Elias re-signed. 3 yrs/5.5 per. 16.5 total. NMC.

ghdi

Love that we got him back, was hoping for around 4.5-5m just so we can possibly have more money to sign guys. But I'd hate to see Elias anywhere else besides the Devils!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad he re-signed. I was visiting the HHOF today, and was half afraid to wear my jersey, but did anyway (it was hotter than hell, btw). By the end of the day, people were coming up to me to congratulate me.

I will have to rock the Elias retro jersey I have.. happy he is staying a Devil, and even though it is slightly higher than I was expecting, out of all the older Devils Lou has signed, he is probably the more consistent, hockey smart, and better player worth a retirement contract.

not sure how true this is but...

Czech source idnes.cz reports that Patrik Eliáš was speaking with Petr Speychal, vicepresident of Lev Prague (KHL), and told him that he will play for Lev after next three years.
Rashid Khabibulin, the predisent of the club confirmed that and said that they were close to sign contract this year, but Eliáš prefered NHL. 

Czech source idnes.cz reports that Patrik Eliáš was speaking with Petr Speychal, vicepresident of Lev Prague (KHL), and told him that he will play for Lev after next three years.

Rashid Khabibulin, the predisent of the club confirmed that and said that they were close to sign contract this year, but Eliáš prefered NHL. 

Those reporters as well as the managers for the KHL are always full of it.

Besides if it is true, it is not like he is going to a rival NHL team anyways.  He will still always be a Devil.  I picture the KHL as being the senior circuit for a lot of former NHL players.

I mean, considering that Elias almost died the last time he played professionally in Eastern Europe, I'm going to have to cast some doubt on this one.