GDT Devils at Panthers

ZeroGravityFat

It's going to take some time for them to win consistently. They need games like this to realize what it takes to be winners. Once they unscramble themselves in front of their net, they'll be ok. DeBoer's just going to have to figure out how to beat the opposing forecheck. That's been our nemisis for the past 5-7 years.

A couple weeks back, we were happy but skeptical after two close wins over two bad teams. Since then, we've seen wins over the Caps and Sabres, ended a goalie's calendar-year-long lossless streak, scored 18 goals in 6 games while Marty looked pretty vintage, the PP showed signs of life and the PK continued to be stellar. We're only .500 over that stretch, but two of those three losses were games that we were in right up until the last couple minutes. This team was very close to being 5-1 over that stretch.

We've got four very winnable games coming up. First is the last-in-the-West BlueJackets, then two against the last-in-the-East Isles, and a game in Colorado where the Avs (6-20-2 in their last 28 there) can't seem to buy a win. This is a prime opportunity to build some momentum.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

A couple weeks back, we were happy but skeptical after two close wins over two bad teams. Since then, we've seen wins over the Caps and Sabres, ended a goalie's calendar-year-long lossless streak, scored 18 goals in 6 games while Marty looked pretty vintage, the PP showed signs of life and the PK continued to be stellar. We're only .500 over that stretch, but two of those three losses were games that we were in right up until the last couple minutes. This team was very close to being 5-1 over that stretch.

We've got four very winnable games coming up. First is the last-in-the-West BlueJackets, then two against the last-in-the-East Isles, and a game in Colorado where the Avs (6-20-2 in their last 28 there) can't seem to buy a win. This is a prime opportunity to build some momentum.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!

Yeah, but this is the Devils we're talking about. I don't even consider the game against the Jackets a sure win.

Exactly. Robinson has to throw a temper tantrum @ our defensive play.

If we don't go 3-0 the next 3 games, we've got serious problems and Lou needs to make a move.

The Devils just are not good enough to assume 3-0, especially with two rivalry games against a team we haven't done very well against the last few years.

I found this exchange between Cangialosi and Chico a bit puzzling...

CHICO: "That Deb Placey is a total blanket hog. Talks in her sleep too, she does!"

CANGIALOSI: "Whoa...do you mean to tell me that y-..."

CHICO: "So, like I was saying, Brodeur shows great lateral movement on the save and puts the rebound into..."

The Devils just are not good enough to assume 3-0, especially with two rivalry games against a team we haven't done very well against the last few years.

Then they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. They can't beat Columbus at home and a NYI team that's falling apart they're in trouble.

Then they aren't good enough to make the playoffs. They can't beat Columbus at home and a NYI team that's falling apart they're in trouble.

Lesser team beat better teams quite a bit. That's looking at it way too black and white. The season is barely a quarter old.

No, I wouldn't be thrilled if the Devils stumbled against these teams, but I wouldn't assume all was lost either.

I can tell you as someone who's had a serious knee injury that it takes a long time for it to feel normal and there's no guarantee that it'll ever be 100% again.

John Maclean. He's actually the one player i thought of with Parise's injury. Mac was never really the same player after that knee injury in 1991.

But, honestly, it isn't his knee. From what i see, he's not lost a step or anything off his skating. It's his overall game. He's either not comfortable, the C is weighing and the contract is a bigger burden then it's led on. Whatever it is, i am fairly confident it is not a physical problem. The "he's rusty" excuses ended already. He looked like he was getting back into his game in early November vs the Flyers and the Jets and it's pretty much been nothing since then. Point fingers at Deboer for moving him around, but Zach isn't a stranger to center. Center is a much different position to play because it requires more involvement in the play and responsibility, but a player of his intelligence level and work ethic should not effect him that badly.

Not for nothing, but Parise has played 32 games since the end of the 09-10 season. In those 32 games, he's put up 18 points and is a -6. Now, he was playing injured in 10-11 so that's to be considered, too plus coming back off that injury...but those are pretty ugly numbers for a player who's going to be asking for and commanding 7-8 million.

Edited by SJP20

Kovy was horrible tonight outside of the first period. The guy just stands in one spot and watches Parise/Henrique hustle their asses off. Everyone in the building knows hes just waiting to get off a one timer from the top of the circle so why doesnt he just move around, get in on the forecheck, use his backhand, drive the net, etc...

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Kovy was horrible tonight outside of the first period. The guy just stands in one spot and watches Parise/Henrique hustle their asses off. Everyone in the building knows hes just waiting to get off a one timer from the top of the circle so why doesnt he just move around, get in on the forecheck, use his backhand, drive the net, etc...

he's even more of a spectater in our end than in the past. no way he's 100% physically. or with deboers system. he looks confused. he has board responsibility on the breakout so it looks like he's torn between chasing the puck and playing his position. the offensive dump ins with zach look all out of sync as well, many times its way to early and the D is skating out before pressured. gotta give the super line a few more games though

he's even more of a spectater in our end than in the past. no way he's 100% physically. or with deboers system. he looks confused. he has board responsibility on the breakout so it looks like he's torn between chasing the puck and playing his position. the offensive dump ins with zach look all out of sync as well, many times its way to early and the D is skating out before pressured. gotta give the super line a few more games though

Agreed. He was non-existent on the defensive side of things.

Did everyone NOT see Greene whining when his stick got ripped out of his hands and just quit on the play when that game winning or tying goal was scored??? I found that pretty unacceptable.

And was Ilya slew footed there or what? Anyone hear how he is?

Did everyone NOT see Greene whining when his stick got ripped out of his hands and just quit on the play when that game winning or tying goal was scored??? I found that pretty unacceptable.

Ya, Greene shouldn't have pouted and Larsson probably shouldn't have pursued the puck carrier. Two wrongs really made the play break down.

You bitch constantly. No one takes you serious or wants to read your mindless bashing.

I bitch constantly because what is not to bitch about? I'm pretty sure you witnessed the same thing I did last night so where the fvck are the positives? I have news for you. There aren't any. Parise sucks. Kovalchuck is a bust. The team has a bunch of posers playing defense. They are a completely CRACKED shell of the former cup winning teams that they once were. You and Stero can say whatever you want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is you two are both herbs.

I can tell you as someone who's had a serious knee injury that it takes a long time for it to feel normal and there's no guarantee that it'll ever be 100% again.

Absolutely correct. I'm the same age and I play football. I had the injury back in 2009 and it took more than 1 year to feel normal. It can get back to 100% though. Just takes time and treatment.

I bitch constantly because what is not to bitch about? I'm pretty sure you witnessed the same thing I did last night so where the fvck are the positives? I have news for you. There aren't any. Parise sucks. Kovalchuck is a bust. The team has a bunch of posers playing defense. They are a completely CRACKED shell of the former cup winning teams that they once were. You and Stero can say whatever you want. I'm entitled to my opinion and my opinion is you two are both herbs.

how hard is it to try to look at the bright sides and focus on it instead of being an ass bashing back and forth eventho EVERYONE is letting him know that he's annoying, if the team is not going well we KNOW IT we're actually watching the game compared to you just watching the score and bashing out of your ass

also how hard is it to get my name right? its Sterio no Stero

you seem to be one mentally challenged man if you ask me

:troll1:

Don't feed thee.