Devils Aquire Brian O'Neil from Kings

Zubie#8

Yeah, he's definitely not an Albany acquisition because someone else will claim him if he's sent down on waivers. Interesting move, I wonder if he draws into the opening lineup.

Ah ok. Yeah, I didn't realize he was AHL MVP last year. Definitely a low risk high reward move. Hope he can help.

Know nothing about him

Can he skate?

He also killed it in the AHL playoffs last year.

15 points in 49 games in 12-13. 80 in 71 last year and 20 in 19 playoff games

They heck happened here? He's undersized as you might imagine...but not Joe Whitney size.

Assuming he grew up around his birthplace of Yardley, PA, that makes him a local boy, sort of - Yardley's right across the Delaware River from Trenton.

Ah so he may have grown up in the area during the Devils run of dominance.

Wonder if he's a Rangers or Flyers fan,

Went to Germantown Academy in Philly for high school, played in the Flyers Cup a couple of years, including being named MVP of it in '05.

http://www.homenewspa.com/2015/05/19/from-yardley-to-yale-to-the-ahl-oneill-has-manchester-in-final-four/

Going to guess he probably grew up a Flyers fan (that area is very much Philly suburbs, despite being across the river from Trenton), but I'm really liking the local flavor we're seeing between him and Palmieri.