congrats to the 2013-14 Champs, the Kings

msweet

I don't go into any businesses that are supporting or are decorated with Rangers stuff.  NJ is Devils Country, is what I tell people who mention the finals to me.   I want this to be the most boring/lopsided get over quick series. LGK! 

Whoever makes that decision is probably a Rag fan, that's why.

sounds like Eddie Olczyk is running that joint

I was wondering who Eddie would root for if Chicago won and played the rags in the finals, but now that L.A. won he's gonna be hard to listen to (if he's doing the games)

According to all the NY area radio and newspapers, the Rangers will win this series solely based on the fact that they have "destiny" on their side.  I kid you not.

NY Post almost every expert is picking the Rags and saying something to the effect of "well the Kings are def the better team on paper and on the ice, but the Rags will win because of destiny."

These same idiots 2 years ago said the Devils will lose to the Kings because Kings were just better.  I guess to them Devils just didn't have "destiny" on their side.

I wouldn't figure on the Ranger's small size as much a "shortcoming". Yeah Zuccarella and MSL are under 5'8", but Boyle is 6'7", Nash is 6'4", and Kreider checks in at 6'3". They've got size on their forwards.

Nash is big but doesn't use his size, I really don't know why. Boyle is big and does use his size, as does Kreider, but that's where it stops and ends with that lineup. Who else do you have, Dorsett?

Whereas, the Kings have a team full of Kreiders.

According to all the NY area radio and newspapers, the Rangers will win this series solely based on the fact that they have "destiny" on their side.  I kid you not.

NY Post almost every expert is picking the Rags and saying something to the effect of "well the Kings are def the better team on paper and on the ice, but the Rags will win because of destiny."

These same idiots 2 years ago said the Devils will lose to the Kings because Kings were just better.  I guess to them Devils just didn't have "destiny" on their side.

I know I'll catch some flack for saying this, but I hate the narrative I'm seeing around NY that "The Rangers deserve the Cup because of what Moore and St Louis have been through." The Moore story is touching and yes, he probably deserves the Masterton Trophy, but no one "deserves" anything when it comes to a Stanley Cup. On the MSL side, yes it was pretty crazy the kind of turnaround the team took after his mother's passing, but let's not forget this is the guy that paralyzed his former team he was a captain of, with a trade request limited to one destination. Granted, Yzerman made the most of it and got a good return, but that really soiled the feelings I've had as a fan of MSL throughout his career, he doesn't just "deserve" this Stanley Cup. Fight for it, and if you can manage to beat the Kings, then okay, maybe your team "deserves" the Cup, then.

According to all the NY area radio and newspapers, the Rangers will win this series solely based on the fact that they have "destiny" on their side. I kid you not.

These same idiots 2 years ago said the Devils will lose to the Kings because Kings were just better. I guess to them Devils just didn't have "destiny" on their side.

This is no shock to me. I haven't heard anyone in the NY media pick the Rangers to lose yet.

This is no shock to me. I haven't heard anyone in the NY media pick the Rangers to lose yet.

In just a vacuum, it is not the fact that they are picking the Rags just based on faith and destiny.  What really grinds my gears (insert Peter Griffin pic here) is that these same writers and bums didn't have that same faith in destiny for the Devils 2 years ago.  I know they are NY papers but they also cover the Devils as well (as in the case of the Post while the Daily News only covers hockey when it feels like people will care).

In just a vacuum, it is not the fact that they are picking the Rags just based on faith and destiny. What really grinds my gears (insert Peter Griffin pic here) is that these same writers and bums didn't have that same faith in destiny for the Devils 2 years ago. I know they are NY papers but they also cover the Devils as well (as in the case of the Post while the Daily News only covers hockey when it feels like people will care).

And that doesn't shock me at all. The NY Post? The most anti-Devils paper on the planet, picked the Devils to lose in 2012 but is picking the Rangers to win because they think its 'destiny'? If you told me they printed anything OTHER than those things with regard to the two series, I'd be floored lmao.

Not sure why this would upset any of you guys. The second the Rangers start feeling the hype of being the favorite to win, they've historically let everyone down. I think this may have been their one year they assumed the underdog role and things have been going well for them. Let the NY papers plan the victory parade, I guarantee it'll end badly.

Not sure why this would upset any of you guys. The second the Rangers start feeling the hype of being the favorite to win, they've historically let everyone down. I think this may have been their one year they assumed the underdog role and things have been going well for them. Let the NY papers plan the victory parade, I guarantee it'll end badly.

Thing is, in a seven game series, anything can happen. The Rags are dogs for sure, but I wouldn't be shocked if they win it because Lundqvist is so much better than Quick. NYR has had a pretty damn easy road to the cup and LA is far and away the best team they've played. We'll see

Some people are underestimating the Kings and their road to the SCF. They faced literally the TOP offensive teams in the league, as well as being just as inept offensively as the Devils in the regular season yet here they are. Quick is due to have at least a good series. If they can get through those teams then they can beat the Rangers who are not as skilled as what the Kings faced. We'll find out soon enough...

I don't blame him for being pissed off, but he's a Ranger fan. From NJ. So fvck him double.

Knowing how things work though, someone will probably give this sh!t-stain tickets because they feel bad for him, even though the seller of the original tickets is obviously a fvcking moron.

Edited by MadDog2020

I don't blame him for being pissed off, but he's a Ranger fan. From NJ. So fvck him double.

He should know that when something is too good to be true it probably isn't.

Plus he is comparing his incident, which is a listing error, to another one regarding World Series tickets which was caused by fake tickets.  Stubhub had to make good on the fake ticket.  Here it's just a mistake on the part of the seller so should they completely screw the seller for a typo to appease the buyer?  Stubhub already offered him $300 and he is still being a baby about it.

But yeah a Rags fan living in NJ is useless.

Knowing how things work though, someone will probably give this sh!t-stain tickets because they feel bad for him, even though the seller of the original tickets is obviously a fvcking moron.

Meh, that one's on the seller.  Seller fvcked up. 

That being said, the buyer should've known something was up and this was likely way too good to be true, but all the seller had to do was make sure he had his numbers right...a little proof-reading goes a long way.  I would make damned sure everything was correct before putting up tickets like that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976