New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's talk about Scott Stevens... any good stories -- as lame as ou want. Liek Troy -- Mister ask him today and... so have you spoken to him? What did he have to say? Or are you just saying what someone else said... your unnamed source. (yeah - I'm just trying to provoke you into responding :evil: )

I flew with Stevens years back on his way back from the Nagano Olympics to Miami (playing the Panthers that night). Most of the conversation was about his interest in wine and we both got a chuckle that Chico didn't get upgraded to first class and was sitting in coach. :) He said he and his family loved NJ and they planned to stay here after he retired. I last spoke with him during one of the Devils' skates last year (he signed my mini Stevens banner from the night his number was retired). Says he still loves it here and still buying wine futures.

The one thing I noticed is when I shook his hand, it was the biggest frickin' hand I've ever shook. He had hands like a damn Yeti. Even though I was bigger than him, the thought of how fortunate I was that I never had to play hockey against this man entered my head.

Ok, how much time did that kill? And I didn't mention K......... once. :)

If Kovy signs with the Devs, print this thread out and present it to him during opening night ceremonies. Or maybe just shread it and shower the ice.

If Kovy signs with the Devs, print this thread out and present it to him during opening night ceremonies. Or maybe just shread it and shower the ice.

Get it bound at Kinko's and then have Kovy sign it.

Edited by mmajeski06

Get it bound at Kinko's and then have Kovy sign it.

maybe I'm just delirious at this point, but that sounds like an awesome idea

Oh and PK, my doesn't actually own the wild birds, they just sell stuff to feed them. Stevens and Niedermayer were both loyal customers. Elias went to the rival store. Cool story, I know :RD:

Kovy turned down 63 mill over 12 yrs offered by Kings according to espn

If thats the deal the Kings did offer him and if ANY of the rumored amounts that the Devils have offered are true then I'm really surprised he hasnt signed here yet. The kings offer was a 5.25 cap hit, out of all the rumored Devils offers the lowest cap hit was a 7.6.

The LBJ special is sickening. They are going to milk this sh!t until 9:55 I bet.

Ok, back to what really matters, KOVY

Oh leBron. I thought it was a Lyndon Johnson thing. I was thinking but Jerico is on 13. Mystery. Jerico is one of the good ones. Anyhow who cares? Who'd LeBron sign with?