Game 4 GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

I'm just disappointed. I hope the boys can scratch and claw their way back into this. Even if they don't win the series... just show that they can and want to.

It's disappointing because of the effort put in by fans such as myself and Jamie. We don't have season tickets but somehow managed to make it to 36 regular season games this year, living paycheck by paycheck getting last minute tickets and worrying how to get to and from games and get tickets and food without overdrawing our bank accounts. It almost seems not worth it and that we wasted a lot of time and money. It also seems like we put in more effort than the team did.

I know, that's the risk you take and a lot of people could have done what we did this year. But when your team looks like they have no fight in them... it's frustrating. Right now I regret going in on half season tickets with a friend for next year... already committing to 21 games... I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few months though..

Last year, I was so pissed, I swore I wouldn't renew Center Ice. But of course I did. I know how you feel. Let's hope they come out swinging for Game 5.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just disappointed. I hope the boys can scratch and claw their way back into this. Even if they don't win the series... just show that they can and want to.

It's disappointing because of the effort put in by fans such as myself and Jamie. We don't have season tickets but somehow managed to make it to 36 regular season games this year, living paycheck by paycheck getting last minute tickets and worrying how to get to and from games and get tickets and food without overdrawing our bank accounts. It almost seems not worth it and that we wasted a lot of time and money. It also seems like we put in more effort than the team did.

I know, that's the risk you take and a lot of people could have done what we did this year. But when your team looks like they have no fight in them... it's frustrating. Right now I regret going in on half season tickets with a friend for next year... already committing to 21 games... I'm sure I'll feel differently in a few months though..

Send this part into the Devils. well said.

um - we did.

this is not the time nor the year really to discuss attendance with the devils which for the most part was pretty good all things considering.

No we didn't. There were tons of empty seats, rows of empties in the upper balconies. They were absolutely not sold out. I also don't count sellouts where they are selling club seats for $45.

No we didn't. There were tons of empty seats, rows of empties in the upper balconies. They were absolutely not sold out. I also don't count sellouts where they are selling club seats for $45.

yea exactly. The Devils version of a sell out is not a FULL arena. LOL.

Julien wasn't, Sutter wasn't, Lemaire wasn't, I mean come on. Who is?

It's the players.

Bingo. If Johnny Mac takes over next year, expect the same putrid results with even less scoring. As long as Mottau and White are our best defensemen, and our top players are invisible when it matters most, this team will be a perennial loser in the postseason. I

'm so sick and tired of the tease from this organization... winning the Divison and looking like champs during the regular season and then acting like cannon fodder in the first round despite whoever they're facing.

Guaranteed Lou will give the same, "We have the players to compete for the Cup" speech after they bow out to Philly. I'm convinced the man refuses to make changes because he's attached to the core players like White, Elias, Langenbrunner etc. out of a sense of loyalty.

Bingo. If Johnny Mac takes over next year, expect the same putrid results with even less scoring. As long as Mottau and White are our best defensemen, and our top players are invisible when it matters most, this team will be a perennial loser in the postseason. I'm so sick and tired of the tease from this organization... winning the Divison and looking like champs during the regular season and then acting like cannon fodder in the first round despite whoever they're facing.

Guaranteed Lou will give the same, "We have the players to compete for the Cup" speech after they bow out to Philly. I'm convinced the man refuses to make changes because he's attached to the core players like White, Elias, Langenbrunner etc. out of a sense of loyalty.

For 4 months they have looked like chumps, not champs. I don't really want to say I told you so, 'cause I really wanted to be wrong, and like all of us here, once the playoffs started I had a new hope, and I forgot all I had said for the previous 3 months regarding the poor play of this team and battling the optimistic bunch and those turning point excuses.

Now that I look back is when I realize that there really was not much to expect and they fooled me by winning some games towards the end against some crappy teams. I just hope they get their sh!t together sooner rather than later

Edited by cubanjd305

I love the 'blame Marty' mentality. He played fine in games 1 and 2, amazing in game 3, and made one of the biggest saves you're gonna see tonight and the TEAM did not respond. Yeah, the 3rd goal was weak, but they only put in 1 goal for him... again.

And 'Mr Disappointment' has factored in on 6 of the 9 goals the Devils have scored.

