Sharks Hire Larry Robinson

thefiestygoat

Apparently, he has family (grandchildren etc) that live in that area of California + he's got a good relationship with Doug Wilson.

We have good coaches and now Pete can get a chance to put his own spin on things even more. We will survive without Larry, as good as he has been to us.

He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Honestly, I thought if Larry ever left it would be retirement or Montreal (that I could handle)

but the Sharks? Really?

This. It made sense for Oates to go elsewhere because he wanted to make a step forward and get a head coaching position. But Larry isn't looking to change his position, it also seems he gets along with Lou very well, so I'm surprised he left to do the same for other team.

Anyone that's getting on Larry is still feeling burned on the Parise fiasco and is expressing misdirected anger. Larry's been dragged back here so many times already, came back as an assistant after being fired when Cuniff got cancer, came back as coach when Burns was sick, came back as an assistant to help Sutter/Mac/DeBoer. It was 50/50 he was leaning toward retirement anyway, so taking a lesser job with a team near family works out for him.

The timing sucks with already losing Oates, but hopefully Stevens does take the job full-time.

He was skating with his grandkids after practice when the team was practicing in LA for the SCF. They seem to be between 5-8 years old.

He's done SO much for us - he's earned the right to be a Grandpapa the way he sees fit.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now? :rolleyes:

What, like a suit? tongue.gif

Anyone that's getting on Larry is still feeling burned on the Parise fiasco and is expressing misdirected anger. Larry's been dragged back here so many times already, came back as an assistant after being fired when Cuniff got cancer, came back as coach when Burns was sick, came back as an assistant to help Sutter/Mac/DeBoer. It was 50/50 he was leaning toward retirement anyway, so taking a lesser job with a team near family works out for him.

The timing sucks with already losing Oates, but hopefully Stevens does take the job full-time.

I don't think anyone is pissed by the decision or has voiced any problem with it. Some people probably didn't know the personal reasons behind it.

Wilson is big on tech, maybe he'll be the head skype coach. I don't think much of this. I would guess his contract was up and he didn't feel like going on the road much anymore, and being a roving instructor for the Devils, is still road work.

Wilson is gone, dumbass. LOL. Man I'm tired. The tech point still stands though.

Edited by maxpower

Something about this makes me think DeBoer took the Devils job under the condition that he'd continue with Lou's "company men" assistant coaches for one year, but starting with the second year he'd be using his own guys.

Anyone have any background info on who DeBo's worked with in the past? I know that in Florida he worked with Mike Kitchen, Jim Hulton, and Gord Murphy.

Is some disrespectful, spiteful, selfish loser here going to piss on his NJ memorabilia now and post pictures? :rolleyes:

Is the same poster who always take shots at this fan base going to try to take a shot again when not a single bad thing was said about Larry in this thread? Oh wait, he already did. :rolleyes:

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1

Again I briefly come out of retirement... I didn't see the halfsharkalike bail... But, of course, I saw the enlarged new Stevens bio on the website - after he had no bio last season. So I pretty much knew Larry was gone... :(

Now... For REAL. I retire ... No special assignment coach here...

I'm guessing Stevens still isn't into fulltime asst coach but hell be there if he sees he can really help. That's my take on it anyhow.

I miss Oates. Maybe we can get Hall to replace him. ? :urg: