Summer Olympics - London 2012

Devils Dose

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which offbeat sport would you be most likely to clear time to watch when it's Olympic time?

• Handball
    • Diving
    • Fencing
    • Cycling
    • Badminton
    • Shooting
    • Water Polo
    • Table Tennis

Some information:

The Olympic Games start today in the UK. The opening ceremony will be Friday at 4:00 EDT (catch the primetime broadcast on your local NBC network if you live in the USA). These are the games that New York City fruitlessly bid to host all those years ago. This is the third time that London has hosted, the first city to reach that mark. The games consist of 36 disciplines.

Schedule & Results

Television Listings (NBC)

Today's lineup:

Women's Football

UK vs. New Zealand

Japan vs. Canada

USA
vs. France -
NBCSN
12:00

Cameroon vs. Brazil

Sweden vs. South Africa

Colombia vs. North Korea

Tomorrow:

Men's Football

Edited by Devils Dose

I just watched the olympic torch go by. Really good to see so many people out watching the torch go past and supporting the games!!

Althought apparently Mitt Romney would have you believe we arent really behind the games......!!! but thats for the politics thread.

I am looking forward to the Takewan-do and the boxing because they actually have some credibility in the olympics. Also the Cycling, as that is epic in the olympics and team Gb is still on a pretty big high, hopefully Bradley Wiggins can get the time trial gold.

I think it's funny that we had our first of one of those olympic controversies on the first day. For those who didn't hear, the North Korean women's football team came out to the field (I think for warm-ups) and the video monitor displayed SOUTH Korea's flag. So they refused to play for a little while, and the match started an hour late.

How does this stuff happen? :lol: This reminds of that controversy earlier this year where the Kazakh national anthem was supposed to play, but (by mistake) the Borat anthem was played, completely offending all of the competitors.

I think it's funny that we had our first of one of those olympic controversies on the first day. For those who didn't hear, the North Korean women's football team came out to the field (I think for warm-ups) and the video monitor displayed SOUTH Korea's flag. So they refused to play for a little while, and the match started an hour late.

How does this stuff happen? :lol: This reminds of that controversy earlier this year where the Kazakh national anthem was supposed to play, but (by mistake) the Borat anthem was played, completely offending all of the competitors.

suedkoreaflagge103_v-ardgrosswidescreen.jpg

Kim Jong Un was not amused

Edited by eaglejelly

It should be a fun few weeks of sports. As to your poll question, water polo, without a doubt. Mainly because Doc is doing the play-by-play for it

I was pretty much going to say the same thing. I like watching handball too though, but I hope they someday add roller hockey.

I normally hate opening ceremonies, That was pretty fantastic.

Although why they let Paul mccartney play wt the end is beyond me.

First load ostensibly Goldstein decided today. Go MarkCavendish and Bradley Wiggins !!

None of the above, but i took water polo since someone could actually drown. I''' try to catch beach volleyball, of course. Guess that's not "off" enough for you though. smilydev.gif

Athletics (Track & Field) starts today.

Women's 10,000 meters underway right now. It's just crazy to me that they can run 19 laps, and then run their twentieth in 70 seconds, and then run 5 more laps. It would probably take a boatload of training for me to run just one 400m lap in 70 seconds.

The things these athletes can do!

This Canada vs. USA match has been superbly exciting! Turn it on right now if you can, they're in OT.

Instant Classic!!

Agreed, I can't wait to watch this one start to finish. I foolishly DVR'd it without thinking about the possibility of extra time so I'm going to have to re-record it. From fast forwarding through it, it seemed like one of the craziest matches. Really looking forward to catching up on this one soon.

I love Alex Morgan.