It is game 7 of a new season

BostonNala370

I am tired of reading, writing and discussing the same personal, constantly. DeBoer, Lou, Salvardor, JJ, Zidlicky, Larsson, Gelinas, Zubrus, Gionta, Ryder, and the new additions to the list Tootoo and Ruutu!

This has been three years of the same. How much longer do we need to be with this pain?

Lou's collection cheap bandaids isn't going to cut it.

We need a top down removal, (retirement and firing) and a rebuild of a quality NHL hockey team.

I am tired of reading, writing and discussing the same personal, constantly. DeBoer, Lou, Salvardor, JJ, Zidlicky, Larsson, Gelinas, Zubrus, Gionta, Ryder, and the new additions to the list Tootoo and Ruutu!

This has been three years of the same. How much longer do we need to be with this pain?

Lou's collection cheap bandaids isn't going to cut it.

We need a top down removal, (retirement and firing) and a rebuild of a quality NHL hockey team.

whoa whoa whoa.. cmon, we actually might have a solid team here.  6 games in, and a post like this is a little ridiculous.

i agree that the blown leads is inexusable. but i still have some faith in this team..

wait a second, 6 games in, i shouldn't even have to have said that sentence above ^.  way too early.

I've been of the opinion for the past few years that a rebuild is both necessary and unavoidable at this point.  This offensive unit is pretty.. average.  Cammalleri helps, for sure.  But it's still pretty lackluster.  They're essentially rebuilding on defense, which is great - wish it could've started sooner.

But I've been reminded countless times that success after a rebuild is anything but a sure thing.  

Personally, I seem to see a lot of NHL teams with a healthy blend of mostly younger, faster talent and a handful of veterans finding success.  The Devils are currently a slow team of average to below-average skill forwards without any sort of bluechip offensive prospects, which sucks.  It's boring to watch and frustrating to root for.  I can say this with total honesty - last year was one of the least enjoyable Devils seasons in recent memory.

McDavid sure would be a step in the right direction, though.  

Edited by Devilsfan118

I've been of the opinion for the past few years that a rebuild is both necessary and unavoidable at this point.  This offensive unit is pretty.. average.  Cammalleri helps, for sure.  But it's still pretty lackluster.  They're essentially rebuilding on defense, which is great - wish it could've started sooner.

But I've been reminded countless times that success after a rebuild is anything but a sure thing.  

Personally, I seem to see a lot of NHL teams with a healthy blend of mostly younger, faster talent and a handful of veterans finding success.  The Devils are currently a slow team of average to below-average skill forwards without any sort of bluechip offensive prospects, which sucks.  It's boring to watch and frustrating to root for.  I can say this with total honesty - last year was one of the least enjoyable Devils seasons in recent memory.

McDavid sure would be a step in the right direction, though.  

When did you want the defensive rebuild to start, they were in the cup finals just two years ago.

You guys wrap yourselves into conniptions about who plays and who doesn't play.  It's mostly bullsh!t.  Who plays on the 4th line isn't going to make that huge a deal.  The Devils iced a way way worse 4th line 3 years ago.  Their 4th line isn't good, but it isn't that bad.  You guys bitch about this, you bitch about Larsson, and meanwhile we haven't seen a rookie season like this from a player since Scott Gomez - Damon Severson played his way on to the team and started crushing and I hear almost nothing about him.  It is positively bizarre how great this kid is playing and how much obsessing there is over other stuff.  And the thing is that in 3 weeks it's not going to matter anyway - injuries are going to make it so that who's on the roster plays and there aren't a ton of choices.

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1

I would argue that Lou has made some pretty good moves lately.  It's not like we're talking about the NYM here.  Lou has done pretty well with the player situation.  I'm not crazy about the coach.  I never have been...  I'm not crazy about the Larsson situation but I don't think he should be playing over anyone but Salvador.  However, I understand that Larsson isn't the type for that role.  Larsson didn't need to be up here for 3 years.  They should have sent him back to Sweden for his 19 yo year.  They made the same mistake with Matteau.  Lou isn't perfect but he hasn't been horrible.

• Like 1

hit the brakes here hit the brakes... Jesus Christ ..some people on this board my god.

Stop.. just stop. How you start a season is just as important as how you finish, and if this team can't stop the bleeding - October or not - DeBoer will be shown the door.

Peter Laviolette was fired last season after an 0-3 start. We lose tomorrow, that'll be 5 in-a-row.

..the loyalty to a Head Coach, coaching his 7th season in the NHL.. and has made the playoffs ONCE! --it's truly mind boggling.

Edited by Beezer34

Stop.. just stop. How you start a season is just as important as how you finish, and if this team can't stop the bleeding - October or not - DeBoer will be shown the door.

Peter Laviolette was fired last season after an 0-3 start. We lose tomorrow, that'll be 5 in-a-row.

..the loyalty to a Head Coach, coaching his 7th season in the NHL.. and has made the playoffs ONCE! --it's truly mind boggling.

im not saying dumboer shouldnt be shown the door..but for whatever reason the management just has such a long leash with this guy..im not sure sh!t canning him right now is the proper decision tonight it looked like the age of our team juat could not handle the speed and talent of the stars..not sure this one was dumbos fault..although why he would put jags in the shootout i have no answer

Boston is 4-5-0

Pittsburgh is 3-2-1 which is what our record was.

