NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

At least this'll all be over by tonight one way or another.  No Thursday games, no Monday night finish although it might be a dramatic finish if I'm trailing by a small margin with DeSean on SNF.  I'll probably do what I did last week and go into a hole, not pay any attention to it until 7:30 and just pull up the score then.  Easier to do that when the Jets are totally out of it anyway so that game isn't worth watching, and when you don't have to worry about getting sniped on the pickups of the week the last fantasy game of the season lol

Here are everyone's keeper lists...check your own list to make sure I didn't make a mistake.  Everyone's keeper value is where they were drafted with the round number in parentheses, even if said player was dropped and picked up by another team (a la say Amendola and Nicks on Sworn Defenders being dropped by my team and picked up by his still have the 4th/5th round values). Anyone that isn't eligible to be kept - i.e. cause they were kept last year - is crossed out with strikethrough. 

Crack of 10 FTW!

QB – E. Manning (7), RGIII, Keenum (FA-15)

WR – D. Bryant (2), T. Smith (4), Stills (13), Burleson (FA-15), Goodwin (FA-15)

RB – Forte (1), Lacy (3), B. Rainey (FA-15), D. Johnson (FA-15)

TE – Ertz (FA-15)

K – Novak (FA-15)

DEF – Cowboys (11)

Sworn Defenders

QB – P. Manning (2), Rivers (FA-15)

WR – J. Jones (2), Decker (4), Amendola (4), Nicks (5), Douglas (FA-15)

RB – Mathews (5), Mendenhall (6), A. Brown (8), F. Jackson (11), Wilson

TE – Gronkowski (6), D. Walker (FA-15)

K – Dawson (14)

DEF – Rams (12)

New Jersey Swamps

QB – Rodgers (1), Roethlisberger (9)

WR – D. Jackson (7), Cooper (13), Randle (13), K. Allen (FA-15), Harvin (FA-15)

RB – Peterson, T. Richardson (1), Murray (3), Moreno (10), Gerhart (FA-15)

TE – J. Thomas (14)

K – Gostkowski (13)

DEF – Lions (FA-15)

Crack of 7 West Side

QB – Stafford (7), A. Smith (11)

WR – C. Johnson (1), R. White (3), Floyd (8), N. Washington (FA-15), McCluster (FA-15)

RB – Spiller, McFadden (4), D. Williams (5), Hillman (9), Powell (14)

TE – Graham (2)

K – Nugent (15)

DEF – Bengals (10)

Long Island Iced Z

QB – Dalton (5), Cousins (FA-15), Glennon (FA-15)

WR – Green (1), V. Jackson (3), Patterson (13), Edelman (FA-15), Sanders (FA-15)

RB – Bush (2), J. Bell (13), P. Thomas (15), Jennings (FA-15), M. James (FA-15)

TE – Witten (4)

K – Crosby (FA-15)

DEF – Seahawks (6)

Dynamo Nation

QB – R. Wilson (5), Romo (7)

WR – D. Thomas (2), Fitzgerald (3), A. Brown (4), D. Hopkins (11)

RB – Lynch (1), L. Bell (9), A. Morris

TE – Bennett (9), Clay (FA-15)

K – Gould (14), Folk (FA-15)

DEF – 49ers (7), Bears (10)

VALUE = GREATNESS!

QB – Palmer (10), Manuel (12), Kaepernick

WR – B. Marshall (2), Garcon (5), J. Nelson (6), J. Jones (8)

RB – Gore (1), Sproles (3), L. Miller (4), B. Tate (6)

TE – G. Olsen (7), Cameron (12)

K – Hauschka (14)

DEF – Chiefs (13)

MantaRavens

QB – Brees (1)

WR – Colston (4), J. Gordon (7), G. Tate (8), Crabtree (14)

RB – J. Charles, Ball (6), Todman (FA-15), D. Brown (FA-15)
TE – V. Davis (3), Pitta (FA-15)

K – Tucker (14)

DEF – Ravens (FA-15), Dolphins (FA-15)

WackMC’s

QB – Ryan (3), Foles (FA-15)

WR – Cruz (4), Hilton (7), K. Wright (FA-15), Royal (FA-15)

RB – Ridley (1), C. Johnson (2), Stacy (FA-15), Ellington (FA-15)

TE – Gonzalez (5), J. Reed (FA-15)

K – Succop (FA-15)

DEF – Patriots (11), Browns (FA-15)

Big Blue

QB – Luck (5), Tannehill (15)

WR – A. Johnson (3), Bowe (4), Wallace (7), S. Johnson (10), D. Moore (15)

RB – Rice (1), Jones-Drew

TE – Cook (8), Rudolph (12), Chandler (FA-15)

