2008 Summer Olympics

Satans Hockey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched some of the taekwondo (a Canadian woman won a silver medal in the event). I don't know if it is tradition or what, but one competitor bowed down to her opposition before the match, showing that the top of the headgear has a giant "WTF" ensignia on top. I got a good chuckle out of that.

As for the kicked judge, I think there were quite a few judges this Olympics that deserved a kick in the face more than this guy. There was some really, really, really bad judging in a lot of events... but in this case, the Cuban WAS down for a very long time. I think the official was more than correct in calling the match. Even if he wasn't, you don't kick someone in the face.... I think the Cuban athlete should be arrested by the Chinese authorities and thrown in the worst pit of hell in the country (where they put the Falun Gong).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I just read on another site that Iceland could win their first gold medal ever at the summer Olympics. It would be funny and great at the same time to see a country named "ICELAND" win a summer games gold medal. :) It's sorta like the Jamaican bobsled team. :)

Edited by Don

I saw that too! A very upper crust sounding event. Next time they should include a spot of cricket and tea. :P

It's based on the skills a 19th century gentleman would need in the army: riding, swimming, shooting, running and sword fighting.

It's based on the skills a 19th century gentleman would need in the army: riding, swimming, shooting, running and sword fighting.

Oh my God, you actually LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hi: :hi:

Hey stranger!!

Oh my God, you actually LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hi: :hi:

Hey stranger!!

Hey!

Yeah, I lurk now and snigger at newbies, and am only drawn from my hermit-itude by undeniable urges to clarify minority sporting events at the Olympics.

My favourite was the dressage horse dancing to the BeeGees. Camper than a row of rainbow tents.

Well come Ciy, what more minor sport is there then hockey??

(OK Badmintion is just rated R-Tarded :P, and synchronized diving is pretty brutal too)

and you're supposed to outwardly mock the noobs and panic seekers on here... makes it more entertaining for the smart people!! :lol:

Hey!

Yeah, I lurk now and snigger at newbies, and am only drawn from my hermit-itude by undeniable urges to clarify minority sporting events at the Olympics.

My favourite was the dressage horse dancing to the BeeGees. Camper than a row of rainbow tents.

We expect an in-depth analysis of 2012 and updates of the construction/ infrastructure progress ... :koolaid:

We expect an in-depth analysis of 2012 and updates of the construction/ infrastructure progress ... :koolaid:

I don't think the British Olympic Committee are bothering with building. We're making do and mending.

They're going to put the beach volley-ball here, at Horse Guards Parade, so soldiers on horses can leer at girls in bikinis, patting the sand from each other's booties. The girls patting, I mean, not the soldiers. Soldiers only pat each other's buttocks when they're in barracks:

USA BAsketball wins gold in a great game. Yeah i watched the whole thing and it was worth only getting 4 hours of sleep

Did they ever show a replay of that game? I tried staying up to watch it but nodded off approximately an hour and a half BEFORE tip-off.

I assumed they would replay it the next day, but couldn't find it. However, they did replay the bronze medal game the next morning, back-to-back, from 9-11am and 11am-1pm. ... Go figure.

Did they ever show a replay of that game? I tried staying up to watch it but nodded off approximately an hour and a half BEFORE tip-off.

I assumed they would replay it the next day, but couldn't find it. However, they did replay the bronze medal game the next morning, back-to-back, from 9-11am and 11am-1pm. ... Go figure.

i remember right before i went to church from like 830-1030 sunday monrning on nbc the game was played (gold medal)

I think given the girls' proximity to armed soldiers, their mutual patting might result in the premature discharge of various firearms...

you really think their hands will be on their GUNS at that point? :P

i remember right before i went to church from like 830-1030 sunday monrning on nbc the game was played (gold medal)

Dang! I really wanted to watch it. One woulda thunk that they woulda showed it again at a reasonable hour. ... Makes me wonder how many people in this country actually saw any of it!