GDT Devils vs. Rags

ZeroGravityFat

Unless the Devils get a shutout this game, I predict you will be throwing another hissy fit on this thread later on during the game.

I'll try not to. I mean what else can be said? It will just be a broken record. The Devils haven't been able to beat the Rangers the last 5-6 years. Brodeur has an EXTREMELY poor record against them over that time span. Although it's probably worse against The Queen himself. So there is a positive with him not starting tonight but the whole game is just a complete drag to me. It's in our building and there will be just as many Ranger fans as Devil fans, Devils haven't been playing well, they have key injuries, I hate the Rangers in general, and we always play hard against them and lose. I'm sick of it. Like I said I'm happy I'm not watching tonight. I promise not to comment on the game until I see highlights. Hopefully no soft goals are let in.

Biron eh? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't shocked. I know he's played well this year, but the Queen owns us.

Teams are going to start putting their backups in against us if we can't score more than 1 goal. It's a complete smack in the face to the Devils that it was just announced that the Queen won't be in tonight. They don't respect the Devils. I can't argue as to why they would with the track record they have this year against top teams.

I'll try not to. I mean what else can be said? It will just be a broken record. The Devils haven't been able to beat the Rangers the last 5-6 years. Brodeur has an EXTREMELY poor record against them over that time span. Although it's probably worse against The Queen himself. So there is a positive with him not starting tonight but the whole game is just a complete drag to me. It's in our building and there will be just as many Ranger fans as Devil fans, Devils haven't been playing well, they have key injuries, I hate the Rangers in general, and we always play hard against them and lose. I'm sick of it. Like I said I'm happy I'm not watching tonight. I promise not to comment on the game until I see highlights. Hopefully no soft goals are let in.

I do agree with you that I am still baffled as to why Marty is starting again and not Moose, but I am not the coach and I will have to live with it.

As for Biron I think him in net does increase our chances of winning, but I never expect a shutout against the Rags or even an easy game anymore.

I wish Foster was sitting instead of Taormina. I'm not sure what he's done to deserve staying in the line up. Regardless I'm extra excited for this game since it will be my 1st game this year and I haven't been to a Devils-Rangers game in forever. My budget has been real tight this year but my brother is taking me to this game...only drawback is he is a Rangers fan.

I wish Foster was sitting instead of Taormina. I'm not sure what he's done to deserve staying in the line up. Regardless I'm extra excited for this game since it will be my 1st game this year and I haven't been to a Devils-Rangers game in forever. My budget has been real tight this year but my brother is taking me to this game...only drawback is he is a Rangers fan.

I saw the dumb Facebook posting your brother left about how the arena being 60/40 Rags fans. What is with them and exagerrating that fact every fvcking time? I've been to many Rags/Devils games since the early 90's and even at its worse I would say it was 60/40 Devils fans.

I saw the dumb Facebook posting your brother left about how the arena being 60/40 Rags fans. What is with them and exagerrating that fact every fvcking time? I've been to many Rags/Devils games since the early 90's and even at its worse I would say it was 60/40 Devils fans.

I let him slide sometimes since they need anything to cling to since they've won just 1 Cup since 1940. I think Rangers fans can be a bit insecure at times. My favorite is his friend Ryan who constantly tells me that Devils fans are jealous of the Rangers. I always ask him why would I (or other Devils fans) be jealous?...We've won 3 Cups since the Rangers last 1 and have a much better arena.

I let him slide sometimes since they need anything to cling to since they've won just 1 Cup since 1940. I think Rangers fans can be a bit insecure at times. My favorite is his friend Ryan who constantly tells me that Devils fans are jealous of the Rangers. I always ask him why would I (or other Devils fans) be jealous?...We've won 3 Cups since the Rangers last 1 and have a much better arena.

Very true, but I can really let anything slide with what Rags fans say except for that one. IDK I guess it is because it is such an exaggeration to the point where it is an outright lie.

As for Ryan, well let's just say he is a Rags fan when it is convenient for him. Your brother has been a Rags fan forever through both the good times and bad times, but Ryan rarely mentioned the Rags until a few years ago.

The Devils haven't been able to beat the Rangers the last 5-6 years. Brodeur has an EXTREMELY poor record against them over that time span.

I was thinking the same thing myself. However, TG said on his blog that the actual record since 2005 appears to indicate otherwise and the series has been fairly even...

2005-06: 4-3-1

2006-07: 5-2-1

2007-08: 1-4-3

2008-09: 3-3-0

2009-10: 3-2-1

2010-11: 2-4-0

Home Away

2007-08 1-2-1 0-2-2

2008-09 2-1-0 1-2-0

2009-10 1-1-1 2-1-0

2010-11 1-2-0 1-2-0

2011-12 0-1-0 no games yet

Total: 5-7-2 4-7-2

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Teams are going to start putting their backups in against us if we can't score more than 1 goal. It's a complete smack in the face to the Devils that it was just announced that the Queen won't be in tonight. They don't respect the Devils. I can't argue as to why they would with the track record they have this year against top teams.

I disagree.. They have Buffalo tomorrow and then 3 days off. This is the second consecutive time that Brion has started against a stronger team in back-to-backs (B vs TOR/H vs MON earlier this month), so I'm guessing it's one of two things.

Queeny tweaked something at the ASG (you'll know if this is true if Brion starts tomorrow) or they're trying to get the Vezina for ol' Mattress Pads by starting him against the weaker teams. :P

• Like 1

VERY happy to hear about Biron being in net. Traditionally speaking, the Devils are his Daddy.

Biron's career numbers vs. NJ:

W-L-T-OTL - GAA - Sv%

8-15-2-2 - 3.16 - .895

Of the 17 teams he has at least 10 career starts against, none score more goals per game on Biron than the Devils.

And while Brodeur hasn't exactly been lights-out against the Rags in recent years, he hasn't been horrible either. It's been mostly a lack of goal support that's hurt our cause against them. 2007-08 was his first year with a losing record vs. the Rags post-lockout. Here are his numbers against them since then, arguably his worst career stretch against them:

W-L-OTL - Sv%

5-12-4 - .914

His GAA is a little harder to calculate since they take into account minutes he's pulled, but it's somewhere around 2.38. I'll take .914 and 2.38 over .895 and 3.16 absolutely any day of the week.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing myself. However, TG said on his blog that the actual record since 2005 appears to indicate otherwise and the series has been fairly even...

2005-06: 4-3-1

2006-07: 5-2-1

2007-08: 1-4-3

2008-09: 3-3-0

2009-10: 3-2-1

2010-11: 2-4-0

Home Away

2007-08 1-2-1 0-2-2

2008-09 2-1-0 1-2-0

2009-10 1-1-1 2-1-0

2010-11 1-2-0 1-2-0

2011-12 0-1-0 no games yet

Total: 5-7-2 4-7-2

Three of those wins were by Hedberg and Clemmensen though. Devils-Rangers didn't really turn sour for us until 07-08 when Avery called Marty fat :P