• Nov 12
    • Dec 12
    • Jan 13
    • Feb 13
    • Mar 13
    • Apr 13
    • Oct 13
    • Never

Wow the place they were meeting is on Route 1 in Iselin. I grew up like right there haha. According to where google maps says it is, the building is right across from Woodbridge Center Mall, close to the strip mall with Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I heard that in mediation, the sides normally are in separate rooms, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Wow the place they were meeting is on Route 1 in Iselin. I grew up like right there haha. According to where google maps says it is, the building is right across from Woodbridge Center Mall, close to the strip mall with Best Buy and Toys R Us.

I heard that in mediation, the sides normally are in separate rooms, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

I was at that Best Buy today. Had I known the negotiations were pretty much next door I might have waited for Gary in the parking lot and run him over haha. On second thought, it's for the best that I was unaware.

its ridiculous that at this point both sides are still playing games to get as much as they can, they are not trying to make a deal at all.

both sides simply doesnt want to meet half way

It's near impossible for fans to sense any urgency on their parts, that's for sure.

its ridiculous that at this point both sides are still playing games to get as much as they can, they are not trying to make a deal at all.

both sides simply doesnt want to meet half way

They'd be better off just not talking to each other at all until early January at this point, since everything until then is going to be an utter waste of time and energy anyway. It's patently obvious Fehr is going to take this to the last minute possible, and Bettman for all his posturing negotiates at the last minute too. Even not floating an offical drop-dead date is stupid gamesmanship, everyone knows the deadline for a 48-game season is mid-January regardless.

Edited by NJDevs4978

i was on the players side because to me this lockout is on the owners but the more its going the more i realize the players are muppets right now and Fehr is pulling the strings.

Its absolutely ridiculous that anyone involved (owners and players) are putting their faith in 2 guys who simply doesnt have an ounce of hockey in them. Ridiculous.

Gotta give credits to Hamrlik for saying out loud (and took lots and lots of sh!t for it) what a bunch of guys we're thinking.

i was on the players side because to me this lockout is on the owners but the more its going the more i realize the players are muppets right now and Fehr is pulling the strings.

Its absolutely ridiculous that anyone involved (owners and players) are putting their faith in 2 guys who simply doesnt have an ounce of hockey in them. Ridiculous.

Gotta give credits to Hamrlik for saying out loud (and took lots and lots of sh!t for it) what a bunch of guys we're thinking.

And what's worse is both Bettman and Fehr (adroitly) pretty much have the power to do what they want, Bettman needing seven votes to block a CBA he doesn't like and Fehr I'm sure extracted some ironclad promises and might even get a baloon payment if the players did a deal around him.

Once again I say the problem owners have is with other owners.

Except it's not realistic to expect owners to show restraint in a competitive situation against each other. Just like it's not realistic to always expect players to not take a critical penalty in the heat of the moment during a game. Especially since the owners can't even give off the scent of collusion absent actual written rules against term limits or whatnot. This is the only time they can legally collude with each other to keep costs down :P

Besides, once the players conceded 'any' contract limit they lost whatever high ground they had on that issue. I can understand fighting the contract limit if you feel there shouldn't be one, but eight years versus five-seven years isn't exactly a principled fight. Neither is the rest of the nonsense they're fighting about.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Except it's not realistic to expect owners to show restraint in a competitive situation against each other. Just like it's not realistic to always expect players to not take a critical penalty in the heat of the moment during a game. Especially since the owners can't even give off the scent of collusion absent actual written rules against term limits or whatnot. This is the only time they can legally collude with each other to keep costs down :P

Besides, once the players conceded 'any' contract limit they lost whatever high ground they had on that issue. I can understand fighting the contract limit if you feel there shouldn't be one, but eight years versus five-seven years isn't exactly a principled fight. Neither is the rest of the nonsense they're fighting about.

The PA no doubt thinks there shouldn't be one. But they know there won't be a season if they hold to that - I don't think the league will die on the hill of 5 year contracts, but it will die on the hill of contract limits.

Who cares if Fehr played hockey or if Bettman did? It's about getting a deal, not about what happens on the ice - I've never understood this charge.

