2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Yeah the Jukes showing up to Yankee Stadium in Rags jerseys annoyed me too. You're supposed to be from Jersey. Act like it a$$holes.

Right, the ONLY reason they were even invited to perform in between periods was because it was supposed to be a New Jersey Devils home game and they are a Jersey band!

I can guarantee that had that been a Rangers home game, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes wouldn't have even been a blip on anyone's radar when it came time to pick musical acts.

I was bothered by Southside Johnny because they suck. Putting Rags jerseys on them was appropriate because they are simply a second rate embarrassment. I would have been embarrassed if they were wearing our jersey that day.

I could care less who Christie roots for. It would not affect my vote one bit, nor should it. I had a chance to talk hockey with him a few years ago and he's knowledgeable. He makes no apologies for being a Rags and Cowgirls fan, but gives the Devils their due and genuinely respects the way the organization is run and the success it has had. Not just your typical NY guido BS like "we're the best cause were NYC brah!"

I was bothered by Southside Johnny because they suck. Putting Rags jerseys on them was appropriate because they are simply a second rate embarrassment. I would have been embarrassed if they were wearing our jersey that day.

I could care less who Christie roots for. It would not affect my vote one bit, nor should it. I had a chance to talk hockey with him a few years ago and he's knowledgeable. He makes no apologies for being a Rags and Cowgirls fan, but gives the Devils their due and genuinely respects the way the organization is run and the success it has had. Not just your typical NY guido BS like "we're the best cause were NYC brah!"

Re: Southside Johnny ... point taken, LOL. No offense to their fans, but as a proud New Jerseyan, I gotta agree with you that it was a little embarrassing that the best the NHL could come up with to represent Jersey on a national stage was a band that hasn't been relevant since the late '70s... In fairness to the Jukes, though, I thought they got the crowd moving that day much moreso than the Jersey Boys, at least that's the way it looked on TV.

As for Christie, I sure as sh!t never meant to imply that his being a Rangers fan would affect my vote one way or another. That wasn't my point. Not in the slightest. I think it's great that he is a genuine sports fan and respects the Devils. But that being said, if he's really that knowledgeable about the franchise, he's gotta know how hard it has been for them to carve out a niche in this area, especially with their arena being a stone's throw away from Manhattan. It's been hard enough as it is trying to overcome all of these N.J. Rangers fan families passing the NYR torch from one generation to the next -- even after 30 years. If the guv really understood what the Devs and their fans have to put up with on a daily basis and if he cared about them at all, the least he could do is tone it down a notch with his public paeans to the Blueshirts.

Too early to say Hawks vs Kings rematch?

Probably not too early...it's astounding but we could very well have the same final four teams as last year.  I don't remember that ever happening in the NHL.  Maybe in the NBA but I can't even think of an instance there off the top of my head.

As for Christie, I sure as sh!t never meant to imply that his being a Rangers fan would affect my vote one way or another. That wasn't my point. Not in the slightest. I think it's great that he is a genuine sports fan and respects the Devils. But that being said, if he's really that knowledgeable about the franchise, he's gotta know how hard it has been for them to carve out a niche in this area, especially with their arena being a stone's throw away from Manhattan. It's been hard enough as it is trying to overcome all of these N.J. Rangers fan families passing the NYR torch from one generation to the next -- even after 30 years. If the guv really understood what the Devs and their fans have to put up with on a daily basis and if he cared about them at all, the least he could do is tone it down a notch with his public paeans to the Blueshirts.

He's a politician, so you can never truly trust what he says.  But I will say this for him, he stands behind his convictions, rightly or wrongly, and when it comes to his sports teams, he is a legit fan and is not afraid to act like it.  In that sense, he seems genuine to me, which I respect and is refreshing in some sense, even though I absolutely hate every team he roots for.

Plus, look at where you hear about his love of the Rags...Boomer and Carton's show.  That show is the worst common denominator of sports talk radio.  He's playing to the 2 idiots sitting next to him going on about the storied history of the Garden, the era of Rod Gilbert, and the best team ever assembled in the history of the sport...the 1994 NY Rangers.  

The fact of the matter is that this is the golden age of hockey for the NY Rangers and their fans...and then best they are going to get from it is bunch of 2nd round exits and a loss in the ECF against their rivals. 

I don't care what party's in charge in Trenton. In my mind, it's an embarrassment when the governor openly cheers for any N.J. team's biggest rivals.

It's really that ^^^ simple... It'd be like if Ohio's governor was an outspoken Pittsburgh Penguins fan during the Columbus-Pittsburgh series. Or the Mayor of Ottawa being a vocal Montreal Canadiens fan. Sorry, but you're on the wrong side of local allegiances, especially if you're spouting off this fake pro-Jersey nonsense all the time in the national media.

