Urbom recalled.

ghdi

with sal retiring this off season, urbom can be permanent. if we get merrill too we are going to need a solid defender to be the father figure, i can't trust greene or zid to that role. they are mid range.

Salvador isn't retiring.

with sal retiring this off season, urbom can be permanent. if we get merrill too we are going to need a solid defender to be the father figure, i can't trust greene or zid to that role. they are mid range.

A fan could only dream. Look, wishing injury on a player is wrong but given his horrid play my reaction to Sal being out for the rest of the year could only be described as the following:

tumblr_inline_mgcds6qDa31rppkks.gif

(Which would be the same majority reaction if A-Train was bought out)

Edited by TheMazz

A fan could only dream. Look, wishing injury on a player is wrong but given his horrid play my reaction to Sal being out for the rest of the year could only be described as the following:

tumblr_inline_mgcds6qDa31rppkks.gif

(Which would be the same majority reaction if A-Train was bought out)

I'd rather see Volch go. And Sal would have been fine if he was on a 1 year sub $2M contract...and was our 6th defenseman. I don't like him in our top 4 anymore. He's looked lost this year and like he's got feet made of cement.

Cap hit will still apply, no? 35+?

cap hit always applies - with ltir, you can exceed it as a replacement. it's irrelevant - devils won't have cap issue. they have an internal cap and real dollars matter. kovy's getting $11M in real money w/ just a $6.66M cap hit.

it's not cap circumvention you're playing with - its insurance fraud because you're looking for insurance to cover his salary (assuming he's not THAT injured).

lol Sal misses three games and all of a sudden he's retiring. If he had another concussion that'd be one thing but come on now. He ain't walking away from $6 million, and they ain't amnestying/LTIR'ing/making Sal dissapear as much as people want them to.

In any event, unless you're replacing him with Erik Karlsson, it won't do anything to solve the Devils main issue, which is scoring goals.

Lou wont do that to sal as we want. But he's a leader for the younger folks in yhe locker room. I say he'll prolly keep the captaincy position next year as well. Anton would be the best bet for a buyout. Sal would be last. Heck sometimes I feel if he could they would rather burn fayne then sal for some reasons