All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Looking forward to it!!

So can people buy game worn jerseys there? Or is it just to look?

There are dealers as well as attendees there looking to buy and sell. There is also going to be the Meigrey warehouse sale at 4PM after the show. Their warehouse and offices are about 5 minutes away and I heard they have really good deals on game worns there.

Just remember these are game worns so if you are looking for a cheap $50 jersey you will be hard pressed to find those lol but you can find deals for game-worns in the $100-200 range.

Looking forward to it!!

So can people buy game worn jerseys there? Or is it just to look?

The Expo is to look and deal with other private owners and dealers. At 4:30(?) Meigray opens the doors to the warehouse for their summer sale. Usually jerseys from past season's are 50% off. And they discount the Set 1s from this year 15-20%. But no discounts on this years set 2s or 3s usually.

The jersey's offered in the grab bag are older Edge 1.0 or pre Edge jerseys. Still not an especially bad deal.

The Expo is to look and deal with other private owners and dealers. At 4:30(?) Meigray opens the doors to the warehouse for their summer sale. Usually jerseys from past season's are 50% off. And they discount the Set 1s from this year 15-20%. But no discounts on this years set 2s or 3s usually.

The jersey's offered in the grab bag are older Edge 1.0 or pre Edge jerseys. Still not an especially bad deal.

I know the jerseys they give out that come included with the $25 entrance fee are usually pre-edge, but so are the jerseys for the $125 grab bag? Both are done in grab-bag style so I just want to make sure.

Also I heard last years warehouse sale was not that good in terms of discounts from past years. Was that the case? I did not attend last year and the last time I went was in 2010.

There are dealers as well as attendees there looking to buy and sell. There is also going to be the Meigrey warehouse sale at 4PM after the show. Their warehouse and offices are about 5 minutes away and I heard they have really good deals on game worns there.

Just remember these are game worns so if you are looking for a cheap $50 jersey you will be hard pressed to find those lol but you can find deals for game-worns in the $100-200 range.

Good points. 2 years ago they had a number of jerseys (like the ones they give you for attending) for sale out behind the building. $25 for a 3-4 year old authentic jersey. Just going there once is kinda cool. But if you are buying something move quickly. The warehouse is warm and it takes time to process all the purchases if you checkout at the same time as everyone else.

I know the jerseys they give out that come included with the $25 entrance fee are usually pre-edge, but so are the jerseys for the $125 grab bag? Both are done in grab-bag style so I just want to make sure.

Also I heard last years warehouse sale was not that good in terms of discounts from past years. Was that the case? I did not attend last year and the last time I went was in 2010.

Blanks are from various years and styles. None are Edge 2.0, though, and none are the current Reebok logo.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=023597

Still considering how many Devils fans you should be able to swap if u need a different size. It beats previous grab bags where I've gotten practice jerseys for the Islanders, Oilers, Etc.

Sale was OK. They have slowly chipped away at the discount on the most current season's jerseys. First year I went it was 25 off all sets then next year was 25 off Set 1 then I think this last year was 15 off Set 1. Too many people were hanging back waiting for the sale to get the current season's jerseys.

Last year was cool to hear Chico's stories. But they didn't give you a jersey for attending. No cheap blanks behind the warehouse either.

Keep in mind they are handling some of the Devils equipment that the Devils have for the draft party. I got a Henrique stick from this season for his signing. To me the additinal cost beat sitting in line and not having it in time for the signing.

Edited by mac760

Blanks are from various years and styles. None are Edge 2.0, though, and none are the current Reebok logo.

http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=023597

Still considering how many Devils fans you should be able to swap if u need a different size. It beats previous grab bags where I've gotten practice jerseys for the Islanders, Oilers, Etc.

Sale was OK. They have slowly chipped away at the discount on the most current season's jerseys. First year I went it was 25 off all sets then 25 off Set 1 then I think this last one was 15 off Set 1. Too many people were hanging back waiting for the sale to get the current season's jerseys.

Cool thanks for clarifying that about the grab bag. You are right it is still better than past ones as I heard last year it was mostly Capitals and Islanders practice jerseys. Either way I figured $125 is worth a little risk or 1 in 25 chance of getting a good one.

That is what I heard about the warehouse sale and I saw a bunch of postings last year about how the discount got eaten away from previous years. Depending on my schedule that day, I may or may not go to the warehouse sale.

I will be bringing a game worn that I would like to unload or to even trade to the expo as I would like to perhaps get something more vintage than what I got. Other than that I cannot imagine spending more than 45 min at the expo itself in my case.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright well it's tomorrow.....who's going?

I'll be there!

I'll be there for a little bit...I can't make it to the warehouse sale at 4 p.m., but I will be at the Expo from like 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. probably.