Hamrlik took lots of sh!t for it because he has earned $50 million in his career. And he's done so as a result of players holding the line in the 95 and 2004-05 lockouts.

The owners keep saying this is their best offer. They are lying. And Fehr knows that because the last 3 times they said this is their best offer, the offer got better. Fehr knows how to navigate these situations - the players hired him so he could tell them not to take the deal.

Edited by Triumph

The PA no doubt thinks there shouldn't be one. But they know there won't be a season if they hold to that - I don't think the league will die on the hill of 5 year contracts, but it will die on the hill of contract limits.

Who cares if Fehr played hockey or if Bettman did? It's about getting a deal, not about what happens on the ice - I've never understood this charge.

Hamrlik took lots of sh!t for it because he has earned $50 million in his career. And he's done so as a result of players holding the line in the 95 and 2004-05 lockouts.

The owners keep saying this is their best offer. They are lying. And Fehr knows that because the last 3 times they said this is their best offer, the offer got better. Fehr knows how to navigate these situations - the players hired him so he could tell them not to take the deal.

yeah, but does fehr actually know when enough is enough? I mean he could literally just tell them every time the owners budge "you can get a better offer." His job is to get them the best deal, not to get a half season in, which worries me.

yeah, but does fehr actually know when enough is enough? I mean he could literally just tell them every time the owners budge "you can get a better offer." His job is to get them the best deal, not to get a half season in, which worries me.

I think the PA will tell him. It's hard to imagine that the PA hasn't had discussions about what kind of offer they'll accept. When the NHL makes its next move towards the union, I think we'll see a deal. That may require the threat of a canceled season. But I've felt since the beginning that Fehr's best strategy is to threaten the season himself - it's the only card he has.

Edited by Triumph

1/2: @TGfireandice: RT @aaronward_nhl: NHLPA Executive Board voted last night,to give players a vote to AUTHORIZE Exec Board to chose to proceed on Disclaimer of interest#TSN

Now i thought decertification was what everyone was talking about. And i heard mixed things about it saying it would either end the lockout right away or we would lose the entire season cause of it. But what is disclaimer of interest? And what is the process that goes with it? I dont know is this is good or bad

1/2: @TGfireandice: RT @aaronward_nhl: NHLPA Executive Board voted last night,to give players a vote to AUTHORIZE Exec Board to chose to proceed on Disclaimer of interest#TSN

Now i thought decertification was what everyone was talking about. And i heard mixed things about it saying it would either end the lockout right away or we would lose the entire season cause of it. But what is disclaimer of interest? And what is the process that goes with it? I dont know is this is good or bad

Disclaimer of interest is basically the reverse of decertification. It's the union itself saying it no longer represents the players. It's effectively the same as decertification, except you don't have to go through the cumbersome procedures to officially decertify.

https://twitter.com/...706098531962880

https://twitter.com/...706507682136064

https://twitter.com/...x;'>2272</span>

https://twitter.com/...708858153304065

@mirtle

1. NHL has "filed a Class Action Complaint in Federal Court in New York seeking a Declaration confirming the ongoing legality of the lockout."

2. "The NHL also filed an Unfair Labor Practice Charge with the National Labor Relations Board" over talk of a disclaimer of interest.

3. Told that the league has filed in New York as it believes the law will be interpreted in the manner most favorable to the owners there.

4. The players, had they filed first, would have chosen a court in another state (perhaps California) more likely to rule the lockout illegal.

http://www.theglobea...article6390508/

The NHL has struck first in taking its lockout to the courts. Late Friday afternoon, the league announced it had filed a class action lawsuit in federal court in New York “seeking a declaration confirming the ongoing legality of the lockout.” In addition, the NHL filed an unfair labour practice charge with the U.S. National Labor Relations Board alleging that the NHL Players’ Association “has engaged in an unlawful subversion of the collective bargaining process.”

The moves come directly in response to reports on Friday that the NHL Players’ Association was preparing to ask for a vote to give its board the authority to dissolve the union, a manoeuvre that would allow players to take their case to court.

EDIT: Formatting and updating

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.