Lou On Mike And The Mad Dog

Voros19

Blah blah, how do you like the new NHL, etc.?, questions.

Said the arena in Newark is still going to go up. Talking now about last off-season and how he waited a bit too long with Niedermayer. A new coach is in the near future, and it appears Pat Burns is pretty much out of the question.

A little annoyed they didn't ask about Elias...

You were assuming that WFAN knows something about hockey, which they don't. The only reason Lou was on WFAN is that they have to promote the Devils as one of their properties, the two clown hosts must have hated the fact they had to talk about hockey.

The 'Canes are showing you can with with a solid top 6.

Which is what I have been preaching forever here. Quality top six is the most important factor in any SC run.

I have no clue what you're talking about - the Ducks have the best young forward prospect corps in all of hockey possibly. Perry, Getzlaf, Lupul, and Ryan will all be excellent players for the next 10 years.

I'm glad Niedermayer walked because he wasn't worth a max contract, at least not on this team as it is currently - he's not a good enough PP QB to deserve one. The 'Canes are showing you can with with a solid top 6.

What I mean is that the WCF means nothing if you don't win the championship. All I was saying is that supporters of Niedermayer's move can talk to me when he is holding up another cup. Until that happens, all the Ducks have is "potential," and we see how far that's gotten Ottawa.

And Niedermayer absolutely was worth what Lou offered him. It was the sum total of McGillis and Malakov. I don't necessarily care that he can't QB the PP when he is the most dominating defenseman in the game.

And Niedermayer absolutely was worth what Lou offered him. It was the sum total of McGillis and Malakov. I don't necessarily care that he can't QB the PP when he is the most dominating defenseman in the game.

I agree 1000%... Neids is a playmaker.. a difference maker.. the player the other team has to find on the ice at all times... and the DEVILS missed him a TON this year....

How much of McGillis and Malakhov's contracts were counting against the cap when Elias' salary came back on the cap? Or would the Devils have waived Nieds then?

The Devils would've never signed Mogilny and would've traded/waived Viktor Kozlov - problem solved.

There's no question Niedermayer's contract would have been prohibitively large - anyway, it's not worth discussing since it didn't happen, and I don't think we would've been particularly better or worse with Niedermayer, since you can't just stick him on the roster without taking off 7.6 million in salary.

How many cars can one buy with a trophy.

now i would have gone for the laugh here and writ "How many hummers can you buy with a trophy"

:unsure: wait a sec... I bet a photo with Lord Stanley can "buy" plenty actually....

and for the clean of thought I know Stevens has gotten at least two cars free and clear actually - one as payment for a signing and then whathisface's present...

Niedermayer played poorly versus the Oilers when his team needed him most. He led that team with Selanne to the postseason though.

Gomez's dad is his agent. Dad has said several times that he cannot wait until Gomez is an UFA. He really wants to see how much money he can negotiate for him. The only mention the Devs was that he will have Gomer sign a 1 yr contract only. Anyone recall this??? It has to be a post somewhere. Maybe I heard during a game or intermission however I do remember hearing this. Maybe it was during the lock out. I digress.