Anyone going to MSG tomorrow?

DJ Eco

Well.... That was.....

GLORIOUS.

I'll be doing it again next time, and with a group. Man, real Rangers fans have TOTALLY been priced out of their arena, didn't see one really diehard fan until after the game. So tame, and the atmosphere is quiet, even after a goal. What a mausoleum, quiet as sh!t for most of the game, even when they were outplaying us. The price increases and seat layout changes over the past few years has totally changed the demographic of that sh!thole.

Rofl. I barely even heard any Maaarty chants tonight, I was surprised. It was great to hear some Let's Go Devils chants on TV and loud cheers after all 3 goals.

Rofl. I barely even heard any Maaarty chants tonight, I was surprised. It was great to hear some Let's Go Devils chants on TV and loud cheers after all 3 goals.

What's funny is that he played a great game.  He definitely outplayed Queenie.  Both Carter goals were pretty soft by Lundqvist.

The place was louder when the Devils scored tonight.  lol

How many Devils fans were there?

It's hard to guess because they were so scattered. For example I was only with my girlfriend, and I saw a lot of people in 2's or 3's MAX... Not like when they come to our arena (usually in groups, get a whole row off StubHub, etc.)...

But there were a lot, I'd say about 10-15%, which is a step up from previous years..

Edited by DJ Eco

I can't even afford tickets at the Rock anymore. If they didn't pay me to go to the Devils Flyers games in Philly, I wouldn't have seen anything yet this season. Props to the fans that showed up, though. Larger than usual Devils group in that hell hole. Place got loud when the Devils scored. I heard a LGD once in like the 2nd, Rangers fans had to boo it out. And if you're going to represent our organization on the road, you better be loud. No worrying about opposing fans, fvck them. I siht on Flyers fans every time I go there. I get a few dirty looks, but it's all hype. I always get that one lady calling me an asshloe as they leave.

The place was louder when the Devils scored tonight.  lol

How many Devils fans were there?

What's sad is that new Yankee Stadium is a beautiful ballpark.  What sucks about it is that the acoustics aren't as good as the old place.  So the crowd noise just isn't the same.  The upper deck isn't as steep and the RF porch isn't as close to the field.  Also the obstructed views in CF suck.  Overall though it still a nice ballpark.  But the atmosphere is terrible.  As a Yankees fan, it hurts to hear the place so quiet all the time.

I'm a Yankee fan too, but do not like the new stadium for a bunch of reasons...........last year I went to City Field to catch a Mets game and liked it better than Yankee Stadium

There were a few crazy groups of Devils fans in the lower bowl believe it or not, I guess those were the only tickets available on short notice. I think a big group in the lower section behind the Devils shoot twice net started it all 3 times and my girlfriend and I of course joined in.

its nice to see finally.. i feel like it was always them coming in and swarming our arena yet over in theres there were not nearly as much red as there would be blue in ours

And for good reason. Rangers fans themselves can't afford MSG and don't go to too many games. But my girlfriend and I decided late on Monday night, "F it, let's get tickets", and the best deal we could find was $70 on StubHub. 

Rangers fans my age can't spend that kinda money 4-5 times a month, or however many home games there are in a particular month, so they come to The Rock, where even a high demand Devils-Rangers game will have some $40-50 seats on StubHub a few days before. I'm realizing the amount of Rangers fans that come to our arena is more a consequence of MSG pricing them out and not much to do with us or our building.

I didn't see any of the young douchebags at MSG that usually come to The Rock. It was so corporate, my head was spinning.

Edited by DJ Eco

Wow, the rock is way better than MSG as far as sight lines go

Agree, I missed the 3rd period goal from where I was sitting because you can't see over the person in front of you, the angle's just not there, you have to really lean in over them or stand up. And the area I was sitting in was pretty nice, wasn't a nosebleed.

Edited by DJ Eco

its nice to see finally.. i feel like it was always them coming in and swarming our arena yet over in theres there were not nearly as much red as there would be blue in ours

One thing I hate about the Devils broadcast is that they turn the crowd noise down significantly.  I watched highlights from the Rags feed, and it seriously sounded like a home game for the Devils when Zubrus scored.  But the Devils feed seemed quiet.

But there were a lot, I'd say about 10-15%, which is a step up from previous years..

My God that's unreal, and fantastic.  I can honestly remember going there in the early '90's with my white Jersey on, being refused service in a bar right outside the arena (think they were part of MSG) because of wearing it, and seeing literally 1 other Devs jersey there.

Love to see the outpouring.

And heard the Devs fan on the Ranger feed.  Nice job by all that went.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

One thing I hate about the Devils broadcast is that they turn the crowd noise down significantly.  I watched highlights from the Rags feed, and it seriously sounded like a home game for the Devils when Zubrus scored.  But the Devils feed seemed quiet.

thats because they want to make sure everyone can hear chico .. the air head has a lot to talk about..pretty much everything except the game while the game is going on..guy thinks he has his own talk show

So if you take the number of people wearing red and combine them with the people wearing suits, how many people were wearing blue?

lol

About 20% of the arena. It blows my mind how few people were in Rangers jerseys. I used to joke with my Rags friends about that, based on what I saw in the lower bowl, but damn, it's everywhere. My girlfriend and I couldn't get over how few people were in a regular blue Rangers jersey, not a hoodie, not a sweatshirt, not a black t-shirt with the logo, not a suit, but a jersey... Not sure what the reasoning is?...

About 20% of the arena. It blows my mind how few people were in Rangers jerseys. I used to joke with my Rags friends about that, based on what I saw in the lower bowl, but damn, it's everywhere. My girlfriend and I couldn't get over how few people were in a regular blue Rangers jersey, not a hoodie, not a sweatshirt, not a black t-shirt with the logo, not a suit, but a jersey... Not sure what the reasoning is?...

who knows maybe alot of those people during the week go right from work or work in the city and go there from their place of employment... or maybe we just ran them out of their own house and they were afraid to show up :) Edited by Sik02gt

Fans-react-behind-the-New-York-Rangers-b