NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

What a Monday night dud  :glare:

Still the highest scoring team in the league (barely)...but have now lost four of five and up against Team VALUE this week.  There's a very real chance I don't even MAKE the playoffs this year  :doh1:

I did not even watch last night because I was sure iwas going to lose to you...  wake up today and I'm 4-3....  And I've noticed the best way to be goo din this league is have the team you ar playing on a down week...I think I have the least pts aginst.... and I'm in 4th!

Id go as far as saying most of the leagues running back situation is poor. I'm glad I nailed some Elite recivers so i can get away with my RBs being average (and average they have been).

I think i may have single-handedly fixed the legend Andy Dalton though lol. I started him two weeks in a row now and he's on fire.

Yeah, it's kind of hard NOT to be bad at the RB position considering there was iffy depth to begin with combined with the # of 'sure' things (like Martin, Spiller, etc) that have blown up.  That's why I didn't want to go crazy during the draft overpaying for mediocrity - and now I'm glad CRASHER jacked me on Mendenhall.  

I thought my depth was pretty tenuous coming out of the draft but my Moreno hunch paid off big-time as it turned out. Of course given Moreno and Murray's respective injury histories I'm still one black Sunday away from disaster....and Murray better get his ass back by next week or I might have to start McGahee during Moreno's bye :P

It's kind of amusing looking at overall RB points.  Murray's 11th among RB's in total points and he had his bye, and already missed one and a half games.  Gio Bernard and Woodhead (not exactly starting RB's) are the next two after him and Joique Bell and Jacquizz Rodgers are both in the top twenty lmao.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just goes to show that Running Back is turning into the new Wide Receiver and vice versa.  I've seen some leagues drop a RB from the starting lineup, and to be honest I think that fits the depth better.

You're always going to have some churn at the position due to its very nature...MJD is probably a great example of that...and also some injury concerns (hi, Doug Martin!).  But it's fair to say now that, when we examine usage, there will probably be 10-12 teams that feature one back significantly more than others, and the rest just throw a committee out there.  RB will become the new touchdown-dependent position, and the rest is where you'll get your yards.

As for this week, I was hoping to squeeze 10 points out of Olsen in the flex, but it doesn't appear to have worked...this is a rough week for me on the byes, Marshall has done wonders for me this year.  It's going to be closer than the box indicates unless KC feasts on Jason Campbell's tears this weekend.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

As for this week, I was hoping to squeeze 10 points out of Olsen in the flex, but it doesn't appear to have worked...this is a rough week for me on the byes, Marshall has done wonders for me this year.  It's going to be closer than the box indicates unless KC feasts on Jason Campbell's tears this weekend.

You didn't get a big game from KC but you sure got a big game from your Niners against a FCS team, and Jordy siphoning off Rodgers' production with Jones out.

I got screwed with byes and injuries too - and Julius Thomas leaving early didn't help either.  Before the game, I was literally either down to playing McGahee or cutting him and picking up Greg Jennings.  Good thing I didn't bother to do the latter, not like McGahee helped much but I may still need him as a placeholder next week if Murray has a setback.

3-5 now unless Hauschka blows out his leg on the opening kickoff tomorrow.  Need at least four of five wins to have a realistic shot at the playoffs this year...guess it's just not my season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I would love a record breaking day by Lynch. Im down 43. so 250 yards and 3 TDs CMON! 

the ONLY breaking Lynch better do tonight is his ankle....I will rescind the cheese fries if I get Monday Night fraked again by a last game player :P

your magic Marshawn number is 14 points.....embrace it......

Getting pretty lucky this season. It's funny because I forgot to fill my flex spot yesterday and realized around 5pm. I had very few options for receivers left and was left with the decision of starting Jerome Simpson or Tavon Austin. So basically I was deciding on Ponder or Clemens and had to go with Ponder. Jerome Simpson gets 1 catch and 1.8 points and it beats Austin and his 1 catch for 0.9 fantasy points. That .9 extra being the difference.

So any possibility Yahoo has scoring changes tomorrow or have they gotten better at getting it right the first time? :P

If they don't have scoring changes, looks like not one but TWO games will get decided by .56 of a point lol

How did you lose, I thought you were up by 2+ points going into MNF??

He had Haushka (kicker) and I had nobody left. I'm amazed he only got two points as it was, of course it had to be two to torture me further.

And it was a 1.5 point lead going into MNF.,.I knew going in anything more than a 1 would sink me.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Way way WAY too close.  Should have started Miller over Sproles anyway, so I consioder myself lucky to get that one.  (Although to be fair, unless Arian Foster goes down for any length of time, it's going to be a weekly guessing game)

6-2, essentially 3 wins away from a playoff spot locked up.  Bring it Clown!  :P

Man, in my other league, gonig into the night games, I had a 60 point lead. I looked at the scores today after wathcing the game and not fantasy numbers, and see I was only up 10. Sigh. I hate Andre Johnson. Now he has the bears QB and Alshon Jeffrey and I only have the GB kicker, so im hoping for GB to dominate the game. :I

at least here, I knew I was losing after the thursday night debacle. 

lol even when I win I might get fvcked.  Oh well guess I need Big Ben to play hero now...or start waiver-wiring QB's the way I did the one year I actually made the finals  :P

At least it's ridiculously wide open.  Only VALUE (7-2), Clown (3-6) and Big Blue (2-7) aren't either 5-4 (six teams) or 4-5 (three teams).

Edited by NJDevs4978