Philly is 2-3-2

San Jose is 4-3-1, but they've lost 3 in a row.

St. Louis is 2-3-1.

Colorado is 1-4-1.

The Devils are 3-2-2, and are currently sitting in a playoff position.  I shouldn't have to be the one to remind people it's early.  But it's early.  Besides, the Devils haven't been playing poorly at all with the exception of the game against Washington.  They've also had a tough schedule to start.

Edited by Mike Brown

Boston is 4-5-0

Pittsburgh is 3-2-1 which is what our record was.

Philly is 2-3-2

San Jose is 4-3-1, but they've lost 3 in a row.

St. Louis is 2-3-1.

Colorado is 1-4-1.

The Devils are 3-2-2, and are currently sitting in a playoff position.  I shouldn't have to be the one to remind people it's early.  But it's early.  Besides, the Devils haven't been playing poorly at all with the exception of the game against Washington.  They've also had a tough schedule to start.

I have more confidence that PHI and Pitt will find a way to get going along with NYR. I have no confidence in this team to do the same.

I have more confidence that PHI and Pitt will find a way to get going along with NYR. I have no confidence in this team to do the same.

i agree. ive been a big pdb supporter, but its the same mistakes im seeing with an imprvoed roster. playing not to lose, blowing leads, losing SOs. i think a different voice may be just what this team needs

It really is amazing, I don't know where I stand with this yet but I hate some of his decisions and we were 1 goal away from being sent home in the first round in games 6 and 7. If we don't make the playoffs there is no way he can come back.

But he's so smart, all the players and league execs say so :P

I do agree I mean granted we don't see everything behind the scenes but to me it's like Pete's the pied piper putting a spell on everyone.  I've never seen anyone with this kind of record get the 'leeway' he does.

It was "early" last October too. Look how that worked out. A fired up Ottawa and Crosby's crew awaits followed by a tough November schedule. They're in danger of missing the PO 3 years in a row and 4 out of 5.

They're in danger of missing the playoffs when they currently sit in a playoff spot?

I'm as annoyed as anyone here, but let's wait until at least we've seen double digit games before we say something like "we're in danger of missing the playoffs".

Thank you.

This is proof of just how early it is.  We are currently in a playoff position.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Thank you.

This is proof of just how early it is.  We are currently in a playoff position.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=WC#&navid=nav-stn-conf

Again with the whole playoff position nonsense.  We're 7 games into the season and haven't played a superbrutal schedule yet.  What happens when we start facing the elite teams more frequently?  This team's been outshot in the majority of games, the forwards look older than their birth certificates and Cory looks awful at the worst times.

We're 0-for-3 at home, I don't want to hear about playoff position at least until they start winning some home games.  As it is they might bury themselves by Thanksgiving.

Edited by NJDevs26

Again with the whole playoff position nonsense.  We're 7 games into the season and haven't played a superbrutal schedule yet.  What happens when we start facing the elite teams more frequently?  This team's been outshot in the majority of games, the forwards look older than their birth certificates and Cory looks awful at the worst times.

We're 0-for-3 at home, I don't want to hear about playoff position at least until they start winning some home games.  As it is they might bury themselves by Thanksgiving.

See. this is utter garbage.  Yes, the team has been outshot, but they have been ahead much more than they have been behind.  So yeah, I'd expect that - early returns aren't overly promising in that respect, but I think with some changes to the lines things will go better.  Cory looks awful at the worst times and the Devils already have 3 wins in their pocket + 2 OT losses even with him only having 2 great games (tonight and Tampa).  So tired of the negativity in this fan base, like Schneider is going to maintain a .905 or whatever he has all year.

Edited by Triumph

whoa whoa whoa.. cmon, we actually might have a solid team here.  6 games in, and a post like this is a little ridiculous.

i agree that the blown leads is inexusable. but i still have some faith in this team..

wait a second, 6 games in, i shouldn't even have to have said that sentence above ^.  way too early.

I was not necessarily speaking about the team in general but rather it's always the same players, coach and GM that the fans are complaining about year after year and it is no different at the 7 game mark of this new season.

See. this is utter garbage.  Yes, the team has been outshot, but they have been ahead much more than they have been behind.  So yeah, I'd expect that - early returns aren't overly promising in that respect, but I think with some changes to the lines things will go better.  Cory looks awful at the worst times and the Devils already have 3 wins in their pocket + 2 OT losses even with him only having 2 great games (tonight and Tampa).  So tired of the negativity in this fan base, like Schneider is going to maintain a .905 or whatever he has all year.

What evidence is there that he isn't?  He's never been a 65-70 game starter before, never had that target on his back.  Not to mention this D looks awful. 

All we heard all offseason was the Devils are going to be so much better now that they don't have Marty clogging up half the games and I bought into it too.  How's that working out so far?  At least when Marty plays bad he can still make plays puckhandling.

Edited by NJDevs26