Langenbrunner to Dallas. 3rd round conditional pick coming back

DevsFan7545

Josefsen will get some ice time now!

He shouls do anyway, they want him playing at Center, so this doesn't really have much effect on JJ's ice time.

Plus knowing JL's fondness for young swedish players (after typing that it sounds wrong :whistling: ) JJ can expect to see a load of ice time..................... in Albany.

On the one hand, I'm not happy with the return, but on the other hand, he has 7 non-EN goals in his last 56 games and makes nearly $3 million a year - how much could we expect back? It all depended on whether teams were going to buy into the gritty mcgrit thing.

Don't forget he scored the GWG in the last game of the season against Buffalo last year which guaranteed we would play Philly when we should have played Boston.

1. Its great Langs is finally gone. He has presided over 3 monumental playoff failures (Losing to our two biggest rivals in 5 games, with the Devils showing no heart or competitiveness in both series, and blowing the series vs Carolina). We also needed to shed salary and get younger.

2. I think we couldve at least gotten a 2nd rd pick for him

3. This could give us some room to get Salvador back in the lineup when he gets healthy (presuming hes still not, and actually out due to injury and not cap issues)

What an awful return. I wanted Jamie gone, but he should have had some real (2nd round) value. We gave up what will turn into essentially a late 1st rounder for Arnott -- I don't see their values being that different (to a non-Devils team where Jamie wasn't pouting for the last 11 months). What value have the Devils ever pulled out of the 3rd round? Nevermind -- they usually can't do sh!t with their first round pick.

I hope Vanderbeek has let Lou know that the clock is ticking and he's not pleased with recent performances. What a sh!tshow the last year or so has been. He had a shot to do something new and progressive about a year and a half ago... then he hired Jacques Lemaire.

What an awful return. I wanted Jamie gone, but he should have had some real (2nd round) value. We gave up what will turn into essentially a late 1st rounder for Arnott -- I don't see their values being that different (to a non-Devils team where Jamie wasn't pouting for the last 11 months). What value have the Devils ever pulled out of the 3rd round? Nevermind -- they usually can't do sh!t with their first round pick.

5 out of the devils last 6 1st round picks dating back to 2002 appear to be NHL players. That's Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Tedenby, and Josefson.

Two of the Devils' best prospects, Adam Henrique and Alex Urbom, were 3rd round picks.

Langenbrunner was going to be a UFA, so unless the Devils re-signed him his salary wouldn't hinder the signing of Parise.

Correct, but you were still paying him real American dollars. This was simply a cost cutting move, as much as it was moving an aging vet that feuded with the coach, earlier the better as far as Vanderbeek was concerned. JVB has spent WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than what was budgeted for this team for 2010-11. Why do you think Lemaire is back coaching? Free is free.

I can't believe people are bitching about the return for Langs, What did anyone honestly expect? He's not a top 6 forward and he has one year left on his contract. If we were the ones trading for him do you think we'd give up more than a third? Well we potentially got a 2nd round pick, so shaddup everyone.

5 out of the devils last 6 1st round picks dating back to 2002 appear to be NHL players. That's Parise, Zajac, Bergfors, Tedenby, and Josefson.

Two of the Devils' best prospects, Adam Henrique and Alex Urbom, were 3rd round picks.

Says the same person who has said losing a 1st rd pick is not a big deal

On the one hand, I'm not happy with the return, but on the other hand, he has 7 non-EN goals in his last 56 games and makes nearly $3 million a year - how much could we expect back? It all depended on whether teams were going to buy into the gritty mcgrit thing.

In bold (and add in that he's 35 and had to waive his NTC): why would anyone think the Devils were going to get a lot for him? I don't see how anyone could have expected much more.

I can't believe people are bitching about the return for Langs, What did anyone honestly expect? He's not a top 6 forward and he has one year left on his contract. If we were the ones trading for him do you think we'd give up more than a third? Well we potentially got a 2nd round pick, so shaddup everyone.

Have you seen the signings we've made lately? We probably would be paying him 5 mil for 5 years like a certain number 12.

:clap2:

We essentially traded for, at best, a 25 perecent chance of getting an NHL caliber playing sometime down the road. Maybe Lou got the message from VBK to dump as much salary as possible in an attempt to boost the bottom-line, which will be pretty pathetic this year when all is said and done. What a let down.