Morning Parking by Newark Penn

StormJosh

I'm hoping someone could help me out with this. I just started a new job in midtown Manhattan and this makes attending Devils games significantly more difficult for me actually. Usually, I park my car and take the bus from Mt. Arlington to Port Authority and back. If I want to go to a Devils game, I need to somehow arrive back at my car at the end of the night. Taking public transportation from Newark to Mt. Arlington is very difficult and I'd like to avoid it.

My plan was to take my car to Newark and park it there and take a train to NYC. As a cash conscious individual, however, I was wondering if anyone knows what the street (free) parking situation is like in that area. During games I park for free on the street all the time but I don't know how the morning commute looks like in terms of parking.

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

Edited by StormJosh

It 's not difficult at all, at least during the week. You can take the Boonton Line from Broad Street to Mt. Arlington station. http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/R0030.pdf

Rush hours are a nightmare anyway, parking or driving.

This is possible but far from ideal. The typical game will end 930-945 which means I would have to wait 40-50 minutes for a train that takes 80 minutes when I could do the drive in 40.

Well it's downtown so street parking at that time of day is difficult without getting your car ticketed or towed. You could park at the Harrison Parking garage next to the PATH for about $10. It's down from 280. http://harrisonparkingcenter.com/rates.htm. There are other lots in the immediate area too, some cheaper but still a farther walk.

Edited by Marv4Life