STH Autograph Day

Bonginator11

I really don't know how you can state the bolded with a straight face.  I really don't.  Looking through the posts of the last 2 days on the other thread and on here, other posters who have gripes with our fans are saying pretty much exactly what I have been saying and using the same examples I have.  They are saying the YS chant is dumb and embarrassing, a point that in the amount of posts I have made about this subject over the past year alone I could fill an entire book.  They have other complaints, very similar or exactly the same points I have been making for some time now, but yet I get singled out.  Yeah I will play the single me out game as in your post here you even state you have no problems with other posters yet you have problems with me.  What have I been saying that is so different than what the other posters have been saying in the other thread?  You can't, it's just that I guess I just rub you the wrong way about this subject yet you need to constantly chime in and tell me that.

Also love the hyperbole part.  What other fanbase has their own fans at two fan events in the same year trash the players to their faces?  What other fanbase boos their own goal because they are crying and upset about the old goal song taken away?  What other fan base boos during a ceremony for a particular player being honored for a huge accomplishment because they don't like the owners presenting said award?  What other fanbase creates enough issues with the visiting teams that the owners have to shell out extra $ to put up a fence to separate fans at the order of the NHL?  What other fanbase cries so much about ticket prices when ticket prices are still in the bottom 1/3 (maybe even in the bottom 1/5) of the league after the recent price hike (a good chunk of that is the new tax)?  What other fanbase (outside of maybe Montreal) has a sizeable chunk of their fanbase continue to hate their current goaltender who is playing amazingly all because of some delusional perception that he "stole" the legendary, but clearly finished former franchise goalie?  And what other fanbase could hate the owners for buying up the franchise and making them financially secure for years to come and not change anything about the on-ice operations when the franchise was pretty close to being bought up by someone like Barroway, who has made it pretty clear he wants to move the team he just bought?

It's not hyperbole it is the truth.

1st bold: Not true at all. I think what others say is just what they observe. They don't blow it up into more than it is, and they don't condemn our fanbase at every turn. By the way, it is not surprising the you overwhelmingly have the most posts in the 'I am really beginning to hate our fans' thread. You love this sh!t. You want the fans to be bad.

When this thread wasn't criticizing the fans at all, in you came in with:

"Apparently I am hearing from many people who went to the event that a fan took out his phone when he got up to Zajac and showed him a picture of money being flushed down the toilet and told him that's what he thinks of him.  Zajac then asked security to kick the guy out and the guy has been bragging about it on FB all morning."

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel this next year and fence in the devils side of the parking lot along with turrets at this point with what ahs been going on lately.

Here's DR33 in response: 

What a fvcking loser. I mean, reconsider your entire life if you are going to do that. The simplest thing would be to take away his seasons tickets and ban him from the arena moving forward. Just wow...

That's exactly right, that guy is a loser. Nothing more made of it good post. DR33 made another post analyzing Zajac's worth. Worthy point.

You again:

"That coupled with the Devils having to put up the Berlin Wall around the visitors entrance proves this is more than a couple of people are acting like this."

Hyperbole, simply to make Devs fans look bad. 

SatansHockey:

"A few people booed Bryce, 1 person against a leaf and 1 guy against travis. All of these people are morons but come on let's not lump our whole fan base because of less than a handful of people."

A good a fair post. Addresses both sides. No exaggeration.

Zubie#8

That's terrible. Travis is one of my favorite players and he was by far the nicest one at the event yesterday.

A fine post, and true. Of course, this is all just in response to what you started for no reason.

Now let's go to the "I hate the fans thread" in which you have 15 more posts than anyone else:

Here's Martyisth3b3st:

I hate everything about the morons you're referring to, but you're sweeping up a lot of unnecessary casualties with your generalization. That's all I mean.

Very fair.

Sterio goes on to insult Lou  :lol:  :lol:  Of course:

I also hate fans wearing blinders who cant admit Lou fvcked up and put all the blame on the owner to protect Lou. Its the owner who drafted all those bums and built the slowest oldest team in the league? There you want to single me out. Right back at ya.

