TTC the red rocket WAY before south park.

This.

The only reason I am following closely is because I want to order my damn Kovy jersey. And it would be bad mojo to order it early, just assuming he will sign.

hell yea man. i have bad karma when buying jerseys. i have a vernon gholston jets jersey :puke:

This Kovalchuk thing has me addicted to twitter.... this gold just showed up from Brendan Shannahan.

@NHLShanny I'm lost. Honestly. What is the OTHER meaning of the Red Rocket?

@NHLShanny Whoa! I'm sorry I asked. Toronto peeps called the TTC the red rocket WAY before south park.

Hahaha that's great.

I know, my friends can't believe I got a twitter page and really don't understand what I mean when I say I could not follow hockey news without it.

hell yea man. i have bad karma when buying jerseys. i have a vernon gholston jets jersey :puke:

I got a Favre Jets jersey :argh:

And a Kellen Clemens Jets jersey :argh: (Luckily that was $25 at Marshalls)

Needless to say, I know no longer get QB jerseys.

Edited by mmajeski06

Lets say hypothetically he does not sign and ends up on another NHL team, I would be extremely interested in how he handles the press conference

Lets say hypothetically he does not sign and ends up on another NHL team, I would be extremely interested in how he handles the press conference

This is seriously team?

Also, Flogging Molly just popped on in iTunes and it made me think of how amazing this last St. Patty's Day was. Not only is it my favorite holiday, but we got to see the Devils throwbacks, and they beat the Penguins. Still can't get over how awesome that game was. :koolaid:

Edited by mmajeski06

Hahaha that's great.

I know, my friends can't believe I got a twitter page and really don't understand what I mean when I say I could not follow hockey news without it.

I got a Favre Jets jersey :argh:

And a Kellen Clemens Jets jersey :argh: (Luckily that was $25 at Marshalls)

Needless to say, I know no longer get QB jerseys.

my dad is a jets fan and he has this tendency to buy me jets merchandise when i am a giants fan hahaha. i think the only jets jersey i own that will never go bad is my wayne chrebet jersey :cheers:

It must have been Puddy who would cite Godwin. Yup.

Careful about Nazi comments, Puddy might whip out his 'Godwin Law'.- Derek21

Where is Puddy with his 'Godwin's Law'? - TK

Anyhow, I'm still around, lurking for news and such. But posting mostly on the Flames board which is actually moderated so that political discussions don't devolve into "You're a dodo-head";"Yeah, well you're a poopypants!".

And, wow, Triumph has been around for quite some time and has a good memory. I dropped the last name off my username in 2005. :)

Edited by Don

Yeah well I tried friending some poor not you Don Whiting in Ottawa on Facebook last year so.... :giggle:

Also I can't beleive I remembered it was puddy! But good call by rowdy on the nutty Hershy kid. I really liked him but then he'd go INSANE! So funny how message boards are! And guys who write on them! :lol:

08:35 AM ET 08.12 | A report out of New York opens with a great line from John McMullen that offers a glimpse into payroll philosophy: "You don't want 50-goal scorers. Then you have to pay them." The update is you have a huge cap hit. It was a nice try, elegant even, and the Devils' attempt to keep Ilya Kovalchuk's cap hit manageable should have succeeded. Now that the arbitrator upheld the NHL's rejection of the contract, the extra cap space it's going to cost makes it even more likely that New Jersey will have to choose between Kovalchuk and Zach Parise in its long-term plans, and make that choice now. It was going to be a tough go anyway, now it's that much harder.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/214150?eref=twitter_feed