NFL Week 5!!

CRASHER

That miss on the bomb to Cromartie ticked me off even more than the pick...ugh, Sanchez. Cro had like five steps on the defender, hell he even made a great catch on the sideline after Sanchez led him there.

They're not losing three straight home games without Tebow coming in at some point. Wouldn't shock me if he led off the half. Woody's pulling an Al Davis and is on the phone now, he doesn't want the fans to be leaving at halftime.

Edited by NJDevs4978

So, now the Texans lose their second most important defensive player for the season in Brian Cushing on a questionable and DANGEROUS low block on Monday Night....and there's not even a HEARING about the incident and the play....(this is not an anti-Jets thing, this is me calling out the "NFL Player Safety mantra" as the fraud that it is since it only protects QBs RBs and WRs....and not the real dangers of the sport).....even Clay Matthews spoke up about this and I don't blame him:

...@ClayMatthews52: Where is the NFL's protection on blocks below the waist like that on Cushing. Double standard!....If the NFL really wants to increase player safety, start protecting players on BOTH sides of the ball.

Meh, it's only because the Jets are involved that this hit gets any attention. He was trying to block him in the waist...no dirty intent, pretty much a clean hit. He wasn't diving at the ankles or anything. Or diving at his legs as another player engaged him.

Plus Cushing has taken massive amount of steroids in the past...so his ligaments were probably already weakened.

Edited by '7'

Meh, it's only because the Jets are involved that this hit gets any attention. He was trying to block him in the waist...no dirty intent, pretty much a clean hit. He wasn't diving at the ankles or anything. Or diving at his legs as another player engaged him.

Plus Cushing has taken massive amount of steroids in the past...so his ligaments were probably already weakened.

No....its because the guy is OUT FOR THE YEAR it's getting attention.....if a QB or a "defenseless" WR takes the same hit the player gets BURIED for it....it's a double-standard that's been a CONSTANT in the NFL...the same league that bans blows to the head....but allows the stiff arm....I can go on about this forever....it's a fraudulent system and it needs to be brought to light (as opposed to the replacement refs crap, this is a REAL issue)

I think the real reason he's out for the year was because of the field turf (which is better than Astro but still turf) he wasn't hit in the knee, contact was made way at the waist...but because of the surface his foot didn't "give". It remained planted

I want to know where the suspensions and outrage were for this hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2foXcW9Tp_s and this hit (wasn't even a penalty!)and this hit

nope, none. It happened to the Jets so why should there be an uproar.

First off, was this rule in the books in 2010? I don't think it was (keep in mind I HATE this rule....it's a violent and dangerous game, that's the APPEAL in it, and I think it's humanly impossible to control your body at that high a speed and that quick a reaction...but if you're going to cry "player safety"....at least look at the damn play again

the 2nd hit got flagged, which means it got looked at (and again I HATE the damn rule.....that's playing football)

but if you want to make this a "woe is the Jets" plea....go ahead....it's NOT, if they didn't have this bogus "Player Safety" edict going around....I'd have never mentioned the play at all......