Niedermayer Banner

sundstrom

The banner they raised to the rafters - the font on the #2 is wrong. I can't add a picture from the game but I'm sure there are pics online. I can't explain it properly but where the diagonal part of the two raises up to the right from the bottom of the number - on the banner it stops short and forms a straight line up. The font of the devils #2 does not do this. In fact, the replica banner they gave out got it right.

Amazing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://devils.nhl.com/

If you look at the Nieds banner in the background, the 2 looks like the one they raised tonight, just not as pronounced.

i see it. while you are right that there is a slight uptick and it's not a direct diagonal, it is still entirely the wrong font. it's actually the font the dallas stars use (among others).

http://i49.tinypic.com/23i87wh.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/23i87wh.jpg

look at the 2 - that is devils font.

now look at this image of dallas stars:

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Dallas+Stars+v+Los+Angeles+Kings+XHzAC8ovtitl.jpg

that is the font on nied's banner (in devils colors). it's wrong.

Edited by sundstrom

That's the 2nd thing that I noticed. The first is that the numbers are inconsistent between Stevens and Niedermayer. Stevens played his last game on 1/7/04 and retired on 9/7/05. His banner has 2005 as the last year. Niedermayer played his last game as a Devil on 4/17/04 and signed with Anaheim on 8/4/05. His banner has 2004 as the last year. They should either both say 2004 (when they played their last games) or 2005 (when they stopped being active members of the Devils).

The banner they raised to the rafters - the font on the #2 is wrong. I can't add a picture from the game but I'm sure there are pics online. I can't explain it properly but where the diagonal part of the two raises up to the right from the bottom of the number - on the banner it stops short and forms a straight line up. The font of the devils #2 does not do this. In fact, the replica banner they gave out got it right.

Amazing.

It's wrong on both the 2 AND the 7. I caught that immediately, as I'm sure many others did. It's also correct in the limited edition print BTW, as well as the mini-replica.

It wouldn't surprise me if the company that manufactured the banner was at fault, and by the time the banner was delivered to the Devils, it was simply too late to do anything about it. I'm pretty sure if WE noticed it, THEY must have noticed it too. I also find it hard to believe they would've have specified the incorrect font when placing the order. The whole thing IS unfortunate...if anything, I would love for the Devils to order a replacement with the correct font.

It's wrong on both the 2 AND the 7. I caught that immediately, as I'm sure many others did. It's also correct in the limited edition print BTW, as well as the mini-replica.

It wouldn't surprise me if the company that manufactured the banner was at fault, and by the time the banner was delivered to the Devils, it was simply too late to do anything about it. I'm pretty sure if WE noticed it, THEY must have noticed it too. I also find it hard to believe they would've have specified the incorrect font when placing the order. The whole thing IS unfortunate...if anything, I would love for the Devils to order a replacement with the correct font.

I'm not so sure about the 7. I know that now, our 7 looks a little different (ie, the top right corner is angled), but if you look at pictures of 2004 and before, the 7 on the jerseys is like the one on the banner, so I think that at least is correct.

That's the 2nd thing that I noticed. The first is that the numbers are inconsistent between Stevens and Niedermayer. Stevens played his last game on 1/7/04 and retired on 9/7/05. His banner has 2005 as the last year. Niedermayer played his last game as a Devil on 4/17/04 and signed with Anaheim on 8/4/05. His banner has 2004 as the last year. They should either both say 2004 (when they played their last games) or 2005 (when they stopped being active members of the Devils).

the lockout throws this into a wreck - i'm ok w/ the years.

Do Daneyko's and Stevens have the correct font?

yes, they do.