$10 box office tickets day of game

2ELIAS6

Sorry if this is a repeat, i know ive heard about this somewhere but couldnt remember where i had seen it. I remember hearing something about being able to go to the box office at the arena the day of a game and being able to get tickets for $10 a piece? Does anyone happen to know a little more information about doing this? is it reliable? i would be coming from an hour away and it seems a little risky to do so i figured id see if anyone has done this before and if it is indeed worth trying. Was thinking about doing this for either this wednesday 3/13 against philly or this saturday 3/16 against the canadians. any information on this would be awsome!

Sorry if this is a repeat, i know ive heard about this somewhere but couldnt remember where i had seen it. I remember hearing something about being able to go to the box office at the arena the day of a game and being able to get tickets for $10 a piece? Does anyone happen to know a little more information about doing this? is it reliable? i would be coming from an hour away and it seems a little risky to do so i figured id see if anyone has done this before and if it is indeed worth trying. Was thinking about doing this for either this wednesday 3/13 against philly or this saturday 3/16 against the canadians. any information on this would be awsome!

They are now $11 instead of $10.  I also heard they cut the number of tickets from about 200 down to around 60ish.  For big games like Philly, Rangers and special event nights, plan on getting there hours in advance.  They usually go on sale at about 5PM for a 7PM game so for a game like throwback night or a Philly or Rags game you probably have to be in line the latest by 1PM to have a good shot at it.

Believe me, after going in that line a few times over the years I eventually swore it off because the line is filled with the biggest collection of mongoloid a$$holes and jerkoffs I have ever seen.  Save yourself time and lots of aggravation by shelling out a few more dollars and buy through TM or stubhub  You will thank me later for it.

Didn't they stop doing that?

no but they should.

They are now $11 instead of $10.  I also heard they cut the number of tickets from about 200 down to around 60ish.  For big games like Philly, Rangers and special event nights, plan on getting there hours in advance.  They usually go on sale at about 5PM for a 7PM game so for a game like throwback night or a Philly or Rags game you probably have to be in line the latest by 1PM to have a good shot at it.

Believe me, after going in that line a few times over the years I eventually swore it off because the line is filled with the biggest collection of mongoloid a$$holes and jerkoffs I have ever seen.  Save yourself time and lots of aggravation by shelling out a few more dollars and buy through TM or stubhub  You will thank me later for it.

no but they should.

The issue is more that it attracts HS/college aged people because it's so cheap. The time waiting on the sidewalk, drinking, doesn't help either.

Edited by ATLL765

The issue is more that it attracts drunk people because it's so cheap. The time waiting on the sidewalk, drinking, doesn't help either.

Add the line-cutting, the inept security and the fact I see many of the older guys standing in that line later trying to sell the tickets in the plaza for 2-3 times the amount makes it a total waste of time.

Add the line-cutting, the inept security and the fact I see many of the older guys standing in that line later trying to sell the tickets in the plaza for 2-3 times the amount makes it a total waste of time.

If they had security out there the whole time, making sure that no one in line is allowing buddy #2,3 and 4 show up 5 hours later, wanting to now get 2 tix each, it wouldn't be so bad, but they just let everyone sit there without telling them sh!t until they just appear, hand out wristbands and tell everyone to wait 2 more hours. Even worse is the weekend games when no one is there earlier in the day. They do a terrible job of explaining how many wristbands/tix there are too. They should hand out wristbands as people get there and then create a wristband and non wristband line. That way, you can get there early, get your wristband and only come back at 5pm to buy the tickets, instead of having everyone sitting there for 6-8+ hours for a big game. It also allows anyone who didn't get a wristband to have an idea of their chances at getting tix are.

