Zubrus Not Happy

mrthemike

Funny but not true, sorry Zubie but it was one of the most ridiculously obvious penalty calls ever.  At the very least for holding.

I loved how Chico was in super homer mode after this call

"WeellllI I don't know Steve....I mean he certainly has a hold of him but...ya know...Markov didn't exactly try to fight through it, kind of looks like he flopped there"

I loved how Chico was in super homer mode after this call

"WeellllI I don't know Steve....I mean he certainly has a hold of him but...ya know...Markov didn't exactly try to fight through it, kind of looks like he flopped there"

Same thing happened when Merrill slashed and broke the Canadian's stick last night (forget who's stick it was). 

Chico annoys me almost to the point where I want to mute the game and listen to music instead.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Same thing happened when Merrill slashed and broke the Canadian's stick last night (forget who's stick it was). 

Chico annoys me almost to the point where I want to mute the game and listen to music instead.

On the partial breakaway near the end? I actually don't think he contributed to it breaking either.

On the partial breakaway near the end? I actually don't think he contributed to it breaking either.

I don't see any other way the stick could have broken especially where it did. I looked for the replay of it but couldn't find it. From what I remember last night it was definitely a slash.

Maybe I'm wrong. I did have a few beers last night but it looked to me like a clear slash. Both live and on the replay. Chico still bothers me but most commentators do. Especially the color men.

I admittedly was only half watching at that point but on the replay it looked to me Merrill just tipped the end of the stick as it was bent like crazy to unload the wrister and the combined torque with just the tap on the end of the stick caused it to break.

I'm 99% sure that stick snapped on its own (or rather, because of the force of the wrist shot).  I think Merril certainly tried to slash him, but didn't reach him.

I'm 100% on it. I watched the replay like 50 times in slow motion on my DVR. Merril's stick CLEARLY hits the ice a good second or two before the stick snaps.

give him a red card / warning whatever

i just want to watch games without commentators but i do want the sounds of the game / crowd

theres one example i can find: olympic broadcasting games and its great.

here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmS-pztANow

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0GkG5mc0jE

how some of the pre season streams were I loved that felt like you were there