Greene and Halischuk in - Murphy and Peters out

msweet

YES!

Finally, Andy Greene gets a chance to reach his potential of being a true offensive defensman for this team.

He was the best Devils defenseman in ALL of those THREE games last year.

He just hasn't been given enough of a chance.....

YES!

Finally, Andy Greene gets a chance to reach his potential of being a true offensive defensman for this team.

He was the best Devils defenseman in ALL of those THREE games last year.

He just hasn't been given enough of a chance.....

Dude, you're not even gonna let him get in a game before getting on him this year? C'mon now. Even you gotta admit Cory Murphy wasn't exactly lighting things up and the change from him to Greene can't hurt.

I am a little surprised that Murphy's coming out in the game against TB though. Thought he's at least get a chance to try to stick it to his old team first.

I am a little surprised that Murphy's coming out in the game against TB though. Thought he's at least get a chance to try to stick it to his old team first.

Agreed. Lots guys get a little fire in their bellies when they get a chance to take down their former team. If it's an away game, they're also more comfortable going up against them in their building than ordinary players are.

I'm surprised Murphy is sitting against his former teams but I think it made sense going into the seasons to rotate Greene and Murphy for a large part of the season to see what both offer. Plus, they're both smaller so this will save wear and tear on their bodies.

It's still a possibility Saturday :P

I do think Murphy can help but he looked tentative offensively the first two games, like he was more worried about being burned on the back end. Maybe sitting out a game or three helps get him back to what he was in the preseason and late last year. At least we got the real waste out of the lineup in the enforcer who won't fight.

Edited by Hasan4978

As long as we're bitching about the defense (something I'm fairly sure we'll be doing often this year), why the hell is Lemaire still using the same pairings Sutter used? Can we please put Martin with White and Mottau with Oduya or vice versa and get a puck-mover with a defensive guy please? I don't get it at all.

As long as we're bitching about the defense (something I'm fairly sure we'll be doing often this year), why the hell is Lemaire still using the same pairings Sutter used? Can we please put Martin with White and Mottau with Oduya or vice versa and get a puck-mover with a defensive guy please? I don't get it at all.

I agree I was really hoping a new coach would break up the pairings. I wouldn't mind experimenting with some new pairings early on in the season to see what works well.

I do think Murphy can help but he looked tentative offensively the first two games, like he was more worried about being burned on the back end. Maybe sitting out a game or three helps get him back to what he was in the preseason and late last year. At least we got the real waste out of the lineup in the enforcer who won't fight.

Murphy did look tentatitve, because he knew that his coach was the type that would bench him after only 2 games. He will never make an offensive impact if he has to play in terror of benching his entire time here. Mike green turns the puck over probably more than any other dman, and probably gives up more odd man rushes than any other dman, but you live with it cause of what he can do.

If murphy does that even once he's probably gone. Tough to pinch in and join the rush under those circumstances.

Murphy did look tentatitve, because he knew that his coach was the type that would bench him after only 2 games. He will never make an offensive impact if he has to play in terror of benching his entire time here. Mike green turns the puck over probably more than any other dman, and probably gives up more odd man rushes than any other dman, but you live with it cause of what he can do.

If murphy does that even once he's probably gone. Tough to pinch in and join the rush under those circumstances.

murphy's defensive zone play wasn't good, it's not about bad pinches. he doesn't have to live in terror of benching, i don't think lemaire is like sutter and i don't think if the devils start winning that andy greene will be in the lineup every night regardless of his play.

Edited by Triumph