Holmgren/Lavi watch?

vadvlfan

Its hard to know whats up behind closed doors, think of Julien's firing riiiight before the playoffs with a handful of games left and we were like on top of the conference. We certainly made a good impression to the organization there either. 

I see what your saying.  But that's a different situation, that was before the playoffs (which is just as risky), not three games into the season.  I bet if the press asked Holmgren, "Did you see anything in particular that helped you make your decision?", Homer would not have a very well defined answer.  You don't do this so early in the season.  If your Holmgren, you need to have the presence of mind and vision to make this decision before the season starts, well before your season opener.   Indecisiveness like this is what gets you into trouble.  Bottom line, this is very piss poor leadership.

I bet if the press asked Holmgren, "Did you see anything in particular that helped you make your decision?", Homer would not have a very well defined answer.

Take it for what it's worth, but Holmgren said they didn't have a good feeling about the team from the first day of camp on.  They saw something they didn't like, and nothing changed between then and now.

This move doesn't reall make sense. Why do it three games in? I know he had a short leash after last season but they should've just done this during the offseason

Agreed. That said, they went 1-5-1 in preseason and looked worse than that doing it. Then they started poorly (last in the East, worst goal differential in the league) so they made a panicky move. That's their thing - the short sighted personel move is the patented Flyers move.

vadvlfan is Paul Holmgren?  Wouldn't've guessed that. 

I like Laviolette and hope he can go to the Western Conference for a change.

Damn your good. the press conf. became a little testy today.  One reporter asked, 11 coaches in 20 years? (Holmgren-is it that many?) suggested that maybe they shgould change the "culture"  Snider was pissed.

I don't like him as a person (running people out of town for being "immoral" while having weird interviews with a sideline reporter is a classic), but that's a pretty quick turfing.   Since everyone besides Berube gets fired, obviously he was stabbed in the back.   Not sure what the hell Berube brings to the table.   Weird organization, never seems like they're on the same page and there's always some influence stabbing people in the back.   

Crazy move, 3 games into the season?  when is Holmgren held accountable for the infinite failures he has over seen??

They didn't like how they looked at the start of camp. Preseason didn't help. But for a good coach like Lavy, it was unfair. If you're so hell bent on making a change, let him go before the year. Moving Berube up is solid. He's paid his dues in the minors and as an assistant. Maybe they'll respond.