Trade Rumors and minor team trades.

SS-SS

Subban, but they're not going to trade him.

If we trade Zach, I dont think it will be to an Eastern Conference team.

Very true. Who else could we possibly offer for a top 6 forward and a D man from one of the eastern conference teams mentioned? Also I hear Subban is a cancer in the locker room. Jamie 2.0? Maybe I heard wrong. :noclue:

Edited by NJDevils1214

Very true. Who else could we possibly offer for a top 6 forward and a D man from one of the eastern conference teams mentioned? Also I hear Subban is a cancer in the locker room. Jamie 2.0? Maybe I heard wrong. :noclue:

I dunno. Draft picks? Tedenby? Prospects? I have no idea. I cant imagine Lou shipping Zach off to any of those teams except Anaheim. Anaheim is believable for Zach, but I doubt he'd consider re-signing there as they're worse off than we are + Getzlaf/Ryan are locked up for years. Maybe they're looking at two deals. I could see a prospects/draft pick package for one of the two things the rumor says we want.

As for Subban, never thought of him outside of watching him play, so no idea on what he's about off the ice.

Oh great! And here comes Triumph to harsh our buzz with reality.

He said the same thing when the Kovy rumors started. Hes mostly right, but no one knows until the deadline passes. Its harder to gauge this time around with all the rumors about financial hardship/Zach's FA etc.

Devils should not be making any significant additions that cost top prospects or picks. We're not a contender this year. Our goaltending situation is not of consistency or quality and our defense is, well, what it is.

As of today and moving forward, the sole focus should be Lou and ownership finding the course for the Parise situation. They need to find his intent on contract numbers and re-signing here. If he's intent on testing FA, he's gone. And if Lou loses another player without getting anything, I'll flip my lid.

This is a distinctly different situation than what the Devils dealt with back during the Gomez, Holik, Niedermayer, Rafalski situations.

Carrying Parise into the spring knowing your'e going to lose him by his choice, or even worse you know you may not be able to pay him regardless, just so you can battle for a 7 or 8 seed (if we're lucky) is such a bad approach and short-handed (no pun intended) way of dealing with the franchise.

Getting a million now into ownership coffers for a game or two in the 1st round, where we'd be lucky to squeak out a win against the Bruins or Rangers/Flyers, would be moot when the team is worse without Parise and no assets to fill in and re-tool the roster in his absence.

Devils should not be making any significant additions that cost top prospects or picks. We're not a contender this year. Our goaltending situation is not of consistency or quality and our defense is, well, what it is.

As of today and moving forward, the sole focus should be Lou and ownership finding the course for the Parise situation. They need to find his intent on contract numbers and re-signing here. If he's intent on testing FA, he's gone. And if Lou loses another player without getting anything, I'll flip my lid.

This is a distinctly different situation than what the Devils dealt with back during the Gomez, Holik, Niedermayer, Rafalski situations.

Carrying Parise into the spring knowing your'e going to lose him by his choice, or even worse you know you may not be able to pay him regardless, just so you can battle for a 7 or 8 seed (if we're lucky) is such a bad approach and short-handed (no pun intended) way of dealing with the franchise.

Getting a million now into ownership coffers for a game or two in the 1st round, where we'd be lucky to squeak out a win against the Bruins or Rangers/Flyers, would be moot when the team is worse without Parise and no assets to fill in and re-tool the roster in his absence.

Undrstodd, but standing around doing nothing while the ship sinks might be the springboard for parise to leave. He does want to be with a club that will make a serious attempt at a run.

Undrstodd, but standing around doing nothing while the ship sinks might be the springboard for parise to leave. He does want to be with a club that will make a serious attempt at a run.

That would be the worst thing to do. Even worse than the Kovy escapade.

I would think he wants to be with a team that is capable of making a run and has a stable situation with a clear direction and philosophy and be a sustainable contender. Trading away the limited pool of assets the Devils have (and absolutely need in the coming years) for a mid 30s defensemen or some overvalued forward who is redundant.

With the injuries piling up, it's becoming clearer and clearer what should be done. What is done in the end, is a wait and see.

Lou's been awful since the lockout and his approach is very much yesteryear to how things are done, so I expect the wrong move to be made.

Lou's been awful since the lockout and his approach is very much yesteryear to how things are done, so I expect the wrong move to be made.

It's not. If you make the playoffs, you're in - you can do anything. There's no telling what could happen once this team - any team - gets into the tournament.

It's not. If you make the playoffs, you're in - you can do anything. There's no telling what could happen once this team - any team - gets into the tournament.

True...once the team is in the playoffs it can be an 8th seed team and still win the cup..

I don't think anyone can truly evaluate this team to a fair degree, considering they haven't played with a fully healthy squad all year. And while it's extremely doubtful the goal tending is good enough to make a serious run, it's always possible someone could get hot (i.e. dwayne roloson)...doubtful but possible. Of course they have to get in first, and we might not know until the last days of the regular season whether they're in or out.

Regarding Parise...I think they have to entertain offers come March; it would be stupid not to...but then again, there's only a small chance something materializes.

I don't think anyone can truly evaluate this team to a fair degree, considering they haven't played with a fully healthy squad all year. And while it's extremely doubtful the goal tending is good enough to make a serious run, it's always possible someone could get hot (i.e. dwayne roloson)...doubtful but possible. Of course they have to get in first, and we might not know until the last days of the regular season whether they're in or out.

Regarding Parise...I think they have to entertain offers come March; it would be stupid not to...but then again, there's only a small chance something materializes.

the trade deadline is Feb 27th, so they have a month to entertain offers and then thats it

he called Schotty being gone 3 weeks before it was official... he's a hell of a lot more reliable than most.

He's not reliable. He's hit-an-miss. I can't speak for his other sports-connections.

He's been wrong a number of times this past summer and last.

He had JBou going to NJ as a definite over the summer alone.

He also had a Weber for Parise happening after the contract was signed.

Sure - maybe he posts what he hears like Ecklund - but I put about as much weight in what he says as what folks say here on NJDEVS

He had the Schottenheimer move long before the season ended along with the stuff from other players about Sanchez being too comfortable, to his credit. That all became main stream after the season and he mentioned it with a few weeks to go in the season.

I know he's not always right, but he's also pretty good at pointing out if it's just a rumor or if he has confirmation.

Mehta had that and was holding the story for weeks. I'm giving bob NOTHING THERE,

Mehta had that and was holding the story for weeks. I'm giving bob NOTHING THERE,

Sooo.. they both had the same information, but you're giving nothing to one? It seems if he had the info, he must've got it from somewhere.

I mean I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he was the first to mention that.

Sooo.. they both had the same information, but you're giving nothing to one? It seems if he had the info, he must've got it from somewhere.

I mean I'm not really a fan of the guy, but he was the first to mention that.

There's no consequences to someone like Bob breaking a story based on inside information since he's not a journalist and no one believes him. I don't think breaking that news would be at all difficult. Plus it seems like the Jets' organization had all sorts of leaks.

Point is, he's one of these guys who purports to have inside info but in most cases he doesn't. Didn't he also have the NHLPA winning the Kovalchuk circumvention?