GDT 10/09/2010 @ Capitals

MDPucks

Ok someone has to put this up on youtube.. WTF happened? Hopefully Leblond removed the other guys face for getting all those penalties. The other guy only got a roughing minor and a game misconduct? wtf...

15:43 NJD Ilya Kovalchuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:43 WSH Mike Green : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 NJD Rod Pelley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 WSH Matt Hendricks : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 WSH Matt Bradley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 NJD David Clarkson : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Roughing - 2 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Instigator - 2 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Slashing - 2 min

Edited by Dead

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does a broken nose take to heal in the NHL? I can't seem to recall the last player to break his nose.

The nose is not a big deal. He can just wear a shield. I'd be more concerned about him having a concussion. That shot hit his face full throttle when most of the time the puck at least gets deflected. I don't think it's a good sign at all that he didn't return tonight.

Welcome to hell.... I remember someone holding up that sign when the Devils played Detroit and won the cup.....now it has a different meaning. Nothing good can be said about this game from the Devil's point of view. Brodeur stunk, they had no defense, Volchenkov has a broken nose and the 100 million $ man doesn't have the common sense to avoid a fight. Lou probably had an artery or two pinch shut watching that nonsense.

Send in the clowns.

Ok someone has to put this up on youtube.. WTF happened? Hopefully Leblond removed the other guys face for getting all those penalties. The other guy only got a roughing minor and a game misconduct? wtf...

15:43 NJD Ilya Kovalchuk : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:43 WSH Mike Green : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 NJD Rod Pelley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:47 WSH Matt Hendricks : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 WSH Matt Bradley : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:49 NJD David Clarkson : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Fighting (maj) - 5 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Roughing - 2 min

15:53 WSH John Carlson : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond served by Alexander Urbom : Instigator - 2 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Game misconduct - 0 min

15:53 NJD Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond : Slashing - 2 min

Leblond went after some young dangler kid. PL3 is really a dumb MF. Add Volchenkov's broken nose and PL3's possible suspension and you have a really interesteing situation come Monday.

Marty should retire and take White and Fraser with him. ASAP.

The PP is just dreadful.

The nose is not a big deal. He can just wear a shield. I'd be more concerned about him having a concussion. That shot hit his face full throttle when most of the time the puck at least gets deflected. I don't think it's a good sign at all that he didn't return tonight.

Can you really get a concussion from such a localized hit to the middle of the front of the face, though? I don't remember ever seeing someone get a concussion this way.

It's not a big deal compared to, say a broken jaw, but if you play hockey you know if you can't breathe out of your nose, you're going to find it difficult to skate and breathe and the amount of oxygen needed to do so.

Also, depending on the break, it could take longer to heal. Guess we'll find out, soon.

Can you really get a concussion from such a localized hit to the middle of the front of the face, though? I don't remember ever seeing someone get a concussion this way.

Yes you can. I could just shake your head (hard enough) and NOT hit you and guess what you could get a nice concussion.

Well I'm no DR. but I wouldn't be shocked. I mean you're talking about a frozen piece of rubber striking your face at 80+ MPH. Volchenkov is a tough s.o.b. I'm sure he would have came back if he were able to.

Leblond went after some young dangler kid. PL3 is really a dumb MF. Add Volchenkov's broken nose and PL3's possible suspension and you have a really interesteing situation come Monday.

Marty should retire and take White and Fraser with him. ASAP.

The PP is just dreadful.

I want to see the video. Seeing the other guy got a misconduct, I am wondering (without seeing it) if the instigator call was OK?

It's not a big deal compared to, say a broken jaw, but if you play hockey you know if you can't breathe out of your nose, you're going to find it difficult to skate and breathe and the amount of oxygen needed to do so.

Also, depending on the break, it could take longer to heal. Guess we'll find out, soon.

Well this is what I'm hoping as well. I've seen players return from broken noses but like you said it depends on the break. I'm just paranoid because it would be just our luck that it's worse then a broken nose.

Eh. Brodeur was horrible, Hedberg too. Our offense outplayed the Caps offense through 2 periods, which is saying a lot. The defense today was better than yesterday. You can't look at the 3rd period today as an indication of anything because by then our guys were already done. If Brodeur is on his game we are going into the 3rd period tied 2-2 at worst.

I want to see the video. Seeing the other guy got a misconduct, I am wondering (without seeing it) if the instigator call was OK?

He chased #90 up the ice after all the previous mayhem. I don't know if he said something to PL3 on the draw, but I find it weird he picked him to go after. He definitely deserved the instigator. PL3 is a dipsh!t. Wrong type of opponent. Wrong time to take an instigator.

pl3 went after some kid who had no intention of fighting. karlson jumped in after. pl3 should have found someone more willing. he'll be suspended.

i don't mind that kovy fought. i like seeing that fire, and he did it against a willing opponent who really wasn't a fighter either. i didn't really have a problem with any of the fights except pl3's.

i know its early, but damn marty really looks like he's struggling. i know our d hasn't been great, but marty needs to step up on some of those goals. he just seems a but slow out there. and i'm not blaming that on back to back games. he just doesn't seem to react quickly, same as yesterdays game.