The Devils have re-signed...... Tedenby!

SterioDesign

Per Reneau Lavoie

Mattias Tedenby signed a one year contract with Devils. $600 000. One way.

the one way is quite interesting here... would they suddenly trust him to be part of the big club or Lou is preparing a move with him involved?

Edited by SterioDesign

Per Reneau Lavoie

Mattias Tedenby signed a one year contract with Devils. $600 000. One way.

the one way is quite interesting here... would they suddenly trust him to be part of the big club or Lou is preparing a move with him involved?

If he stinks up the joint and they put him on waivers...I don't know if it's likely he'll be claimed. Even if he is, he isn't much of a loss because he has no value in that case.

honestly i like Teddy, he may not be the strongest but he was always giving a hard time for the other team to catch and he was often getting the other team to take penalties on him. At time he looked like a buttered guy running away from cops lol

Phew! Love the kid, and I still have faith in him if he can bulk up a little this summer.

And also, my team Sweden juniors Tedenby jersey still has purpose :)

At least one of us has faith in him.

I still think he is completely useless as a player and as trade value.

First off, Lou likes to pile up the minor RFA signings and announce them all at once.  Most years, Loktionov, Josefson, Tedenby, Sislo, Pesonen, etc. would all be 'signed' on the same day.

Tedenby on a one-way is tremendously confusing.  Granted, his QO would've been $962,000 with some much lower amount on a two-way contract, but my guess is either that Tedenby said he was going to Russia/Sweden if he didn't get a one-way, or that NJ figures he's learned enough in the minors and that he can play here as a 13th forward, and that this will save them money.  Either way, doesn't make much sense.

Are people confused about how one way contracts work. One way means he gets paid the same in the majors and minors not how freely he can move between or if he has to be on the NHL roster

I'll probably get this wrong, but I believe one-way contracts require players to clear waivers when being sent down from the NHL and AHL.  They may also require a player to clear waivers coming back up..I don't know.  I'm sure someone here will be able to answer this.

Two-way contracts definitely don't require either.

I'll probably get this wrong, but I believe one-way contracts require players to clear waivers when being sent down from the NHL and AHL.  They may also require a player to clear waivers coming back up..I don't know.  I'm sure someone here will be able to answer this.

Two-way contracts definitely don't require either.

He just said the opposite, and he's right.  One-way contracts have nothing to do with waivers.  All they have to do with is what a player gets paid in the minors versus the NHL.  Tedenby is eligible for waivers but not because of his one-way contract.

roomtemp:  The Devils have typically not put anyone on a one-way contract in the minors.  The last time I can think of it happening was Richard Matvichuk, besides very brief stints for Brian Rolston and Eric Boulton.  That's why I'd be surprised if the Devils sent him down after signing him to this deal.

assuming he doesn't make the team out of camp, could the devils let him go back to sweden rather than going down to albany?

Yes, but I think he'd have to pass through waivers first.  It'd be quite an unusual move.  I think Tedenby represents a buffer between people like Matteau and Boucher getting NHL ice time next year - Tedenby may only be replacement level, but they don't figure to be great either.

Edited by Triumph

i surely hope the fvck not its not a security cause its looking bad for clarkson and elias

Yer a glass is half-empty kinda fella ain't ya?

Nope, more like the glass has fallen on the floor and shattered into a million pieces type. 

I don't know that one necessarily has anything to do with the other. 

• Like 1

Yer a glass is half-empty kinda fella ain't ya?

Nope, more like the glass has fallen on the floor and shattered into a million pieces type. 

I don't know that one necessarily has anything to do with the other. 

I don't think so either. But rational thought has never gotten in the way of panic button mashing before.