K – Walsh (14)

DEF – Falcons (FA-15), Colts (FA-15)

DR

QB – Newton (3), Cutler (12)

WR – Shorts (6), S. Smith (7), E. Sanders (12)

RB – McCoy (1), Ivory (4), Woodhead (9), Blount (FA-15), Tolbert (FA-15), Vereen

TE – H. Miller (FA-15)

K – Prater (14), Vinatieri (FA-15)

DEF – Panthers (13)

Masked Marauders

QB – Brady (3)

WR – Welker (4), Boldin (6), Thompkins (7), Jeffery (11), Dobson (FA-15)

RB – Foster (1), S. Jackson, Bernard (5) , Green-Ellis (8), Helu (FA-15), Snelling (FA-15)

TE – G. Graham (FA-15)

K – Bailey (14)

DEF – Buccaneers (13)

And just for kicks my early predictions on keepers - which I'll probably be off on at least half of them:

Crack of 10 - Lacy (3)

SwornD - P.Manning (2)

Swamps - J.Thomas (14)

Crack of 7 - Graham (2)

IcedZ - Jennings (15); I'm guessing he'll be the Raiders' RB next year

Dynamo - A.Brown (4)

VALUE - Cameron (12)

Manta - Gordon (7)

WackMC's - Foles (15); the most fascinating keeper decision between Foles/Stacy

Big Blue - Tannehill (15)

DR - McCoy (1)

Masked - Jeffery (11)

Edited by NJDevs4978

Holy s*it  :blink:

Maybe like the 2004 Red Sox I needed to break MY playoff curse of the last several years in the most preposterous fashion possible. From 4-7 and clinically dead (two games behind multiple teams) to an epic five-game stretch of do-or-die wins against either playoff teams or playoff hopefuls is beyond comprehension in a competitive league like this - all WITHOUT A-Rod or really AP for the whole playoffs.  This impossible run made up for all the bs of the prior few seasons - 10-3 one-and-dones, playoff upsets galore, ill-timed injuries, Vick's QB draw on MNF, all of the ghosts are gone now  :clap:

welp looks like i started the wrong qb and its going ot cost me the title. 

though that 15 points in a 2 minute window that has got from thomas and murray hurt too

I was praying you left Dalton on the bench when I heard it was going to rain in Washington - though I figured you were starting Cousins as an either/or (it'll be good for your fantasy team or your real team) anyway.  Especially since the Dalton-Green combo killed me the last time we played and was likely to do it again against the Vikes, though it seems as if Dalton more often than not has his good games on your bench.  I know that feeling...Big Ben was kind of like that for me till today.  You had a terrific season though, and a good playoff run yourself.

I couldn't bear to look at any scores till 7 except the Jet game, I did watch that though I covered the ticker below on my TV cause I didn't want to see anyone else's stats  :lol:  Now that I have though...it's time for my final YouTube of the season.  Predictable but fitting nonetheless:

Edited by NJDevs4978

well at least i dont feel bad because even if i started dalton i would still have lost. id be up by 1 and you would still have jackson left so yeah. 

im not mad though i had 0 faith in this team going into the season, i drafted horribly, i was expecting like a 8th or 9th place finish, and i made the finals, so s'all good

grats though

I was looking forward to this match up, just not for 3rd place :doh1:

Honestly I for got there was a thrid place game and never chacnged my line up...... Hopegully I did well have not even looked!

Well you are in the drivers seat right now.  So it should be interesting tonight.

Congrats Hasan.

Maybe this year we can add to the keepers...   It would add complexity; but I wouldn't mind adding a roster spot and adding rookie draft to start the draft.  
Where we can keep the rookie for up to three seasons  (to account for development... they aren't all studs to start).   Each rookie draft, you can choose to keep your current rookie (up to 2x), or draft a replacement rookie.

Or maybe longer?    

Congrats Hasan.

Maybe this year we can add to the keepers...   It would add complexity; but I wouldn't mind adding a roster spot and adding rookie draft to start the draft.  

Where we can keep the rookie for up to three seasons  (to account for development... they aren't all studs to start).   Each rookie draft, you can choose to keep your current rookie (up to 2x), or draft a replacement rookie.

Or maybe longer?    

Anything that lets me hoard Eddie Lacy longer I'm all for :lol:

I'm also always in favor of he who drafts and waiver wires wisely should be rewarded

but what if say...I keep Lacy next year, choose NOT to keep him the next, is that the end of his rookie keeper status?

Anything that lets me hoard Eddie Lacy longer I'm all for :lol:

I'm also always in favor of he who drafts and waiver wires wisely should be rewarded

but what if say...I keep Lacy next year, choose NOT to keep him the next, is that the end of his rookie keeper status?

