This off seasons UFA's and realistic possible trades

2ELIAS6

not a chance.. everyone is all about their money

So based on those quotes from Sakic, it sounds like a $6m drop-dead offer across the board. It'd be valiant if Stastny took it (and I'd have even more respect for him) but I just can't see it happening. Not Stastny, and not O'Reilly (moving forward). Sakic's trying to run things old school, which I can appreciate, but I can't see it working. Add on top of that, Stastny could be one of the faces of whatever team he joins. The young super-skilled core in Colorado's pretty awesome, but like everyone was saying toward the end of last season, doesn't look like they're gonna be able to keep it intact.

Edited by DJ Eco

It will probably happen around the draft so Lou can see who else gets bought out

I think we will know definitively next week. It sounds like Volchenkov is a possibility based on Lou's comments that it was under consideration.

Would not be stunned if we looked into Richards ourselves.

Wonder how cheap we could get Richards for. Wouldn't be a terrible option. I don't think he's incredibly washed up, was just on an awful contract.

i agree id be willing to look into him but not for anywhere near what the flyers gave vinny, and unfortunately someone is probably dumb enough to do just that.

I'd bet money Richards will be an Islander before the end of next week.

I'm not so sure. Isles seem intent on adding a winger for Tavares and at least one defenseman if not two.

Rangers still have to pay Richards the remaining money on his huge bonus I believe. I think that's exempt from the buyout and reduction calculations.

I'm not so sure. Isles seem intent on adding a winger for Tavares and at least one defenseman if not two.

Rangers still have to pay Richards the remaining money on his huge bonus I believe. I think that's exempt from the buyout and reduction calculations.

Apparently, he doesn't want to leave the area. If that's true, its either us or the Isles. Hopefully its the Isles.

Apparently, he doesn't want to leave the area. If that's true, its either us or the Isles. Hopefully its the Isles.

I would be surprised if Lou didn't call. I would do a 2 year deal or 3 year deal. I wouldn't go beyond that. He would help our forwards and especially PP options at center. Henrique could move to wing and Ryder might benefit from having a Richards type.

We could still make a trade for a winger and maybe dump Brunner.

Elias is better suited at center in my opinion in this stage of his career. I think he sees the game better at that position. I'd definitely take a chance on Richards as a winger though, I think he would do better at that position. We still have to move one of Ryder or Brunner in my opinion in order to open up some room to sign a better forward or two. Preferably I want Ryder gone since Brunner is younger and we can use his speed. I also want Ruutu and Zubrus on the third or fourth line. Our entire lineup is a mess right now so I can't wait for Lou to clear up some room on D and F.

Edited by Zubie#8

Wonder how cheap we could get Richards for. Wouldn't be a terrible option. I don't think he's incredibly washed up, was just on an awful contract.

He's sooo slow, his footspeed is terrible.

The last thing we need is another slow bottom-6 forward.

Elias is better suited at center in my opinion in this stage of his career. I think he sees the game better at that position. I'd definitely take a chance on Richards as a winger though, I think he would do better at that position. We still have to move one of Ryder or Brunner in my opinion in order to open up some room to sign a better forward or two. Preferably I want Ryder gone since Brunner is younger and we can use his speed. I also want Ruutu and Zubrus on the third or fourth line. Our entire lineup is a mess right now so I can't wait for Lou to clear up some room on D and F.

Elias is better at wing and he has stated often he does not like playing center. Richards is a center and does not play well on the wings.