I will be bringing a game worn that I would like to unload or to even trade to the expo as I would like to perhaps get something more vintage than what I got.

What jersey are you looking to sell? PM me.

Also, I have a number of Devils jerseys for sale that I can bring to the Expo if anyone is interested: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=021131

I'll be there for a little bit...I can't make it to the warehouse sale at 4 p.m., but I will be at the Expo from like 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. probably.

What jersey are you looking to sell? PM me.

Also, I have a number of Devils jerseys for sale that I can bring to the Expo if anyone is interested: http://www.gameworn.net/cgi-bin/GW/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=021131

PM sent.

I will be bringing a game worn that I would like to unload or to even trade to the expo as I would like to perhaps get something more vintage than what I got.

Could you PM me with the jersey you are bringing?

Thanks

Yea me too, won't be making it to the warehouse sale, but the expo should be fun!

Yea it was pretty lame, only about 3 Devils jerseys for sale, and at a very steep price.

I lost the grab bag haha :(

Got a blank Avs jersey when I entered...

Yup I got an islanders edge 1 jersey and my gf got a senators jersey. Lost the grab bag too and got a red pre edge devils jersey. Saw some people get edge jerseys which pisse me off.

A lot of the dealers were rude jackasses and a lot of the people at the swap table were ridiculous.

Yup I got an islanders edge 1 jersey and my gf got a senators jersey. Lost the grab bag too and got a red pre edge devils jersey. Saw some people get edge jerseys which pisse me off.

A lot of the dealers were rude jackasses and a lot of the people at the swap table were ridiculous.

Yea, I originally got a white Maple Leafs jersey, but I wanted a home jersey so I traded it for Avs.

I got pre-edge in the grab bag as well.

The dealers were kind of rude, weren't really interested in talking about the game, or the jerseys. I'm still pissed there weren't many devils jerseys there.

Also, I read that the sale in store ends at 6:45, and starts online immediately after that. Will the jerseys purchased at the warehouse be taken off the website so we know what is still available??

Yes that is correct I believe

Yea, I originally got a white Maple Leafs jersey, but I wanted a home jersey so I traded it for Avs.

I got pre-edge in the grab bag as well.

The dealers were kind of rude, weren't really interested in talking about the game, or the jerseys. I'm still pissed there weren't many devils jerseys there.

The dealers are certainly a breed of their own to say the least. A few dealers and collectors I know are great but a lot, especially at the expo were rude as hell. Next year I think I'll skip the expo and just do the summer warehouse sale.

I'll admit it was kinda cool to see the jerseys on display, and look at what people had to offer, but I expected it to be much bigger, with a lot more dealers.

It was my first time at the expo, so maybe I was expecting too much....

If you guys were looking to buy Devils jerseys, the Expo conference room isn't the place...the warehouse sale afterwards at 4 p.m. would be much better. Did you guys skip that part?

I wasn't able to make it there, but I'm buying one tonight or tomorrow online because the sale continues there.

If you guys were looking to buy Devils jerseys, the Expo conference room isn't the place...the warehouse sale afterwards at 4 p.m. would be much better. Did you guys skip that part?

I was there and just got a game worn brooks Lowell devils jersey with the captains C on it for $125 and that was after it was 50% off. There was a Utica devils jersey I wanted but since it was on consignment it was not discounted and out of my budget. I also heard from a few guys the discounts are getting worse and worse every year. They also had a bryson game worn for $125 after discount but I guess someone else grabbed it.

I think next year I will skip the expo next year and just go to the summer sale.

I'll admit it was kinda cool to see the jerseys on display, and look at what people had to offer, but I expected it to be much bigger, with a lot more dealers.

It was my first time at the expo, so maybe I was expecting too much....

Yeah it's pretty small. I mean honestly this is still a pretty niche hobby since it focuses on a single aspect in sports collecting

I wasn't able to make it there, but I'm buying one tonight or tomorrow online because the sale continues there.

Cool, let us know what you get!

I was there and just got a game worn brooks Lowell devils jersey with the captains C on it for $125 and that was after it was 50% off. There was a Utica devils jersey I wanted but since it was on consignment it was not discounted and out of my budget. I also heard from a few guys the discounts are getting worse and worse every year. They also had a bryson game worn for $125 after discount but I guess someone else grabbed it.

I think next year I will skip the expo next year and just go to the summer sale.

Yeah, in past years, the 50% off discount used to apply to everything except the most recent season (so if they still did it the old way, all of the Devils '10-'11 jerseys would've been on sale).

By the point, the stuff from '09-'10 has been on sale before and has already been picked over quite a bit.

Congrats on the Brooks jersey, that's pretty neat because he spent some time in NJ that year as well, plus you can't beat the price!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.