Well, you wouldn't be able to keep Lacy this year; since he wasn't in the rookie draft round :)   Start fresh.

But yeah; once you release your rookie; he's no longer a rookie keeper.

Year 1:  Everyone drafts a rookie first.   Perhaps in reverse order of Round 1 of the draft.

Year 2:  Teams decide if they want to keep their rookie, or dump him for a new player.    If everyone keeps their rookie, it's a full round of keepers...  but if say 4 found studs; the round would have 8 people; which would increase the odds of someone else finding a stud...    

Year 3: This would be your last year to keep your player from Year 1...   so this could be the lightest of the cycle, as you have Year 1 and Year 2 rookies that people are amped on.

Year 4: Year 1 rolls off...   Year 2/3 rookies can still be kept, and those who got lucky in year 1, must release their rookie and draft a new rookie again.   You couldn't use your regular keeper for him; but you could get lucky and draft him again in round 1/2/3 etc.        

I don't think it would be that much work to keep track of.  In the draft, it would just be noted as RK1, RK2, RK3  (rookie keeper year 1,2,3)

If your rookie completely sucks, you can drop him and you still have an extra roster spot for the rest of the year.   But I would imagine most would be holding their rookie because of the potential value he has later.

Just a thought.

Personally I think rookies add to the unpredictability of the main draft and would rather it not be a seperate no-risk entity.

But it also adds to the longevity which I like better.   Reverse snaking the draft would allow for some parity in it too.  So if you are at #12; you'll get the top rookie of your choice, etc.    Which could be awesome if you have a first round stud your keeping, and could sneak into the #12 spot.   (a lot of luck involved for the 'worst' case exploitation).

I think you'll still see a run on rookies because of the keeper aspect; but it would stabilize rounds 3/4 etc I'd imagine; especially the first year when we all need to pick.

would there still be the regular keeper as well??

In my proposal; yes.   Keepers would be unchanged, but we would introduce a 1 round rookie draft, which would precede the regular 15 round draft.    So our rosters would bump up to 16.    

Later on (after the draft completes), if you want to drop your rookie for a kicker... more power to you...  but I think most would keep the rookie for his keepers value...  obviously, those on the tail end of the rookie draft may have busts...

Oh and what happens if some rookie goes undrafted but bubbles up during the year and you pick him up during the season. Shouldn't you have the option to use that player as your rookie keeper?

Or for that matter say someone dropped their rookie pick and you pick that player up?

Edited by NJDevs4978

And at what point would we have to decide to keep the rookie before the draft? If it was in place this year and I took say EJManuel (or some other iffier call) I might want to see where I'd be slotted in the rookie draft next year before deciding to keep him or not.

Oh and what happens if some rookie goes undrafted but bubbles up during the year and you pick him up during the season. Shouldn't you have the option to use that player as your rookie keeper?

Or for that matter say someone dropped their rookie pick and you pick that player up?

Again, only a proposal...  but I envision we would pick draft order first.  Once that is set, that sets the rookie draft order  (inverse of round 1).

If a rookie goes undrafted, he is no longer a 'rookie'... he's a free agent you picked up, and get to keep for a 15th rounder the following year; but not for three.    The rookie keeper, would be only for the rookie you drafted in that round... not all 'rookies',    It rewards scouting and luck related to that pre-season;  but doesn't reward you for three years because you snagged a QB/RB etc first; when the starter they were behind became injured; and they are now the man going forward.

Likewise, if you drop your rookie, he's just a free agent and would follow those rules.  Someone could drop a top round player; but why would they?   And unlike the hockey league, all 12 of us are rather legit and wouldn't sink our teams like that.  In the hockey league, I could see someone new just randomly dropping because someones out a game or two :)

Edited by aylbert

I dont like the idea, im with Hasan and the whole rookies ad dunpredictability to the main draft. 

However, i dont like the whole keep a rookie for 3 years. If we do go for a rookie round it should be 1 rookie keeper and 1 normal keeper, but make it go with the same rules as a normal keeper

I'm not a big fan of having a rookie designation if only twelve guys are going to qualify for it, and not 'all' rookies.  Next year might be one where you have more than twelve offensive rookies contributing too.  At least with the regular keeper everyone qualifies in some way or other.  

The one thing I like is the extra roster spot...fifteen can be a real challenge sometimes between byes/injuries (though conversely the draft will be even more convoluted late...as it is it's hard to find draftable players in the last few rounds, adding another round will just muddle that further, not to mention we'd have to start it even earlier which would annoy CRASHER).  

I don't mind the rookies being kept longer if we were to pass the rule though.  Having a rookie for only one extra year lessens the incentive to keep them on the roster throughout the season, and lessens the impact of having them.