(Not Just Summer) Concerts!

thelastonealive

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.

Just scooped up some tickets to go see Jim Florentine, Nick Dipaolo & The Reverend Bob Levy at the Starland Ballroom for March 28th.

Saw them at House of Blues in Showboat last month and it was a pretty good show. Bob Levy was pretty terrible but he got funnier as the evening progressed. Florentine killed, Colin was great but was only on for about 15 minutes and Nick D was unbeliveable. Easily the best comic of the night.

Not sure if Colin Quinn will be the Starland show but you didn't miss much if he's not.

A few months ago coming back from work real late on the train I had to wade through all these lacrosse hair yuppie teenagers and there north shore trash girlfriends talking about how great Dave Matthews is. I finally got sick of it and keyed open a closed car for myself.

Anyway, I've got a nice May coming up, Mike Watt and The Missingmen at Maxwells on the 7th and X at the Bowery Ballroom on the 29th.

Im going to see Phish, which Im kind of embarrassed about, but whatever - I liked them when I was 14 hahaha.

Also the girl and I are seeing Metric in phila, Im not a 'fan' but she likes them - So somehow ive wrangled myself into going to the consummate 'wookie' and 'hipster' shows of the summer, respectively..hahaha. Should be fun on both counts though.

I'm hoping to go see Mucky Pup tomorrow night at Mexicali Live in Teaneck. They always put on a great show.

Man, I'm glad this thread's still around to see a second year of summer concertdom.

This season for me:

I'd love to see VAST on 5/6 in Asbury but it appears unlikely.

No Doubt at PNC in late-June, though it's not actually announced yet

I missed out on The Offspring pre-sale tickets for Starland, so I'm not sure I'm actually gonna get tix or not

All Points West falls on my birthday weekend, I definitely plan to go Sunday (Coldplay, Echo & The Bunnymen, Gaslight Anthem, MGMT, Silversun Pickups) and would like to go Saturday as well (Tool, Gogol Bordello, The Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys)

Hopefully another Eve 6 show, they seem to be playing just beyond how far Amanda and I are willing to travel to see them (upstate NY/Long Island mostly).