Edited by ATLL765

If they had security out there the whole time, making sure that no one in line is allowing buddy #2,3 and 4 show up 5 hours later, wanting to now get 2 tix each, it wouldn't be so bad, but they just let everyone sit there without telling them sh!t until they just appear, hand out wristbands and tell everyone to wait 2 more hours. Even worse is the weekend games when no one is there earlier in the day. They do a terrible job of explaining how many wristbands/tix there are too. They should hand out wristbands as people get there and then create a wristband and non wristband line. That way, you can get there early, get your wristband and only come back at 5pm to buy the tickets, instead of having everyone sitting there for 6-8+ hours for a big game. It also allows anyone who didn't get a wristband to have an idea of their chances at getting tix are.

There are two problem with this:

1) It would make the security guards actually do their job

2) It makes too much sense for the Devils ticketing office to handle.  I can almost write a book on the crap I have seen or experienced with them

If you plan on doing it for the St. Pat's game against MTL you better get there SUPER early.  My buddies and I tried doing the ticket line for that game last year.  We got there at 8:30 for the 1pm game and just missed the cutoff due to people cutting the line as mentioned above.  That was the first time I wasn't able to get tickets.  I've probably done it about 4-5 times over the past few years, including Game 5 of the SCF last year. 

Its great for cheap tickets, but you're not guaranteed anything and have to deal with people trying to cut the line and scalpers who are just trying to make a quick buck. 

what time would you say to get there for wednesdays game if i do decide to try this?

Are you a masochist? Seriously, between the gems of our fan base plus the same bottom feeders who easily make the trip up from Philly, it will not in any way shape or form be worth the wait.

For about $20 more you can sit in the neutral zone at the same altitude.

Are you a masochist? Seriously, between the gems of our fan base plus the same bottom feeders who easily make the trip up from Philly, it will not in any way shape or form be worth the wait.

For about $20 more you can sit in the neutral zone at the same altitude.

Gonna be at least $40 for uppers on stubhub. Still. For $30 and 8 hrs of your time back, it's worth it.

I'd be curious to hear all of your bad experiences with the ticket office. 

There are two problem with this:

1) It would make the security guards actually do their job

2) It makes too much sense for the Devils ticketing office to handle.  I can almost write a book on the crap I have seen or experienced with them

The line used to be cool, but the a$$hole line cutters and drunken fratboys really spoiled it. I don't mind people who want to have a beer on the line, but the crowd who get plastered and start fights are insufferable, especially when they're saving places for their friends.

I'd be curious to hear all of your bad experiences with the ticket office. 

One day when I have a good, solid, uniterrupted 30-60 minutes I will post every bad experience I can remember off the top of my head with the box office.  Until then I have written snippets about my experience with them here on this board over the 3 years I have been on here.

The line used to be cool, but the a$$hole line cutters and drunken fratboys really spoiled it. I don't mind people who want to have a beer on the line, but the crowd who get plastered and start fights are insufferable, especially when they're saving places for their friends.

The above 100% accurate as could be about that line.

The best part is that security does nothing.  When I brought this up to the manager of the box office, the guy said he has no control over the line and that security doesn't either.  Why post a guy out there then!?  Next the manager said that we have to police ourselves out there.  So I asked him then if he can give me some form of recorded permission that I can do such a thing and if it ends up in violence then I have something to prove that I was within my right by the manager of the Prudential Center box office that I could do such a thing.  The guy just stared at me wide-eyed and then backtracked saying to go to the security guard and thus contradicting what he said before to me.

I have sworn off the box office and the money I have to spend extra is peanuts compared to the aggravation and time I could have spent there with the rest of the trash in that line.

The above 100% accurate as could be about that line.

The best part is that security does nothing.  When I brought this up to the manager of the box office, the guy said he has no control over the line and that security doesn't either.  Why post a guy out there then!?  Next the manager said that we have to police ourselves out there.  So I asked him then if he can give me some form of recorded permission that I can do such a thing and if it ends up in violence then I have something to prove that I was within my right by the manager of the Prudential Center box office that I could do such a thing.  The guy just stared at me wide-eyed and then backtracked saying to go to the security guard and thus contradicting what he said before to me.

I have sworn off the box office and the money I have to spend extra is peanuts compared to the aggravation and time I could have spent there with the rest of the trash in that line.

Amen.