DeBoer on the Powerplay

Daniel

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

DeBoer on PP: “This is a shooting power play. It’s more about generating shots than clean looks at the net.”

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

DeBoer says PP has "significantly different philosophy" under Matt Shaw than Adam Oates. Said follows the Detroit philosophy.

I've never been a huge fan of the "just shoot it" philosophy. I've always believed that movement without the puck is the key.

Will be interesting to see how it works out.

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

DeBoer on PP: “This is a shooting power play. It’s more about generating shots than clean looks at the net.”

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice

DeBoer says PP has "significantly different philosophy" under Matt Shaw than Adam Oates. Said follows the Detroit philosophy.

OMG I could not be happier.. Been saying we need this style for years.. Look at the Flyers effective PP.. 2 or 3 good passes, a shot, then crash for rebounds during the craziness

No more passing up great chances for the hope of a better one

Edited by Colin226

The Devils should look at the PP the Flyers used when Carter and Richards were there. They rotated off the right side goal line, very difficult to defend. This should be where Kovy is used. I can only see to an increase in shorties if the personnel stay in the same positions as before, i.e. picked off cross passes and blocked shots, etc.

OMG I could not be happier.. Been saying we need this style for years.. Look at the Flyers effective PP.. 2 or 3 good passes, a shot, then crash for rebounds during the craziness

No more passing up great chances for the hope of a better one

thats exactly what Vancouver is doing too, on RDS they asked the coach what was their secret on the PP, he said "Well de just do 2-3 passes then boom we take shots and go for rebound.

It's true its creating panik and confusion for the other team, we use to just wait for the perfect pass but it's so easy to read for the other team, if they keep their formation they'll just be in good position to block all the shots, if you can get possession after a rebound or something then the other team is mostly all fvcked and all over the place.

That PP goals was insane!

(also... it was Parise-less)

Edited by SterioDesign