Ads?

sammyk

I started it for guests last week, and members this week. I am trying to use tasteful ads. And yes, this is for supporting the site. No ad program is going to cover the full costs.

That being said, if you see something you like please consider visiting our sponsors. If you are going to shop at Amazon consider going through our banner when you do to show your support.

The site will run out of funds this month and a consistent source of income would be nice.

Why the change of heart on ads? I thought in the past it was a last resort option if a fundraiser failed?

I contributed during our run, and have no issues contributing again...

It's not the end of the world, but I do like the site better sans ads.

Either way, I love this site koolaid.gif

or better yet. If ads are here, are premium accounts sans ads on the table? :) win-win.

Unless ugly cliques show up that aren't pre-existing.

edit: Now this is stuck in my head (clique):

Hug_MSG_Incident.jpg

Edited by aylbert

Honestly, the only reason I saw the ads was because I redid my system and hadn't added ABP yet. However, the ads are not intrusive but I believe they are animated. I didn't even notice the lower ad (which is bigger) at first.

Honestly, the only reason I saw the ads was because I redid my system and hadn't added ABP yet. However, the ads are not intrusive but I believe they are animated. I didn't even notice the lower ad (which is bigger) at first.

They annoy me. I completely understand them. But I'd pay not to see them. :)

One quick note on the ads, I noticed the bottom one navigates you away from njdevs as opposed to opening the site in a new window. The top ad opens in a new window but not the bottom. Would just be nice to not lose the site when clickign the ad, but if it's a condition of the ad program, no biggie!

• 4 weeks later...