No relevance here, just funny.

CR76 makes one of the best posts about the fans in all the threads (I suggest going to the thread and rereading of the whole thing):

HOI, on one hand I definitely understand where you're coming from, and in a season like this, where it appears the Devils are finally out of smoke and mirrors, frustration is going to manifest itself in a lot of different ways, depending on the fan.  I understand the need to vent about that.

[...]

In the end, we're all in this together...we all root for the red and black.  Going to be ugly for a while, and that ugliness is going to bring out the worst in the uglier subdivisions of the fanbase.  Basically, we're going to have to deal with general ugliness on and off the ice.  Strap in.

The rest of both threads, and I would say in the majority of both, people are generally positive about the fans and see these events as the actions of a few, but at the very least, just about no one but you and one other poster (who hasn't really posted much at all about this) displays a deep-seeded anger towards the fans, and blow up every little thing a fan does wrong into a condemnation of the whole fanbase.

Here is you in that thread:

"It's now beyond comments on random, obscure or popular message boards/websites. You are hearing this nonsense now all over the arena from the people sitting to the left, right, behind you and in front of you.

Hell we have posters here (they know who they are) who are spewing the same crap as those people as well."

And you very fittingly end with:

"I can go on forever about this (and I have over the years here) [...]"

The second bolded part of your post says it all. It is sad just how badly you are vilifying our fans with extreme exaggeration. But NO, you are right, and I don't think you should have to deal with this. I honestly don't think being a Devils fan is for you. You would have a much better time rooting for the "classy" fans as you say, in Minnesota and Detroit.

Edited by Neb00rs

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I just want to re-post this so everyone can see just how ridiculous you are being:

"Also love the hyperbole part.  What other fanbase has their own fans at two fan events in the same year trash the players to their faces?  What other fanbase boos their own goal because they are crying and upset about the old goal song taken away?  What other fan base boos during a ceremony for a particular player being honored for a huge accomplishment because they don't like the owners presenting said award?  What other fanbase creates enough issues with the visiting teams that the owners have to shell out extra $ to put up a fence to separate fans at the order of the NHL?  What other fanbase cries so much about ticket prices when ticket prices are still in the bottom 1/3 (maybe even in the bottom 1/5) of the league after the recent price hike (a good chunk of that is the new tax)?  What other fanbase (outside of maybe Montreal) has a sizeable chunk of their fanbase continue to hate their current goaltender who is playing amazingly all because of some delusional perception that he "stole" the legendary, but clearly finished former franchise goalie?  And what other fanbase could hate the owners for buying up the franchise and making them financially secure for years to come and not change anything about the on-ice operations when the franchise was pretty close to being bought up by someone like Barroway, who has made it pretty clear he wants to move the team he just bought?"

I had the incredible pleasure of meeting Travis last year before the lightning game in Tampa. He was walking by himself to the game (the hotel in Tampa is a 5 minute walk from the arena). My girlfriend and I saw that he was listening to music and eating so we didn't want to bother him, we just waved and smiled. He stopped, took out his headphones, apologized for having food in his mouth, and then talked to us for 3 minutes. We each got a photo with him, he signed our jerseys, and told us to enjoy the game. He's one of the most likeable players on the team. If I was near that guy at the event I would have started swinging.

Yeah I've never met Zajac, but I've heard nothing but great things about how nice he is to the fans. The guy who did that should have his tickets confiscated. Period. What an a$$hole.

1st bold: Not true at all. I think what others say is just what they observe. They don't blow it up into more than it is, and they don't condemn our fanbase at every turn. By the way, it is not surprising the you overwhelmingly have the most posts in the 'I am really beginning to hate our fans' thread. You love this sh!t. You want the fans to be bad.

When this thread wasn't criticizing the fans at all, in you came in with:

Here's DR33 in response: 

That's exactly right, that guy is a loser. Nothing more made of it good post. DR33 made another post analyzing Zajac's worth. Worthy point.

