Devils trade #9 pick in 2013 Draft to Vancouver for Cory Schneider

'7'

Posts like this are so fvcking stupid. When and if he proves what a fantastic addition he is to the team, we will re-sign him. Was it stupid of Edmonton to offer a first, second, and prospect? This is a very, very good trade. It addresses a NEED, and it's the swap of a "could-be" prospect with an established, young NHL goaltender in his prime.

well we don't know that. Not saying its gonna happen but we may very well be a week before free agency and Schneider will have not seen any offers yet. And folks here will say things like "if he want to test the market he totally deserved the right to do so and it may be his only chance to see big money and bla bla bla and if he want crazy money we're not gonna overpay him for sure!" etc etc etc.

well we don't know that. Not saying its gonna happen but we may very well be a week before free agency and Schneider will have not seen any offers yet. And folks here will say things like "if he want to test the market he totally deserved the right to do so and it may be his only chance to see big money and bla bla bla and if he want crazy money we're not gonna overpay him for sure!" etc etc etc.

do you ever give it a rest?  i don't want to have to ignore you.

• Like 1

It's still hitting me that Schneider is a devil. Such an unbelievable trade. This was absolute robbery. Lou has done it again.

Now between this years free agency and next years I believe we'll grab a scorer. If clarky leaves and we sign a horton type, and we can sign patty, we are in fantastic shape

And not to mention we can entertain some trades with our D

It's a valid thing to worry about, how is it stupid? Because we retain our UFA talent so well in the past? Parise, gionta, rafalski, holik, gomez....And then you say that people are "fvcking stupid" for thinking that. Go sit in a corner somewhere will you.

There's a difference between being worried about it and being absolutely convinced that it's a foregone conclusion.

• Like 1

The horse is dead. But beat it a little longer.

If we drafted the next Crosby you'd be saying "Man I'm worried about 10 years from now when he's a UFA. I bet Lou will let him walk. Everyone always walks from the Devils. Because Lou sucks. I hate Lou." Seriously, give it a rest. He hasn't even played a game for NJ yet and you're already worried about him leaving in two years? Try being happy for once. This was a great trade for NJ.

If we drafted the next Crosby you'd be saying "Man I'm worried about 10 years from now when he's a UFA. I bet Lou will let him walk. Everyone always walks from the Devils. Because Lou sucks. I hate Lou." Seriously, give it a rest. He hasn't even played a game for NJ yet and you're already worried about him leaving in two years? Try being happy for once. This was a great trade for NJ.

He's entitled to his opinion although it might be a minority one. On both sides of the coin: Nichuskin could tank or be a performer, Schneider could rise to the occasion and fill in in nicely or totally sh!t the bed. As a matter of fact Schneider didn't exactly light it up this past season. He put up some horrible performances when Luongo was benched.

hahaha hey wait a min. this time it wasnt even towards Lou or that whole thing.

All i said is that EVEN if it would happen some of you guys would make up excuses for him and say that its all good and no big deal and convince yourself that its better that way. And i truly believe that.

and for the record im fvcking pumped about that trade Lou did great.

Edited by SterioDesign

Anyone hating on this trade just doesn't get it. This trade helps us immediately. This puts us right back into the talk of a playoff spot, immediately. We draft whomever, Nichushkin (who I wanted), Domi, or Horvat, there's absolutely no guarantee they even make the team much less of a chance they're lighting the league on fire. Schneider improves our W/L immediately. It'd be a much less chance of that happening with Marty and Moose leading the way.

We stole Cory Schneider away from the Canucks. 

Anyone hating on this trade just doesn't get it. This trade helps us immediately. This puts us right back into the talk of a playoff spot, immediately. We draft whomever, Nichushkin (who I wanted), Domi, or Horvat, there's absolutely no guarantee they even make the team much less of a chance they're lighting the league on fire. Schneider improves our W/L immediately. It'd be a much less chance of that happening with Marty and Moose leading the way.

We stole Cory Schneider away from the Canucks. 

i dont have too many Vancouver fans on my facebook but the few i had were freaking out lol they are all jumping off bridges now

I was in chat with Sterio when the trade came down. He didn't say anything negative about it.

of course not im fvcking pumped lol never said it was a bad trade or anything. those guys are freaking out

Edited by SterioDesign

He's entitled to his opinion although it might be a minority one. On both sides of the coin: Nichuskin could tank or be a performer, Schneider could rise to the occasion and fill in in nicely or totally sh!t the bed. As a matter of fact Schneider didn't exactly light it up this past season. He put up some horrible performances when Luongo was benched.

17-9-4 .927

vs

18-13-4 .902

Who's the better goaltender?

You know what I like?  It's a brass balls move with some serious attitude. I love a guy who says status quo and slaps this on the league. This is why I have trust in Lou - if he can pull off a splashy move that makes good sense he DOES. How can you question him? 

17-9-4 .927

vs

18-13-4 .902

There's a reason Schneider sent the 2010 Canadian Olympic goalie to the bench. He's easily one of the best 10 goalies in the league IMO

17-9-4 .927

vs

18-13-4 .902

Like I said before in this thread I'm pretty ambivalent about this trade. I liked Schneider before last season and was hoping he would have been on the Devils' radar before the extension, but anything can happen was what my point was.

There's a reason Schneider sent the 2010 Canadian Olympic goalie to the bench. He's easily one of the best 10 goalies in the league IMO

its been posted already but "Schneider, 27, has a save percentage of .931 over the last three seasons, best among goaltenders with at least 75 games, 4th goalie in the league last season on SV%"

that is really. really good. like everyone here i wanted the shiny toy and get a scoring forward but getting a solid top goalie for one pick is clearly a good move. No matter what Bo harvat or whoever we could have picked turn out. We needed a goalie next season and would have had to take a huge risk signing a so-so goalie or overpay for a good one.

Deboer not giving a start to Kinkaid last season even though Moose was obviously beyond horrible speaks volume a little on how they trust our youngsters at this moment.

Edited by SterioDesign

Theres a reason why the majority of Vancouver fans are losing their minds over this trade. Its hilarious reading. Search any negative word i.e. stupid and Canucks in Twitter or Facebook and the amount of hate towards this deal from their fans is amazing. Other good search terms: "fvck Gillis" etc. 

Edited by ghdi

Guess I'm coming around to the trade. I was really bummed about passing on someone with number 1 pick type talent. But a lot of people who know more than I do did the same thing.

And I guess Lou knows that Schneider needs to be here long term and won't dilly dally when the time comes.

If we're getting someone that's better than Kunqvist it'll feel even better.

Also glad Lou is open about needing to get more scoring via free agency, whether he follows through is another issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back from the draft and watching the replay now. So awesome hearing Dreger say that a bunch of teams were shocked that the Devils got Cory for so little. Edmontons offer apparently blew the Devils offer out of the water but Vancouver didnt want to send Cory to another Western team. Was also funny hearing the TSN commentators call the trade a "heist."