Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

I am so sick of everything with our fans "sucking" and you suck, Parise sucks, everyone sucks. I just hate it. It's embarrassing sometimes. I blame the fans and I blame the organization.

I don't like the YS goal chant either, but it's not going away.  You might as well get used to it and move on.

I am so sick of everything with our fans "sucking" and you suck, Parise sucks, everyone sucks. I just hate it. It's embarrassing sometimes. I blame the fans and I blame the organization.

It's not like it's exclusive to Devils fan. It's pretty prevalent in all sports at all levels.

Yes. Hearing the words "you suck" towards opposing players and teams is just so emabarssing let me tell you. God forbid we jeer opposition. Hell having to debate having to say "Hey You Suck" in this day in age is laughable. 2014 and this fan base makes "you suck" like it's the most vile word in the dictionary. The season is almost over. Can we admit to everyone who wanted this silly "family friendly" atmosphere that it's a total fvcking bomb? We were a sh!tty team in 2011 and 2013 and the building was still electric. SNA would be FANTASTIC but Weber and co have made every effort to make it the dulliest, lamest chant in the NHL. If you can even call it a chant. The canned "LGD" that no one chants - basically telling people what to say it akin to the old "WE ROCK!" nonsense that used to show up on the screen. Last night was sort of loud. (As loud as you are going to get with 14,000 in the barn) that's because we didn't have that canned "LDG" chant in there. We wouldnt have to change anything if they would just get rid of the canned crap. SNA is actually pretty catchy.

We have to be the most crotchity fan base ever - debating the use of saying "you suck" in sports. Saying something which is pretty common-place as a saying in this day and age, and which is used as a saying as a synonom for "You stink" and nothing else. Again - god forbid we say the opposing team and their players are awful. Why not just break out participation medals after each game so we don't make them feel bad. Last night's game could have REALLY used the YS chant.

A lot of fans I see need to relax and enjoy the game, cheer and have fun. This is hockey. This is a sporting event. Not Church nor a PTA meeting. And my goodness there have been times this season where I could have actually confuse the two. Could we be any more of a group of fuddy-duddies.

Edited by TheMazz
  • Like 1

This type of social (or anti-social) behavior at sporting events has been happening for as long as you want to go back. The great thing was, it would be just limited to the game experience and you tended to accept it as such and it made it much more tolerable (to an extent). However, people have to understand that the world we live in today is much different then it was 20 years ago or even 10 years ago, hell, maybe even 5 years ago. The expansion of the internet and explosion of social media running our lives has given people a platform and a voice that wasn't available before. It allows them to voice-off 24/7/365. I mean, who outside of those who are regulars among the fanbase would even know a bunch of dorks like the Crazies exist if the reach of the internet wasn't there? Who would know that a bunch of attention whores had a banner directed at Parise during warmups but those at the game? I mean, you can go on and on. 

This would have happened 20 years ago, too, all things being equal.

There's nothing wrong with chanting YS.  But chanting YS after we score a goal is just so stupid and extremely cheesy.

I'm pretty certain the Devils know it's not directed towards them. Also a canned "Let's Go Devils" chant is the definition of cheesy, "We Are Jersey" is up there as well. A lot of the Devils PR moves have been "cheesy". The YS chant is not one that comes to mind.

Edited by TheMazz

I'm pretty certain the Devils know it's not directed towards them. Also a canned "Let's Go Devils" chant is the definition of cheesy, "We Are Jersey" is up there as well.

I'd rather have cheesy positive chants, then cheesy negative chants after we score a goal.

I'd rather have cheesy positive chants, then cheesy negative chants after we score a goal.

How is it negative? Because it's against opposing teams and players? Oh spare me. Nobody is chanting your "positive" canned Let's Go Devils chant and inserting their "You Suck" chant because that's what THE FANS want to chant.

But hey the fans are wrong right? The Devils - this team especally is not one that can afford to police their fans. Know your fanbase and cater to them

Edited by TheMazz

How is it negative? Because it's against opposing teams and players? Oh spare me. Nobody is chanting your "positive" canned Let's Go Devils chant and inserting their "You Suck" chant because that's what THE FANS want to chant.

But hey the fans are wrong right? The Devils - this team especally is not one that can afford to police their fans. Know your fanbase and cater to them

Well, well, well.....mention YS and TheMazz comes out of hiding to post! It's like saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times!

Well, well, well.....mention YS and TheMazz comes out of hiding to post! It's like saying "Beetlejuice" 3 times!

Same could be said for you. I post on other threads though and pop up in chat. Rarely see you around

Edited by TheMazz
  • Like 1

YS is always negative.  People don't tell someone they suck as a compliment.

BTW, I did read the rest of your post.  I just don't feel like responding to it, and I'll let you have your opinion.

We shouldn't compliment the team we are playing against...

What is this...I don't even.

I'll let you have your opinion as well. We're going to end up in the same circle.

You just signed up on this board, don't talk about about how/when others post. 

You should concentrate only on yourself. Like your pal, you've got plenty there to keep you busy. 

You and Mazz will realize you've lost. One day.

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 1

LOL, enhancing game day experiences though chanting "you suck". Go on, tell me more about who is 14?

If you've got no idea the majority of fans have been pro YS, pro rr2, then you'll never understand what the goal song and chant added to the atmosphere. Although that wouldnt be surprising since you actually do sound like someone who signed up yesterday.

• Like 1