You again:

Hyperbole, simply to make Devs fans look bad. 

SatansHockey:

A good a fair post. Addresses both sides. No exaggeration.

Zubie#8

A fine post, and true. Of course, this is all just in response to what you started for no reason.

Now let's go to the "I hate the fans thread" in which you have 15 more posts than anyone else:

Here's Martyisth3b3st:

Very fair.

Sterio goes on to insult Lou  :lol:  :lol:  Of course:

No relevance here, just funny.

CR76 makes one of the best posts about the fans in all the threads (I suggest going to the thread and rereading of the whole thing):

The rest of both threads, and I would say in the majority of both, people are generally positive about the fans and see these events as the actions of a few, but at the very least, just about no one but you and one other poster (who hasn't really posted much at all about this) displays a deep-seeded anger towards the fans, and blow up every little thing a fan does wrong into a condemnation of the whole fanbase.

Here is you in that thread:

"It's now beyond comments on random, obscure or popular message boards/websites. You are hearing this nonsense now all over the arena from the people sitting to the left, right, behind you and in front of you.

Hell we have posters here (they know who they are) who are spewing the same crap as those people as well."

And you very fittingly end with:

"I can go on forever about this (and I have over the years here) [...]"

The second bolded part of your post says it all. It is sad just how badly you are vilifying our fans with extreme exaggeration. But NO, you are right, and I don't think you should have to deal with this. I honestly don't think being a Devils fan is for you. You would have a much better time rooting for the "classy" fans as you say, in Minnesota and Detroit.

Way to cherry pick. Good lord.  You had zip to say until I mentioned the fence on the outside and then you went nuts because I dare criticize the fanbase.  Hell my initial post in this thread was about what I heard and read, and you STILL got your panties in a bunch because "its all hearsay."  So according to you I am not allowed to see and hear, but others can.  Got you and I will keep that in mind.

Also way to COMPLETE SKIP OVER jag's post that was  REPLY TO YOU:

Neb00rs, on 20 Feb 2015 - 4:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Yes, cancel the even next yeart, because one Devils fan is a mentally ill jackass.

Unfortunately that has become a sizable sample size. Back to back events fans think its hilarious to be d-bags.

Yet you STILL single me out. And way to tone down it to me  "and one other poster (who hasn't really posted much at all about this) displays a deep-seeded anger towards the fans, and blow up every little thing a fan does wrong into a condemnation of the whole fanbase."  By my count there are a lot more than just us 2 from what I see between this thread and the other thread.

I am glad I didn't even start the "I am really beginning to hate our fans thread."  I actually purposefully stayed away from that thread for a number of days and had only a whopping 3 replies (one you quoted here and taken completely out of context btw and the other 2 just agreeing with other posters) in the first 5 pages until I mentioned the Salvador issue on the 6th page and then you lost it on me and then my post count went up replying to you.  Yeah kept away for 3 weeks with only 3 posts and out of all those, you decided to single me out with my 4th reply on that thread (105th overall).  Yeah I certainly was the pot-stirrer on that before you jumped in.

God only knows how you would have replied if I started that thread, but I think I have an idea

Edited by DevsMan84

Way to cherry pick. Good lord.  You had zip to say until I mentioned the fence on the outside and then you went nuts because I dare criticize the fanbase.  Hell my initial post in this thread was about what I heard and read, and you STILL got your panties in a bunch because "its all hearsay."  So according to you I am not allowed to see and hear, but others can.  Got you and I will keep that in mind.

Also way to COMPLETE SKIP OVER jag's post that was  REPLY TO YOU:

Neb00rs, on 20 Feb 2015 - 4:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Unfortunately that has become a sizable sample size. Back to back events fans think its hilarious to be d-bags.

Yet you STILL single me out. And way to tone down it to me  "and one other poster (who hasn't really posted much at all about this) displays a deep-seeded anger towards the fans, and blow up every little thing a fan does wrong into a condemnation of the whole fanbase."  By my count there are a lot more than just us 2 from what I see between this thread and the other thread.

