The Official Devils GAME WORN Jersey Thread

DevilinLA

Nope, i didn't. It was a pretty good price. I was weighing it as i had my snipe set, but decieded to save and put that $ toward a better jersey. I figure in this economy, you'll see some jerseys coming out of the closet. I've got enough Pandos, so unless any patched ones come up like a Cup jersey, i won't be going for any other Pando.

I was telling Matt although Pando is my favorite player, i just can't fathom dumping anymore money into that type of player and now a lineup scratch in this economy and market any longer unless it's a Cup jersey.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

It was a good price, but as I have a few....I'm waiting for something with a patch.

Right now its easier to buy a shirt than sell one for a good price I think!

Don't worry...he's gonna get back in the lineup!

• Like 1

It was a good price, but as I have a few....I'm waiting for something with a patch.

That was a great price, but as you said, what is cheap today could be "overpriced" tomorrow. Sad and scary. Everyone is hurting and jobs are lost daily. Williams and Sonoma called the police here to avoid any problems when they suprised the staff at building here with "Sorry, you've been let go." I can't even imagine. I suspect more will feel the cut soon.

I was hoping there would be a way of getting Mike Mottau OUT of the line-up myself. I was okay with him last year, but this year, not so much. I wonder IF Pando will see ice again with the Devils. Who else are the frequent scratches? Brookbank and Brodeur is on IR... who is in that last spot or is it Brodeur?

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

Do you have pics of your collection?

Did anybody else notice the meigray tag on Salvador as soon as his fight ended? It was pretty cool to see.

It might be hard to see in this clip, but it was crystal clear in Hdizzle.

. It is viewable around the 30 second mark of the clip.

I saw it for less than a second, but perhaps I missed another shot of it?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I noticed today that the 08-09 set 1 jerseys are up on the MeiGray site along with a few preseasons.

It's nice to see they reduced the retail price on a few players (Gionta, Madden, Rupp, Zubrus, Zajac...)

Edited by JWomp

Noticed the same about Parise and Langenbrunner.... There appear to be one set (home/away) of one size and another set (home/away) of a different size. No pictures, so no clue. Curious as to why Lags/Parise experimented with two different sizes of sweaters after last season? And yes, the prices suck as usual for the mulitiple sets... $750 for one of FOUR set 1's of each. Rolston's one or two game wonder white set is $750.00. Great gods that is pricy. I can't wait to see Shanahan's prices...

My big question is now that those prices have dropped are the items I have if sold worth less because of MeiGray dropping their prices? For example... Say I wanted to sell my 07-08 Lags. I know I won't get $750.00 for it, but will the price be further effected by the decline in pricing that MeiGray has set?

I'm pretty sure that Rolstons white jersey had a very nice puck/stick mark on the side of it, which is pretty good for the amount of games he played. I was thinking about getting his pre season or GI jersey, but I'll hold off.

Edited by 3CUPSN9

I'm pretty sure that Rolstons white jersey had a very nice puck/stick mark on the side of it, which is pretty good for the amount of games he played. I was thinking about getting his pre season or GI jersey, but I'll hold off.

I'd hold off completely as MeiGray's prices in general have all been lowered. This concerns me, but yet it doesn't in the same instance. I will collect gamers as long as they are out there no matter what happens as it is my primary hobby. However, I spoke to unknown poster today on the phone and we discussed many topics (also tried JWomp but he was unavailable as was KC Devil... please don't tell me you guys have lives and I don't). My biggest concerns that I have on tap are:

1)If I try to sell a sweater I own with MeiGray docs (let's say a Langenbrunner) does MeiGray's decision to lower their prices affect my sale? Most people use MeiGray as a price point and somehow gauge the resale value of vintage sweaters and some others. So, the Langenbrunner I sold for $300 (kicking myself) would be valued less than that if I still had it and wanted to sell it? Tell me I am wrong.

2)MeiGray's pricing is lowered and does this mean bumpy road ahead? Will we see teams pull out of MeiGray to market themselves? Will MeiGray ride out this economic issue? What kind of sale at the summer expo? I personally believe (that just like the home market... NOW is the time to buy). I took an extra job to save some coin for the expo/draft day and am VERY excited. I hope I can get something good.

3)On a side note, I've been meaning to get an answer from you guys on this next one... It is completely unrelated, but I have mixed feelings. So here goes...

Say I buy a gamer with an autograph and in the MeiGray LOA it states "with autograph" and then I decide I don't want the autograph. So I use a cleaner and positively remove the autograph with no stain or proof that it was there. Have I voided my LOA? Has the price been effected? Please let me know your thoughts?

