Volchenkov to Devils

MantaRay

Show me some of this

Damn I saw this live and thought "Wish the Devils hit like that"

Nice signing. I think it would take an act of Lou to get Brodeur to allow shot blocking though.

That's all I need to see to know he's cool in my book. B )

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Lou made a great move by signing Volchenkov but still I am not to crazy on that NTC that he seems to give to everyboy :unsure:

I hope that Volchenkov demolish Sean Avery in the first game against the Rangers. :ECW:

Edited by SS-SS

Most people seem to like this signing, but I'm concerned that the defense isn't very mobile, and with Martin gone Greene is our only puck mover. Plus, the signing of two defensemen blocks young players in the system (maybe Eckford and others aren't all that highly regarded?).

I don't know.

Most people seem to like this signing, but I'm concerned that the defense isn't very mobile, and with Martin gone Greene is our only puck mover. Plus, the signing of two defensemen blocks young players in the system (maybe Eckford and others aren't all that highly regarded?).

I don't know.

Lou said he isn't done yet. He is hinting at making more moves, which for Lou is insane. He usually doesn't tell us anything.

I really like the signing and the Cap Hit it will bring. I love the fact that the A-train will be rolling into Newark this fall. Adding grit and size to our defense is great and I applaud Lou for doing that. I just feel that we still don't have that offensive puck moving d-man. We can't hope Greene will do all of that himself this year so hopefully a youngster gets a shot at the Big Club along with Urbom.

This is okay... depending on the style of hockey they play. If they play like they did 2 seasons ago, they will be sound.

If the defensemen are going to be relied on to do anything other than defend and hold the line, well, that's another story.

Seems like Greene is getting Martin's job as a first pair defenseman. Volchenkov's puck skills are well, interesting. He pretty much has to play with Greene.

this was my thought as well about volchenkov - we have to be going back to 2 years ago. it's going to be a terrible transition game but it's also going to be a hard forecheck. i hope. volchenkov is the better of the two deals for sure, and he can definitely play the hardest minutes and come out looking capable.

this was my thought as well about volchenkov - we have to be going back to 2 years ago. it's going to be a terrible transition game but it's also going to be a hard forecheck. i hope. volchenkov is the better of the two deals for sure, and he can definitely play the hardest minutes and come out looking capable.

Aside from our trasition game MAYBE not being so hot and a hard forecheck, you forget the fact that Volchenkov is going to make other teams think before they come flying up the neutral zone and into the offensive zone. We have't had a player like this since...

I just get a feeling that they're gonna figure out where Volchenkov plays pretty quickly and thus charge up the other wing...

Have faith in Andy Greene. A lot of people round here don't have enough love for him but he was one of the twenty best D-men in the league last year.

Edited by ben00rs

• 4 weeks later...

Since apparently i cannot carry the same sleep patterns i had in the DR last week to home and now i'm still wide freaking awake, i found this hit on youtube from last year. dont know if its been posted yet, but either way its sick

Welcome to the NHL New York Islanders John Tavares.

Edited by ben00rs