I am glad I didn't even start the "I am really beginning to hate our fans thread."  I actually purposefully stayed away from that thread for a number of days and had only a whopping 3 replies (one you quoted here and taken completely out of context btw and the other 2 just agreeing with other posters) in the first 5 pages until I mentioned the Salvador issue on the 6th page and then you lost it on me and then my post count went up replying to you.  Yeah kept away for 3 weeks with only 3 posts and out of all those, you decided to single me out with my 4th reply on that thread (105th overall).  Yeah I certainly was the pot-stirrer on that before you jumped in.

God only knows how you would have replied if I started that thread, but I think I have an idea

DUDDDEEEE "cherry pick" are you fvckING kidding me? I purposely didn't include ANY of the 10,000,000 posts that disagreed with you and with HOI. When did I say you can't "see and hear." It's like you don't even want to respond to what I actually said, you will just go on and respond with whatever you want. I clearly explained that it is because you WAAYYYY over exaggerate the depravity of the fanbase and you were the first one in this thread to make it negative.

And are you kidding me with this spin: "My post count went up because I replied to you." Lol you have 40, check that, 40! posts in the thread to my 13. You are just being plain dishonest.

With the "I didn't start the thread" nonsense, you are just being plain ridiculous and are not making any sense. I went after HOI before you even posted in the thread.

Nonetheless, you have avoided addressing the clear context I set out in my last post and you had to be dishonest to do it.

And cut the 'single me out' sh!t. Stop being a baby. This is a discussion board, I am allowed to take issue with your opinion, whenever and how many times I want. I have also clearly demonstrated why I take issue with your posts over others. Though you will continue to ignore that and post straw man BS.

I am going to copy this down and bring it out whenever need. Because you defined yourself on this issue with one of the most ridiculous things I have EVER read on this board:

YOUR WORDS:

"Also love the hyperbole part.  What other fanbase has their own fans at two fan events in the same year trash the players to their faces?  What other fanbase boos their own goal because they are crying and upset about the old goal song taken away?  What other fan base boos during a ceremony for a particular player being honored for a huge accomplishment because they don't like the owners presenting said award?  What other fanbase creates enough issues with the visiting teams that the owners have to shell out extra $ to put up a fence to separate fans at the order of the NHL?  What other fanbase cries so much about ticket prices when ticket prices are still in the bottom 1/3 (maybe even in the bottom 1/5) of the league after the recent price hike (a good chunk of that is the new tax)?  What other fanbase (outside of maybe Montreal) has a sizeable chunk of their fanbase continue to hate their current goaltender who is playing amazingly all because of some delusional perception that he "stole" the legendary, but clearly finished former franchise goalie?  And what other fanbase could hate the owners for buying up the franchise and making them financially secure for years to come and not change anything about the on-ice operations when the franchise was pretty close to being bought up by someone like Barroway, who has made it pretty clear he wants to move the team he just bought?"

Edited by Neb00rs

Edit: alright im tired and this thread and the other thread has ran its course. I have no desire to post anymore in either thread.

Agree to disagree? Is that cool? I really have no desire to continue this and I am pretty sure the rest of the forum is tired of seeing this.

Edited by DevsMan84

Edit: alright im tired and this thread and the other thread has ran its course. I have no desire to post anymore in either thread.

Agree to disagree? Is that cool? I really have no desire to continue this and I am pretty sure the rest of the forum is tired of seeing this.

Okay, it's clearly not really my goal to have you not post in the threads, but fine. I can't say we won't argue over this in the future. I am sincere. However, you know where I stand on your posts in general: high quality.

Okay, it's clearly not really my goal to have you not post in the threads, but fine. I can't say we won't argue over this in the future. I am sincere. However, you know where I stand on your posts in general: high quality.

Thank you and when we are not attacking each other I think you have good posts as well.