Mayor Cory Booker: Devils owner let Newark down

Rock

http://blog.nj.com/njv_guest_blog/2012/04/jeff_vanderbeek_setting_the_re.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Jeff Vanderbeek: Setting the record straight on Cory Booker's attacks

Newark Mayor Cory Booker’s bitter, personal attack on me is something I can’t stop. He’s also called me a straight shooter and a lifelong friend. But that doesn’t matter either. Instead, what everyone must focus on are the facts he claims in his attack, and here, the mayor is so far off base that the record must be corrected.

Jeff's not much of a wordsmith... but he definitely took the high road in this debate. Who's the hi-fallutin huckster now!!@?#

He took three jabs at Booker (two in his first 3 paragraphs) which are unrelated to the kerfuffle at hand. I wouldn't really call that the high road.

Well done by JVB. Booker may be able run into burning buildings and save people's lives, but he's not a good lawyer and he is quickly learning that when you have no factual basis for the story you're trying to spin, and resort to childish name-calling and over-the-top theatrics to distract from the real facts, even the biggest superhero can look foolish.

• 3 weeks later...