NHL Stadium Series - Public Tickets Sale 11/21 @ 10am

Colin226

NHL just announced that tickets will be made available to the public on November 21st @ 10am for this game.. I know a lot of people thought this might not happen, so I felt it was thread-worthy..

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691116&navid=nhl:topheads

The NHL will unveil team jerseys for all four outdoor games of the 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series™ in the coming weeks.

Also, with this sale announcement they released "chrome team logos" for the games and it looks like we will be going retro for the game:

devils-chrome-lg_slide.jpg

Edited by Colin226

retro jerseys..alot of people got their wish on this one

Yeah I mean it sounded like the League was pushing everyone to come out with a special jersey for the game, and this was as far as Lou would allow it.. Some wanted a completely new jersey, but most wanted throwbacks.. And I'm guessing they won't go with white since red is more of a branding element and we're the home team

Do STH get discounted or first dibs on more?

Doubtful.. They'll move these at full price easily and we already had our shot, so I can't see them giving us more preferential treatment here

Damn I wonder how much is left.

I got three tickets to the game via the rangers pre-sale link. Got the cheapest tickets left at $149 a pop plus $102 service fee and $10 shipping free from ticketmaster for all three tickets. They do come with a free limited edition rangers scarf and hat for reach which will provide plenty of warmth when I light them on fire for the game.

As for the jerseys it's probably safe to say it's going to be the red throwbacks with a special patch. Rangers will probably wear either their current whites with a patch or their retro whites that they wore in the late 70's for 2 years with the rangers shield on them. Last they wore those was back during the 03-04 season as part of the vintage jersey series games that the original six teams took part in that season.

I got three tickets to the game via the rangers pre-sale link. Got the cheapest tickets left at $149 a pop plus $102 service fee and $10 shipping free from ticketmaster for all three tickets. They do come with a free limited edition rangers scarf and hat for reach which will provide plenty of warmth when I light them on fire for the game.

As for the jerseys it's probably safe to say it's going to be the red throwbacks with a special patch. Rangers will probably wear either their current whites with a patch or their retro whites that they wore in the late 70's for 2 years with the rangers shield on them. Last they wore those was back during the 03-04 season as part of the vintage jersey series games that the original six teams took part in that season.

i also got my tix from that rangers pre sale, including the rangers gift pack (living in ny I'll sell those easily)

I was thinking they may bring these back from the 2011 Winter Classic (image below), but lord help us if they bring back the Liberty-head jerseys.. Those will get so much attention since everyone seems to have loved them

Edit: Just realized that the Rangers logo appears to be their typical one and only the Islanders will have a modified logo for the Stadium Series. Guess the Rangers may be doing those late 70's jersey afterall

The Isles logo looks terrible.  I can't wait for this game.  Trying to get a couple of buddies to go with me.

I thought the same thing. for anyone too lazy to go look it up, are they dropping blue from their colors or something?? Leave it to the Islanders to make a crappy jersey, it's their M.O.

islanders-chrome-lg_thumb.jpg

Edited by Colin226
  • Like 1

Colin, are you still planning on buying tickets to sell back at face? If so let me know, I'd be interested in a pair.

I did if I couldn't sell any to family and friends but they did end up getting claimed.. Sorry man, though I could try buying extras at this sale and those would go up on here at face value to Devils fans of course

The impression that I get is that these horrible "chrome" logos will be the actual main jersey crests.  If so, they are going to look stupid....but I'll probably still buy one.

i actually like that chrome logo i think its pretty cool looking.. not that i would want that to take over or anything like that but i dig it its catchy wouldnt mind seeing that on the stadium series jersey.

I'm not sure if that logo will be used as the crest for the jerseys.  I think it's just something they put on the ice, posters, ads, etc for the game.

Then again I could be wrong.  Guess we will find out either way in the next few weeks.

I agree. I doubt LL made it so we could use our retro green-red jerseys, but then ok'd the crest being metallic.

I was thinking they may bring these back from the 2011 Winter Classic (image below), but lord help us if they bring back the Liberty-head jerseys.. Those will get so much attention since everyone seems to have loved them

Edit: Just realized that the Rangers logo appears to be their typical one and only the Islanders will have a modified logo for the Stadium Series. Guess the Rangers may be doing those late 70's jersey afterall

I thought the same thing. for anyone too lazy to go look it up, are they dropping blue from their colors or something?? Leave it to the Islanders to make a crappy jersey, it's their M.O.

islanders_fisherman.jpg

They said when they move that they are sticking with the current jerseys but will have a black and white Brooklyn 3rd jersey. I wonder what they are going to use for this.

I wonder why the hell the Ducks aren't wearing the classic jersey? Anyway, I'm very excited for retros.

They're getting a new jersey just for that.  The Ducks will be wearing 5 different jerseys this year.

Their regular home

Their regular away

Their 3rd

Their retro

Their Stadium Series