• Like 1

Ok guys, here's one a little out of left field.

Apparently we got 2000 NJ Devils Away Deron Quint Jersey

Game Worn Quint

I had almost forgotten about this guy.

Priced at BIN $375.00. Meigray LOA.

OK wear, cup year, but he doesn't get into what set it was.

Also the Brooks Jersey is back up for $199.00...tough economy.

Ok guys, here's one a little out of left field.

Apparently we got 2000 NJ Devils Away Deron Quint Jersey

Game Worn Quint

I had almost forgotten about this guy.

Priced at BIN $375.00. Meigray LOA.

OK wear, cup year, but he doesn't get into what set it was.

Also the Brooks Jersey is back up for $199.00...tough economy.

If I recall correctly that is a set 2. I don't think Quint's time was that lengthy with the Devils... NO MORE than 10 games or so if I recall. He was either a healthy scratch or hurt.

It is a very tough economically and I don't see a Stimulus (as much as I could us the money or not) being the answer. If I get a stimulus cheque... it goes right into the "pay the bills" fund. It won't be, "hey, I could use a plasma, hot tub (would be nice), or a gamer"

Any thoughts to my questions above???

Edited by Chorske17
  • Like 1

I would still be ok with the LOA if I were in a position to buy "that" gamer. As long as there is no trace or stain of the remover like you said. I think it is a unique situation because there are two things in this situation that require authenticated. To me the jersey is the more important component, so as long as that is authentic its fine with me. Some people are big on LOA's, but since I only buy meigray authenticate items, it woudnt bother me to much.

Fun reading all the people with more $ then brains and common sense opening up the grab bags and getting a jersey they wouldn't want or pay $395 for if the player himself showed up with it at their door.

All for a 1 game wonder Ovenchicken that isn't worth the $7500 tag if he gave you half out of his own pocket.

I am still stunned why people participate in it, especially in this economy. Maybe in general to begin with. Do people really enjoy pissing away hard earned $ on something designed to expose how little they understand it's a gimmick without them knowing it? MeiGray wins 49-1.

Maybe if these people have this much $ to piss away on stupidity, perhaps i won't complain about Obama taxing them.

I've had this discussion with several people, about the hobby in general, moreso than the grab bag aspect itself. It would seem that the average jersey collector, with say at least a few dozen shirts as opposed to the casual collector with a few shirts of their favorite players, hasn't really been hit that hard by the current economic woes. This is not a cheap hobby to begin with, so I doubt that the average collector is getting laid off from his job at Starbucks. These are people with a lot of disposable income, most likely from a better than average, secure job.

I would think that most of the people participating in the grab bag are at least somewhat of an Ovechkin fan, or see the chance to win it and flip it quickly on ebay for profit. These aren't people scraping their nickels together to send to Barry.

Now, if he makes a Brodeur the top gamer in the next grab bag, I might have to buy one or two chances....

I've had this discussion with several people, about the hobby in general, moreso than the grab bag aspect itself. It would seem that the average jersey collector, with say at least a few dozen shirts as opposed to the casual collector with a few shirts of their favorite players, hasn't really been hit that hard by the current economic woes. This is not a cheap hobby to begin with, so I doubt that the average collector is getting laid off from his job at Starbucks. These are people with a lot of disposable income, most likely from a better than average, secure job.

I would think that most of the people participating in the grab bag are at least somewhat of an Ovechkin fan, or see the chance to win it and flip it quickly on ebay for profit. These aren't people scraping their nickels together to send to Barry.

Now, if he makes a Brodeur the top gamer in the next grab bag, I might have to buy one or two chances....

I would probably be in if they were to throw in a Brodeur gamer as well...Even though I would probably be stuck with a Pierre Dagenais jersey or some crap like that.

I would probably be in if they were to throw in a Brodeur gamer as well...Even though I would probably be stuck with a Pierre Dagenais jersey or some crap like that.

Lucky for you I know who owns a lot of the Dagenais stuff... You'd end up with one of the gomez sweaters that haven't moved in months from MeiGray.

unknown poster, who is the "cockblocker"... I laughed so hard I started to choke on some clam chowder and had to use the back of my chair as CPR. I caught my breath and laughed some more. Thanks.

I spoke to the collector who won the Elias set III Red and he said as much as anyone else here has thought... Barry's way of dumping inventory that won't move. He took pictures of the wear and I can only see a mark that looks like a pin head. No way of matching it. He was willing to sell it for $600.00 which is good and bad. Good price, but I still won't buy it. Might as well buy an authentic with name/number.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.