Yeah the Jukes showing up to Yankee Stadium in Rags jerseys annoyed me too. You're supposed to be from Jersey. Act like it a$$holes.

What a disgrace. I don't know what they were thinking. I didn't really know too much about them before the stadium game, and thanks to that, I'm gonna keep it that way.

The Kings are just...built for the playoffs.

Plus how good is that Gaborik acquisition looking right about now?

I bet the Rags miss Gaborik and Dubinsky right about now.

Edited by DJ Eco

It's really that ^^^ simple... It'd be like if Ohio's governor was an outspoken Pittsburgh Penguins fan during the Columbus-Pittsburgh series. Or the Mayor of Ottawa being a vocal Montreal Canadiens fan. Sorry, but you're on the wrong side of local allegiances, especially if you're spouting off this fake pro-Jersey nonsense all the time in the national media.

What a disgrace. I don't know what they were thinking.

No it's not.  The Devils aren't playing the Rags in this series or even in the previous one.

The Garden is dead. What lousy fans. Don't ever let them tell you they're fan base is great or that msg is some mystical place. Compete sh!t.

Worst fans and quietest building in the league. From an objective standpoint, I'd put Sabres, Habs, Red Wings, Flyers, Sharks, even Tampa Bay and Isles fans above them in terms of quality and dedication (as well as all Canadian teams, obviously). Aside from the not-so-great 90% attendance number, Devils fans are pretty good, or at least improving. Even Rangers fans are surprised at the chants and atmosphere we have, it's just our actual attendance that needs some more consistency.

The renovated Garden, the new box seats, the Chase bridges, the huge spike in prices now that they're a consistent "two-round playoff team" (OMG!!) has taken a huge crap on their fanbase. And they're the first ones to say so themselves, you should hear the "real" Rangers fans this playoffs, they're angry and fed up. The "real" Rangers fans I know only go to games as a Christmas present, or in one of my buddies' case, a graduation present. Regular people just can't afford $80 "cheap seats" for a Tuesday night game against the Oilers, for example.

It'll be super interesting to see how things change when the Isles move to Brooklyn. I see a lot of defectors as Lundqvist begins his decline and their 8+ year contract players start getting older.

Edited by DJ Eco

No it's not.  The Devils aren't playing the Rags in this series or even in the previous one.

I'm not talking about "right now". I mean, in terms of the 2012 series or in general, when Rangers-Devils games are being played, throughout the season, etc. It's embarrassing, in general, that our governor and his family are Rangers fans.

Edited by DJ Eco

rag fans are quiet on the Facebook

durr LGR LGR. Lucky Graves sweater for tonight! Gonna get Nashty

Hometown - Toms River NJ

Current City - Emerson NJ

now that's the stuff that boils my blood

Same here '7'. Its disgusting.

The worst is when it's someone you know who's all about Jersey THIS and Jersey THAT and pro-Jersey and Jersey pride all the time, etc... In my opinion, Christie fits into that category, which is where my frustration comes from.

The worst is when it's someone you know who's all about Jersey THIS and Jersey THAT and pro-Jersey and Jersey pride all the time, etc... In my opinion, Christie fits into that category, which is where my frustration comes from.

I know... 'Oh I love Jersey, Jersey's the best, nowhere else I'd rather live, blah blah blah... Oh and go Rangers!' Those are the people that can just fvck right off. Its a fvcking joke. Edited by MadDog2020

I got to thinking the rags have been in teh playoffs more often than not for the past few years. Despite changing the team completly 2 years ago. They have very few players that I would want on the devils (mcdonaugh and that's it, although zucarrello seems like a great player). How can they manage to always make the playoffs, what core part of there team drives them.

We all hate on lunqvist he's been the primary constant, and I actually do believe he's overrated, but is it him?

What makes this team tick that they make it to the playoffs year in and out right now.

Edited by Sneax

I'm not talking about "right now". I mean, in terms of the 2012 series or in general, when Rangers-Devils games are being played, throughout the season, etc. It's embarrassing, in general, that our governor and his family are Rangers fans.

He barely got any press and hardly said a peep about it in 2012 when they played each other.  Now you are just looking for something to hate him about.

durr LGR LGR. Lucky Graves sweater for tonight! Gonna get Nashty

Hometown - Toms River NJ

Current City - Emerson NJ

now that's the stuff that boils my blood

Ask any of those idiots if they remember Darren Turcotte and they will have a blank expression on their faces.  Apparently the Rags franchise history goes from 1926 to 1940, then they suspended operations until about 1992 or 1993 when they rose from the dead and became champions of the world.