2013-14 schedule thread

MadDog2020

I looooooove the long away stretch in the opening month. Get everyone away from home, on the road, build some chemistry, right from the get-go. Better to get some of those Canada teams in earlier in the season than later when they're all gassed. It's no picnic travelling to Edmonton or Calgary in February...

I think we might be seeing Schneider play on our home opener! First game of the season is in Pittsburgh, and then we host the Islanders the day after, back-to-back.

I'm thinking Marty vs the Isles and Schneider at Pittsburgh. It should be Marty's last home opener.

That's what I'm thinking too. Makes more sense.

It's kind of awkward that the Atlantic Division went from one set of teams to a whole new set of teams, but I don't know how else they could have figured out a reasonable name for the division with the Northeast teams and the Florida teams.  The only other way would be to name the divisions after historic people, but even then you'd have people unhappy.  For example, I don't think any of us would take pride in playing in the Bobby Clarke division.

It's kind of awkward that the Atlantic Division went from one set of teams to a whole new set of teams, but I don't know how else they could have figured out a reasonable name for the division with the Northeast teams and the Florida teams. The only other way would be to name the divisions after historic people, but even then you'd have people unhappy. For example, I don't think any of us would take pride in playing in the Bobby Clarke division.

The most apt name for that division would be the NorthSouth Division. But that would reflect the NHL's idiocy to a T and the NHL knows it, so it would never happen. Edited by MadDog2020

So, my planned vacation dates worked perfectly.

Will be at the Blues and Capitals home games at the Rock, then at Yankee stadium for the outdoor game (January 21, 23 and 26).

When I'm visiting friends in Calgary I'll go to the Flames/Wild game on the 31st. I might even rock my Parise jersey.

Happy to meet any board members and have a few beers before/after games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So, my planned vacation dates worked perfectly.

Will be at the Blues and Capitals home games at the Rock, then at Yankee stadium for the outdoor game (January 21, 23 and 26).

When I'm visiting friends in Calgary I'll go to the Flames/Wild game on the 31st. I might even rock my Parise jersey.

Happy to meet any board members and have a few beers before/after games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad that is working out for you! We'll definitely meet up before a game!

Think I may have asked this before, but what arena, in your opinion, is fairly close and would be considered mostly docile towards opposing fans? I'd love to take a trip with the wife and maybe even the kids to see a game this year. Something we talk about every year and never get to do.

Think I may have asked this before, but what arena, in your opinion, is fairly close and would be considered mostly docile towards opposing fans? I'd love to take a trip with the wife and maybe even the kids to see a game this year. Something we talk about every year and never get to do.

The islanders are the closest. After that, it depends on how far you wanna travel. Pittsburgh and Bostons fans are pretty tame. Especially during the regular season.

I've been to 4 Devils-Caps games at the Verizon center in DC over the last 2 years. Very docile to opposing fans, fairly nice arena, and is a great place to bring your family for a weekend with all of the free museums/monuments. Also, both the games in DC this year are weekend games (Friday/Saturday) which is sweet. 

sure he did.  brodeur got 4 back to backs last year, 1 the year before, 8 in 2010-11.  

at least Hedberg was probably the worse goalie of the 2 so you could justify it in some way. You can't justify it at all this year since Schneider's unquestionably demonstrably better

sure he did.  brodeur got 4 back to backs last year, 1 the year before, 8 in 2010-11.  

In 2011-12 it was much more split because Moose was practically Marty's equal, and the Devils weren't life and death to make the playoffs.  He only got one back-to-back closer to the playoffs to get him in gear for the push.  This year they were life and death to make the playoffs down the stretch when Marty got most of his back-to-backs and he was clearly better than Moose.  There's literally no excuse for not splitting every back to back this year unless one of the goalies gets sick/hurt.

btw I only count three back-to-backs with all of them being from the end of March on:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/686/gamelog;_ylt=An0GpNilZsbulyiiDnTOFgdivLYF

Edited by NJDevs4978

It's kind of awkward that the Atlantic Division went from one set of teams to a whole new set of teams, but I don't know how else they could have figured out a reasonable name for the division with the Northeast teams and the Florida teams.  The only other way would be to name the divisions after historic people, but even then you'd have people unhappy.  For example, I don't think any of us would take pride in playing in the Bobby Clarke division.

Just call them the Eastern Division (there's already a Central after all), problem solved.  I guess they didn't want to have an East without a West though, and they wanted an Atlantic/Pacific combo.