Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

Coming from Manhattan, I definitely disagree. I feel like I'm at a 30% off sale at all the restaurants when I'm in Newark. Plus its definitely nice not seeing $13 cocktails on the menus.

Hell's Kitchen is one of the biggest bargains around. You just cannot top the $25 beer vessel, which even comes with mozzarella sticks!

For rizzle.

I need to hit up HK before a game again. Maybe the day after Christmas...

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it to the Arena Bar (Lounge?) tonight. Only took me a season and a half.

The drinks were funky, but I blame the girl I was with for ordering a drink with a flower and an asian fruit in it, of COURSE it was gonna be funky.

Food wasn't bad. I see why people like it, and also why they don't. Tiny place, I was expecting much more - is this because they're still working on the sports bar section?

In all, I liked it as a place to get a quick drink, but it's no Hell's Kitchen...

I was checking out the HOF Boards. Someone said that Brick City Bar and Grille is supposed to open on New Year's Eve.

I have tix to the Sunday Jan. 4 game against Ottawa. I'm hesitant to try it then for fear it will be too packed. But we'll see, I guess.

I was checking out the HOF Boards. Someone said that Brick City Bar and Grille is supposed to open on New Year's Eve.

I have tix to the Sunday Jan. 4 game against Ottawa. I'm hesitant to try it then for fear it will be too packed. But we'll see, I guess.

I have a feeling that place will be packed no matter what game you go for, just because of the visibility. But if you do wind up going, be sure to let me know.

I was talking with a few people on the street before the game and they suggested one on Market to the right of the Gateway - is this Scully's? I've never been there, or anywhere past the Gateway for that matter.

I have a feeling that place will be packed no matter what game you go for, just because of the visibility. But if you do wind up going, be sure to let me know.

I was talking with a few people on the street before the game and they suggested one on Market to the right of the Gateway - is this Scully's? I've never been there, or anywhere past the Gateway for that matter.

Scully's is on Clinton St. When you come out of the Gateway, it's basically the street straight across from you, along the right side of the TD Bank. If you haven't ventured to that side of the neighborhood yet, you should consider giving it a try. Scully's is my favorite pre- and post-game stop and The Spot (one block further from the arena on Commerce St.) is a good place too.

Does anyone know if Arena Bar/Lounge/whatever has opened its "sports bar" yet?

Scully's is on Clinton St. When you come out of the Gateway, it's basically the street straight across from you, along the right side of the TD Bank. If you haven't ventured to that side of the neighborhood yet, you should consider giving it a try. Scully's is my favorite pre- and post-game stop and The Spot (one block further from the arena on Commerce St.) is a good place too.

Does anyone know if Arena Bar/Lounge/whatever has opened its "sports bar" yet?

Okay, thats the place the guy was talking about...I might try that before the game next Friday.

I don't think it has, I was surprised how tiny the Arena bar is. Again, it is possible that I missed the sports bar section if it's even open, but I think the room I was in was the only one open. Could be wrong though.

Definitely a good idea for them to open up on January 2 rather than waiting till the 6th. Now they get two decent crowds this weekend. Montreal on Friday will be 16,000+ and the Ottawa game should be around 15,000.

I am looking forward to checking it out before/after Sunday's game. ... drunk.gif

;)

BRICK CITY OPENED!

Was there opening night and they had a few glitches but overall a nice job and another quality location next to the Pru. Also, Im throwing in my heat for the lunch place/Rio Cruz (on market three buildings from Barros) for before games. Order the Skirt Steak and you can't go wrong :clap:

I went to brick city before the sens game and think its the best thing next to hockey arena. I mean i sat at the bar because all the tables were full and was able to watch the miami(football) game and montreal vs the panthers game. Ive never been to bar where they have center ice. LOL The only thing is i could see that place getting real ugly the next time the rangers are in town.

Question about Brick City, my friends went there the other day and said they ID'd them at the door, are people underage still allowed to go in just for the dining? They weren't sure or not but said the food was amazing, just wanted to check because I'd love to stop by sometime.

I wasn't when I went in, on opening night, but things might have changed since. All I was told was that you have to be drinking age to go up the two steps to the bar area (then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ) but anybody can go to the restaurant portion in the rear.

Edited by The Rock 07

I wasn't when I went in, on opening night, but things might have changed since. All I was told was that you have to be drinking age to go up the two steps to the bar area (then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ) but anybody can go to the restaurant portion in the rear.

Ohhh there's more than one of them. The bar in the actually dining area was staffed by a pretty cute/hot waitress as well on Thursday night, in addition to the actual bar area.

... then you can't see the hot bartender I've heard so much about :angry: ...

I was at the bar on Sunday for the Ottawa game. Tanya was the blond, Tracie the brunette. I had the Mexi-something burger, a pint of Boddington's and several pints of Guinness. Plenty to look at during commercials!

Definitely a good idea for them to open up on January 2 rather than waiting till the 6th. Now they get two decent crowds this weekend. Montreal on Friday will be 16,000+ and the Ottawa game should be around 15,000.

I heard the place was packed prior to the Habs game, including visiting Habs fans.

I went to brick city before the sens game and think its the best thing next to hockey arena. I mean i sat at the bar because all the tables were full and was able to watch the miami(football) game and montreal vs the panthers game. Ive never been to bar where they have center ice. LOL The only thing is i could see that place getting real ugly the next time the rangers are in town.

It's a small thing but it shows they know what they are doing by catering to the hockey crowd.