Anthony Brodeur drafted by NJ

SterioDesign

A few hours before Marty had been informed the job he has had for two decades was under threat, how do you take the edge off that? Draft his son. Oh and let him announce it, and give him a hat and a jersey , and do a TV interview. :P

Great to see, having read a bit about Anthony over the years he has so much to work on to be sucsessful at each of the next levels he will progress too, but this is a nice step for him , and he couldnt have a better resource at his finger tips than his old man for advice.

Probably before the deal was complete on Saturday there was a discussion within the management ranks of the Devils about the up coming goalie situation. Do we tell Marty...... NO. We know he is done, does he? So we get Cory Schneider and that sends the message to both Hedberg and Marty.  Cory has two yrs  and then he is a  UFA, if he doesn't start the second year then why not test free agency so Marty know this is his last year to fight for the starting job during training, should he not be his best then start Cory. 2nd year for sure he doesn't start and maybe isn't on the team. Make a concession, draft his son, it will make Marty feel good at no cost to the Devils. As DevilMinder said class act on the part of LA to accommodate the Devils and give them a pick in round 7 to accomplish this concession. Terrific thinking.

Now that the defense and goaltending is fixed, what do they do about the offense. Lots of rookies.  They need a first or second line win.

Wow, I totally expected him to either slip or get drafted by the Rangers just for the sake of it. :P Very, very cool moment to watch, this is awesome.

Now, how much more awesome would it be if he was an elite prospect forward, got drafted in the 1st round and scored some goals on his dad next year? :D Or maybe played with him on the same team. Crazy how time flies, Marty and his son in the same organizaiton, both as players...

I agree, I think there's no way they told Marty about this, pure shock and surprise value, and up there as one of the more amazing Devils moments (Top 20) to witness, considering how much Marty means to me as a fan. You can tell this meant the WORLD to him.

Glen Sather must have felt really inferior yesterday. Broadway-Boy got upstaged and outheadlined all day long. The New York papers are all shouting out the Devils. The Schneider move did more for our public image (of us being this bankrupt team on the verge of relocation) than anything. It was a step in the right direction to hopefully attracting some key UFAs this and next season.

Edited by DJ Eco

Was such a great moment and reading comments from Lou saying he got goosebumps when Marty called his son name and handed him the jersey. You could really tell Anthony was incredibly moved and about to cry at some moment.

Class act by Lou to do this for Marty, like someone said i'm sure it meant the world for Marty. Class act by Lombardi too, who often said he learned everything he knew about the business from Lou and who's looking up to him, i'm sure he was incredibly please to be able to give back to Lou that way.

Everything happening in NJ too made things ever better too. Even though it may not mean anything for the team's future it was one of the best moment i've been able to catch as a Devils fan. I'm glad i stayed tuned for the whole draft and could catch it live.