My comments were not intended to blame Marty per se. What I meant was his attitude in the locker room and the way the organization treats him affects the dynamics of the team and the other players. For example, was Langenbrunner, the team captain benched for a game because he was not playing well? When was Marty benched for a game because he was not playing well? As for Kovalchuk being Mr. disappointment? For me as a fan I didn't expect him to just "factor into" goals. I expected an elite player like him to give a dynamic lift to the team, make his line-mates play better and seize a game or two in a clutch situation to bring home a win. I just felt he hasn't delivered that. Maybe my expectations were too high. Simply my opinion

i'm not going to get into this argument - my point is attendance really isn't an issue.

Bingo. If Johnny Mac takes over next year, expect the same putrid results with even less scoring. As long as Mottau and White are our best defensemen, and our top players are invisible when it matters most, this team will be a perennial loser in the postseason. I

'm so sick and tired of the tease from this organization... winning the Divison and looking like champs during the regular season and then acting like cannon fodder in the first round despite whoever they're facing.

i'm not trying to be difficult or come off like a know-it-all but do you have any idea how difficult it is in a salary capped NHL to completely strip and rebuild a team in one year when you consider that part of being a winning team is finishing with 95+ points a year?

there are NMC's all over this team and it's not like free agency and prospects are out there for the taking.

SJ - the textbook example of what the devils are going through these last 4 years (only they've been doing it longer) have barely remade their roster. they made ONE major trade and changed their captain.

there will be between 5 and 6 new players on this team next year through the natural order of things. a major change WILL happen simply because one of Martin or Kovalchuk will not be here.

oh, and as for white/mottau being the team's best defensemen, i have to laugh at that. regardless of how JL wants to pair them up, those two are 4 and 5 on the depth chart right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if you wound up paying less on the whole than a season ticket holder does, that's an interesting test case though.

I wouldn't be surprised if you wound up paying less on the whole than a season ticket holder does, that's an interesting test case though.

i would guarantee that if i wasn't concerned about sitting in my same exact seat for every game, i could go to the same 36 or so games I go to in the Ice Lounge w/ my seasons if I worked w/ packages and stub hub and took the time to work the promos, i would save at least 20% on my tickets.

buying season tickets (assuming you can afford the commitment) is about convenience and the extras the Devils throw in.

If he says that, then Lou needs to go.

The Kovy trade was the right move, but the wrong coach. If he would have just fired Jacques after the Edmonton game and took over, we might not be in this predicament.

Lot's of well deserved frustration here. Let the playoffs finish and then point the finger of blame where it truly belongs, No not Marty, but instead Lou Lams. It time for a rebuild of this team and it's strategies, Lou can't be a part of that.

This is not a team that needs to be torn down and rebuilt, and rebuilding in the NHL is perhaps more difficult than it is in any other sport. While this can be discussed more in an official offseason thread whenever that starts, to rebuild effectively, you usually have to absolutely stink for a couple years. Before everyone starts citing the Thrashers, Islanders, etc., it's necessary not sufficient).

The best example of a team we DO NOT want to be is the Rangers. They're always straddling between making and not making the playoffs, and at best they get picks where the players available usually have the potential to turn out as good as Zajac (good players, but not someone to build a team around).

As much of a negative nancy that I can be, I don't support blowing up the team.

i would guarantee that if i wasn't concerned about sitting in my same exact seat for every game, i could go to the same 36 or so games I go to in the Ice Lounge w/ my seasons if I worked w/ packages and stub hub and took the time to work the promos, i would save at least 20% on my tickets.

buying season tickets (assuming you can afford the commitment) is about convenience and the extras the Devils throw in.

Well yeah any other discounted ticktet is less expensive than club seats, but the club seats don't get offered in discounts - except Game 1 of the playoffs lmao. It would just be interesting if someone did decide to hunt down every little fan mail discount, internet message boards and StubHub and see if they could pay less than people who sit in the uppers with $30 season tickets.

Edited by NJDevs26

We certainly paid a lot less for 36 games than season ticket holders in the 30$ seats did. After adding it all up, it's still a HUGE expense though. Tickets, dinner and drinks, food inside the arena, merch (not alot), gas, tolls, parking sometimes..