Line Predictions

Devils Pride 26

Time to be Debo, give your best guess at lines - or lines you would like to see.

I don't really have specifics other than I would like to see Elias and Ryder play together - ala Elias and Sykora a couple years ago. Ryder is younger, faster (marginally) and better than Sykora of two years ago and they play similar games.

I'd like to see Zajac and Elias split up, as they seem to be the most steady two way players and our two biggest play drives, IIRC. expanding on that assumption, I guess we would see Jagr on Zajac's flank.

Elias XXXX Ryder

YYYY Zajac Jagr

Zurbus ZZZZ AAAA

Carter Gionta Bernier

With Lokti, Clowe, Josefson, and Henrique are the players likely to fill the four open spots. Considering Barch and Tedenby scratches.

Also, cannot forget Olesz. He seems to be the real wild card to me. 

XXXX = Lokti

YYYY = Clowe

ZZZZ - Henrique

Now, if Olesz proves to be a reliable player, hopefully he could slide into AAAA and Gionta gets sent down, since he's on a two way deal. Josefson then becomes the fourth line pivot.

Edited by Devils Pride 26

My top choice would be VERY Similar to yours:

Elias-Henrique-Jagr

Clowe-Zajac-Ryder

Olez-Loki-ZUBZ

Carter-Yayo-Bernier

Barch/teds/gionta scratches. Gionta could be very useful as a callup and leader in Albany.

I would like to swap loki and henrique and see which combo works better. I know elias and jagr haven't played on the czech team before, but i really don't see why they couldn't work well on a line together. Swapping Jagr and Ryder in these lines works, but I worry about speed with Clowe and Jagr on a line.

I expect a TON of mixing lines this year trying to find a dynamic chemistry-rich combination to become a dominant #1 line (ie. A ZZPoPs, EGG and A-lines in the past). It is lots of fun making lines with this group due to almost everyone having the versatility/skill to play up a line or 2.

Elias-Lokti-Ryder

Clowe-Zajac-Zubrus

???-Henrique-Jagr

Carter-JJ-Bernier

I guess the third line left wing spot could go to Bernier and/or Carter, leaving a fourth open for Gionta or Olesz. 

Jagr isn't going to play on a checking line. He'll be first/second line.

I'd like to see the following attempted:

Elias Loktionov Ryder

Clowe Zajac Henrique

Zubrus Olesz Jagr

Carter Josefson Bernier

I know that Olesz isn't listed as a center and I can't even find any data for him on faceoffs, but I really like the idea of that line with the amount of size and cycling ability it could have. 

Jagr isn't going to play on a checking line. He'll be first/second line.

At this point in his career, Jagr will play just about whereever you decide to put him. Does he have the talent for first/second line? Yes. Does he have the stamina over the course of the season to play those kinds of minutes game in game out? Probably not. Use his freshest minutes on the powerplay. At even strength he should be feeding a cycle and using his size to wreak havoc.

Here's what I'm hoping for:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Here's what I expect come opening day:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Henrique-Jagr

Zubrus-Josefson-Bernier

Carter-Gionta-Barch

What you are hoping for is exactly what I'd like to see. You really think Loktionov won't be there opening night though?

Here's what I'm hoping for:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Loktionov-Jagr

Henrique-Josefson-Zubrus

Olesz-Carter-Bernier

Here's what I expect come opening day:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Clowe-Henrique-Jagr

Zubrus-Josefson-Bernier

Carter-Gionta-Barch

So let's play the guessing game: does Tri think Lokti will be moved?  Not make the team?  Injured?

I'm going to go with traded, because I don't see a way he doesn't make the team out of camp.

I think he'll still be here, just a healthy scratch.  They healthy scratched him down the stretch last year and left Henrique at center as much as possible, why shouldn't they do the same thing this year?  The alternative has Josefson starting off the year in the minors.

Loktionov and Gionta are starting...leaves Josefson man out but so be it

Rather than Guess lines... let's group top 6 and what's left

Group 1 (always playing)

Elias, Jagr, Zajac, Clowe, Ryder, Zubrus 

Group 2

Carter, Henrique, Bernier, Gionta

Group 3

Josefson, Olesz, Loktionov

Bottom Feeders

Barch, Janssen

Your scratches will come from Group 3. This team will play as 2 different teams.. one where Jagr is playing (assume 50-60 games) and where he is not

As a result we will see 2 different sets of forward lines depending on that

Line predictions....my favorite game. I still think a trade is coming, but with the roster we have now I see the lines looking like this:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Henrique-Josefson-Jagr

Clowe-Loktionov-Zubrus

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra:Barch/Olesz

How about this, just for fun.....

Henrique-Zajac-Ryder

Zubrus-Elias-Jagr

Clowe-Loktionov-Olesz

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: Josefson, Barch

That second line seems like it would have such great chemisty, great combination of size, skill and work ethic.......same thing goes all four lines, but that second line :dizzy:

My only problem with this lineup is having two lefty shots playing RW, I'm not a fan and I don't think Deboer is either.

How about this, just for fun.....

Henrique-Zajac-Ryder

Zubrus-Elias-Jagr

Clowe-Loktionov-Olesz

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Extra: Josefson, Barch

That second line seems like it would have such great chemisty, great combination of size, skill and work ethic.......same thing goes all four lines, but that second line :dizzy:

My only problem with this lineup is having two lefty shots playing RW, I'm not a fan and I don't think Deboer is either.

That's the way it has to be though. Ryder and Bernier are the only two RH wings. The only other RH players are Gio and Zajac anyways.

If our forwards stay as is, this is what i'm thinking:

Elias - Zajac - Ryder

Clowe - Henrique - Zubrus

Josefson - Loktionov - Jagr

Olesz - Carter - Bernier

Barch, Gionta

Or

Elias - Zajac - Ryder

Clowe - Henrique - Zubrus

Olesz - Loktionov - Jagr

Carter - Josefson - Bernier

Barch, Gionta

I don't think Jagr is going to play third line, although one could argue that when you roll 4 liones there isn't a true "3rd line", regardless Jagr probably joined the team with the understanding that he would be one of the go to guys on offense. I think he'll play on one of the top two scoring lines.

Also not to call you out but I've noticed a lot of disdain for Gionta on this forum, which I don't understand. Sure he's small and doesn't have much NHL skill but he brings a certain element to our team that I'm sure most other clubs in the league would gladly welcome on their 4th line. Him and Zubrus are probably the two hardest workers we have and the Cart/Gio/Bern line is too good to break up, last season was a mulligan because they didn't play

together too often what with all of the injuries and everything.

I know I've posted a bunch of line combinations already though but how about this one:

Elias-Zajac-Ryder

Henrique-Josefson-Jagr

Clowe-Loktionov-Zubrus

C-G-B

One more thing and I'll end my rant, I can't take credit for this but I was talking about line combinations tonight with someone I player inline with and he coined the Elias-Zajac-Ryder line as "EZ Ryder".

Maybe this was already thought of on this forum but if that becomes a line can we refer to them as that because it's bad ashe.

Who doesn't love a good line name?