Of all the times Lou has curiously fired coaches out of the blue

'7'

You mean that defense that is among the best on the league at shots against.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The system isn't his - they haven't overhauled anything.  If Stevens 'can't work with young players' as intimated by mouse's post, I don't see how he's a good coach for this defense that is going to be getting awfully young soon.

IF Lou would get canned, its really not as if another GM could jump in and make miracles happen either. There's really not much we can do with what we have in term of talent and assets.

I mean there's honestly no way to recover quickly from all the talent we lost plus replace what we'll lose very soon. We'd have to sign like 2-3 top free agents every single summer lol

Edited by SterioDesign

IF Lou would get canned, its really not as if another GM could jump in and make miracles happen either. There's really not much we can do with what we have in term of talent and assets.

I mean there's honestly no way to recover quickly from all the talent we lost plus replace what we'll lose very soon. We'd have to sign like 2-3 top free agents every single summer lol

Well it's about overhauling the scouting system. A ton of teams have had success doing that. You don't bottom out, but you trust that you have the right people in place to make good selections from any position in the draft.

We can discuss Lou's future, but I don't think it ever ends with a firing. That is a scary proposition for the new owners. If the Devils continue to struggle, the last one that will face heat from fans will be Lou.

So, if Deboer does come back, and the team struggles, he'll probably get the axe. Maybe if the team struggles with a new coach, do we finally see Lou take some real blame.

Well it's about overhauling the scouting system. A ton of teams have had success doing that. You don't bottom out, but you trust that you have the right people in place to make good selections from any position in the draft.

We can discuss Lou's future, but I don't think it ever ends with a firing. That is a scary proposition for the new owners. If the Devils continue to struggle, the last one that will face heat from fans will be Lou.

So, if Deboer does come back, and the team struggles, he'll probably get the axe. Maybe if the team struggles with a new coach, do we finally see Lou take some real blame.

Which is bull. I don't know that anyone's to blame -- you don't bounce back from losing Zach and Kovy in consecutive years. If this goes on for long, then you have a problem. Right now, we're having a season that is, if anything, better than it should be. If, however, you are going to blame someone, the roster isn't very good. That's not DeBoer's fault.

Which is bull. I don't know that anyone's to blame -- you don't bounce back from losing Zach and Kovy in consecutive years. If this goes on for long, then you have a problem. Right now, we're having a season that is, if anything, better than it should be. If, however, you are going to blame someone, the roster isn't very good. That's not DeBoer's fault.

This. People around here underestimate the cumulative impact losing Parise, Kovy, and Clarkson has had on this team. This team is exactly where I thought they would be based upon this roster. He makes some curious decisions and f's with the younger players heads too much sometimes, but I don't think most coaches would have done much better with this team.

This. People around here underestimate the cumulative impact losing Parise, Kovy, and Clarkson has had on this team. This team is exactly where I thought they would be based upon this roster. He makes some curious decisions and f's with the younger players heads too much sometimes, but I don't think most coaches would have done much better with this team.

I dont think we realize how losing robinson on top of that is hurting the team too.