52 replies to this topic

#21 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

They seem to find a way though...wouldn't surprise me if they do it again...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

FINALLY, the Ravens' luck has run out!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,643 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

At least the Steelers and Bengals both lost too...helps the Ravens and keeps the Jets alive, somehow.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

At least the Steelers and Bengals both lost too...helps the Ravens and keeps the Jets alive, somehow.

Ravens hold the tiebreaker on the Pats, so this was a big one for the Patriots, at least for the moment. Patriots really have to beat the Texans tomorrow night though to have any real shot at a first round bye...I have a feeling the Broncos are winning out, which means the Pats have to do the same (both teams would finish 13-3 under such a scenario, but the Pats hold the tiebreaker on the Broncos). If the Ravens win next weekend, NE can afford to lose tomorrow and still have a decent shot at the #2.

#30 FOREVER!

#25 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Bad day for the Giants already. Makes this New Orleans game close to a must-win given the Giants brutal division record. That said next week's Redskins game at Cleveland has TRAP written all over it.

Ravens got lucky in that both Pittsburgh and Cincinnati both shat the bed at home but their quickly dropping themselves to the #3-4 seed and a wild card weekend game with Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, or Cincinnati.

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

So far the Week 14 WTF Award goes to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Ravens laugh and steal this award :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

Two things we've learned in the 4:00 hour:

The Saints are dead.

The Cards clearly aren't trying anymore.

#30 FOREVER!

#28 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

The Ravens laugh and steal this award :P

Meh, not like they sucked...'Skins are pretty good too...and the Ravens have been playing tight games all season...they're just starting to go the other way. Most of their +58 point differential was built on two blowout wins. (44-13 and 55-20). They've also been blown out once (43-13), but 7 of their games have been decided by 3 points or less. They were 5-0 in such games until they dropped their last two...things are evening out...

#30 FOREVER!

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

The Saints are dead.

Guess they ain't dead yet...as good as Eli can be, he still throws some bad picks..

#30 FOREVER!

#30 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

There's a "Help Wanted" ad already in tonight's New Orleans classifieds for "Special Teams Coach".

#31 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

.....That awkward moment when your kicker is your leading tackler ......#saints-football

also....Arizona:
Turnovers 8
First Downs 7

:rofl:

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,175 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

2nd straight week the Ravens defense gives up a long drive to tie/win in the final minutes to a back-up QB.

As I stated previously, I am happy we got out to a huge lead in the division as we are just watching it dwindle.
We are too damaged on D to make a difference this year.

Wow, Seatle looks real.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Seattle isn't likely to have the benefit of home games come playoff time. They also beat up on a team that has now lost nine in a row and doesn't appear to be interested in competing anymore. I can't take them seriously yet.

#30 FOREVER!

#34 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:00 PM

Seattle isn't likely to have the benefit of home games come playoff time. They also beat up on a team that has now lost nine in a row and doesn't appear to be interested in competing anymore. I can't take them seriously yet.

You need look no further then the Bears game last week.....the likely Seattle opponent is likely to be built much like the Bears (or Packers), with the NFC East winner or GB/Chi (Seattle's beat Dallas, GB and won in Chicago already)....no team in football boasts the "impressive wins" like Seattle has....today's squashing aside.....they go to Buffalo then host San Fran, two telling games coming also

#35 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Seattle's defense is very questionable on the road. That would be their main issues. Russell Wilson is a QB that just seems to have "it". I'm not worried about him at all. Even forgetting about this game, they have an assortment of solid wins this season.

But you are right. Seattle's home field advantage is among the best in professional sports, and they won't have any on the road. But who in the NFC looks impressive at all at this point?

As for the Ravens. Manta has been known for a ton of hyperbole over the past few years about Flacco and the offense, but he is right about Cam Cameron. He's trying to do everything to sabotage that offense.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#36 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

I'd hate to be that guy who took the Cardinals +58 in Vegas.

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Seattle does have an outside chance at the NFC West with the head to head and San Fran playing the Pats next week.....it's slim but stranger has happened.....

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,643 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Head-to-head don't matter with the tie lol...for all intents and purposes Seattle needs to make up two games on SF, one of which they can do directly. It's doable though, cause Seattle has them at home and at Buffalo/home Rams as their other games while the Niners have to lose to NE next week since they're not losing to the rotting corpse that is Arizona the last week.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 December 2012 - 11:43 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,467 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

You need look no further then the Bears game last week.....the likely Seattle opponent is likely to be built much like the Bears (or Packers), with the NFC East winner or GB/Chi (Seattle's beat Dallas, GB and won in Chicago already)....no team in football boasts the "impressive wins" like Seattle has....today's squashing aside.....they go to Buffalo then host San Fran, two telling games coming also

Denver has won 8 in a row and and the Colts are 9-4, and the Pats took care of both of those teams. I consider those impressive wins. I also don't put too much stock into them...come playoff time, I think NE can beat or lose to any one of their opponents, home or away.

The road win against the Bears was solid, and it seemed like for that one week the magic that Seattle usually enjoys at home followed them on the road, but Seattle is clearly a much different team at home. If they lose to Buffalo, then win the next two, I just don't know seriously I can take a team that goes 8-0 at home and 2-6 on the road, where they'll get maybe one home game come playoff time. You are right in that it's not THAT farfetched to think Seattle could very well host a wild-card game if they can win out...especially since, like NJDevs noted, they have a game against the Niners, and the Niners have to go to NE.

#30 FOREVER!

#40 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Denver has won 8 in a row and and the Colts are 9-4, and the Pats took care of both of those teams. I consider those impressive wins. I also don't put too much stock into them...come playoff time, I think NE can beat or lose to any one of their opponents, home or away.

The road win against the Bears was solid, and it seemed like for that one week the magic that Seattle usually enjoys at home followed them on the road, but Seattle is clearly a much different team at home. If they lose to Buffalo, then win the next two, I just don't know seriously I can take a team that goes 8-0 at home and 2-6 on the road, where they'll get maybe one home game come playoff time. You are right in that it's not THAT farfetched to think Seattle could very well host a wild-card game if they can win out...especially since, like NJDevs noted, they have a game against the Niners, and the Niners have to go to NE.

Remember, Seattle has a win over New England too :)....I became a fan of Richard Sherman in that one :lol:

It's all about match-ups in the playoffs.....if Seattle plays one of these "high powered offenses that don't block no one" teams, I would expect them to win said game too....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users