RUMOR: Devils interested in Dany Heatley?

puckrock

Seeing this pop up on my Twitter feed a lot the last hour or so: 

ScreenShot2013-03-08at123952AM_zps6a21c8

ScreenShot2013-03-08at124126AM_zpsa6b2fb

Obviously I'm taking this with a huge grain of salt -- it could be nothing more than another "HockeyyInsiderr" just trolling us, but hey -- it's conversation! 

So, thoughts?

well its all extremely interesting.  this is the first time i've seen the rumor in writing from a source... (or something close to a source).  a lot of this noise also sounds like its coming out of Minnesota

it'd be exciting to see another strong winger with us BUT

- Heatley has been declining

- His contract is not good

I'm not even believing there's even interest until a real reputable source mentions it.  

I'm not sure how I would feel if Heatley came to NJ.  Maybe the Heatley from 5 years ago, but now he could end up Rolston 2.0 for all we know.  

What is considered a reputable source?  Are there actually any rumor sources that are usually accurate?  I'm no expert on this stuff, but I feel like trade rumors are almost always bogus and made up from people who get paid to create trade rumors.

What is considered a reputable source?  Are there actually any rumor sources that are usually accurate?  I'm no expert on this stuff, but I feel like trade rumors are almost always bogus and made up from people who get paid to create trade rumors.

Everyone will have their own threshold for legitimate.  For me, I'm pretty skeptical about any unnamed source or anonymous source on the internet, especially ones with poor track records.  I prefer the guys who work at networks or newspapers, whose credibility and name have value to them.  If they say they've heard something I tend to believe they actually have, whether it be scuttlebutt or a team is trying to pass information into the media on purpose.

For the Devils, the leak is always going to have to come from the other side and Lou has cancelled deals due to the other side leaking things, so that's why I tend to be even more skeptical of Devils rumors.  Usually it's just some anonymous guy making something up on reasoned speculation and hoping it comes true.

The source of this rumor is some pant stain called "HockeyInsiderr". He's a bigger joke than Єklund (2.3% accurate).

There's this other idiot called "Devils Insiders" who states "its gaining traction" and his source is "just hearing it from someone who tends to have a lot of inside knowledge. Totally unconfirmed, have heard Heatley waived NMC."

https://twitter.com/DevilsInsiders/status/309889668202254336

If Heatley waived his NTC, no doubt that McKenzie, Dreger, or one of those guys would be all over it. This is total horsesh!t. Why does hockey rule the roost when it comes to ridiculousness when it comes to trade talks?

Edited by ghdi

The source of this rumor is some pant stain called "HockeyInsiderr". He's a bigger joke than Єklund (2.3% accurate).There's this other idiot called "Devils Insiders" who states "its gaining traction" and his source is "just hearing it from someone who tends to have a lot of inside knowledge. Totally unconfirmed, have heard Heatley waived NMC."https://twitter.com/DevilsInsiders/status/309889668202254336If Heatley waived his NTC, no doubt that McKenzie, Dreger, or one of those guys would be all over it. This is total horsesh!t. Why does hockey rule the roost when it comes to ridiculousness when it comes to trade talks?

That's the problem with Twitter- every idiot fan thinks they're an insider.
  • Like 1

YAWNNNN

I will start to get somewhat excited about this if a CREDIBLE source starts talking about it. Until then, I HEARD THE DEVILS ARE IN ON EVGENI MALKIN!!! He has had enough of living in Sid's shadow and wants out of PITT!!!

They want a second line center for him, they'll take Zajac.

The source of this rumor is some pant stain called "HockeyInsiderr". He's a bigger joke than Єklund (2.3% accurate).

There's this other idiot called "Devils Insiders" who states "its gaining traction" and his source is "just hearing it from someone who tends to have a lot of inside knowledge. Totally unconfirmed, have heard Heatley waived NMC."

https://twitter.com/DevilsInsiders/status/309889668202254336

If Heatley waived his NTC, no doubt that McKenzie, Dreger, or one of those guys would be all over it. This is total horsesh!t. Why does hockey rule the roost when it comes to ridiculousness when it comes to trade talks?

No. Neither of those are the source of this allegeded rumor. It was heard on a sports radio network in Minny. (KFAN) and has slowly snowballed after. But neither this hockeyinsiderr guy or DevilsInsiders are the origin for this. In fact Todd Cordell of HockeyBuzz said through his twitter that while he doesn't put too much into this it was started by originally by KFAN. Not saying it isn't BS either - I've tweeted the usual suspects about this as well (Dreger, Hadrek, Bobby Mac, Melrose) Edited by TheMazz

I'd love to start a twitter rumour that's completely BS but has a legitimacy to it...and then see how long before "Insiders" are reporting it.

been there, done that. NHLLine.ca stole my completely made up Jokinen to Buffalo for Afinogenov at the draft 5 years ago, rumor.

• Like 1