Brodeur's television debut tonight

SterioDesign

What do you prefer over NHL Network?  There isn't really a better alternative for hockey coverage in the US.  We all know ESPN is terrible and NBC Sports is just a bunch of bumbling idiots arguing with each other for no reason.

I'm just disappointed that's the best it gets, I don't think they're worse than NBCSN or ESPN, but is anybody going to create the "Slightly better than Mike Milbury and JR award for mediocre sports reporting" I don't think so, lol. They're children over at NBC. Listening to JR and Milbury is akin to hitting myself in the head with a hammer. I watch NHLN for the highlights and the highlights alone, unless they got a game on, otherwise, I get every bit of hockey news from the internet.

I don't mind NHL Live on NHLN, they're usually decent, don't usually get to see it though. That being said, I'm not a fan of what's her name from MSG that is on there sometimes. It bothers me like when people where pinstriped or plaid suits on TV. Do they not realize it's like staring at one of the "Can you see the mystery image" things in HD, they always look very strange on TV either because of the small striping or the sheen of the suit's material itself, either way, it's distracting.

I kinda wish they'd go back to how it was in the early days where they only had the clips, no PBP audio or anything. Just let me see the play without some idiot talking over it.

Edited by ATLL765

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does just hearing a woman's voice annoy you guys? 

A lot of women feel that way about other women.  A lot of women I'm sure you all read HATE a woman posting on a forum and are often most deriding of female fans.

Do you all assume women don't play hockey and never have?

Do you think a woman is far more inclined to just take any announcing job and not educate herself on the rules of the sport?

Do you think women are less professional than men and are held to lower standards to make a quota?

Does anyone else find it really sucks to have to clean your glasses without glasses on so how can you possibly HOPE to clean your lenses if you can't actually see the filth on them?  I have glasses.  I am VERY excited about this.

Does just hearing a woman's voice annoy you guys? 

A lot of women feel that way about other women.  A lot of women I'm sure you all read HATE a woman posting on a forum and are often most deriding of female fans.

Do you all assume women don't play hockey and never have?

Do you think a woman is far more inclined to just take any announcing job and not educate herself on the rules of the sport?

Do you think women are less professional than men and are held to lower standards to make a quota?

Does anyone else find it really sucks to have to clean your glasses without glasses on so how can you possibly HOPE to clean your lenses if you can't actually see the filth on them?  I have glasses.  I am VERY excited about this.

No.

No.

No. Everybody likes money. Not just women. Plenty of idiot men in the biz too.

No, different standards though. They are sought out for their attractiveness, mostly, not their fault, it helps ratings I'd guess. Might also be a diversity thing, that way women have someone to connect with when they watch. It's gotta be about ratings though.

Not really. I don't need my glasses to see though.